• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Not Talking to Villagers?

KitchenWhisk

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
You know in those little town rules things (no running, no flower stealing etc.) that people post in their sigs? Today I've seen five different people (possibly an exaggeration, but barely) who also list "no talking to any of my villagers".
I don't understand. Why wouldn't you let someone talk to your pixelated animals? Is there something I don't know about, or do people just REALLY hate the "oh, remember when so-and-so visited? What a flower fan!" conversation topic?

Not sure, actually. Some people mean "moving villagers", but I know some just don't wanna hear the "Remember Gabby? She's from Twilight.. Okay to me! Seems like a pro gardener." thing all the time.

Honestly that IS getting annoying (conversation topic)... I almost want to put that in my rules but eh, I use wifi mostly for trading anyway. xD;

The topic is pretty annoying. Peewee still talks about when my ex visited THREE MONTHS ago that one time. Peewee, just stop. Also it may be because they have a villager moving and they have it reserved for somebody else.

I had that as a rule before, but that was because a friend told me that if visitors talked to your neighbours, they'd move away to that person's town without notice.

Wow, didn't know people were that picky. I like interacting with other town's villagers, and I enjoy hearing stories from my villagers about other visitors.

"Ohh, I met so-and-so from such-and-such yesterday they seemed like a real nice person. I bet you could stay up all night talking and laughing with them!"

I don't think the villager knew how true that actually is lol.

I think it's a "just in case they decide to move" thing, so you sort of lessen the chance of them moving to their town uninvited, maybe? Or if you're trading with someone, they just want to get the trade done quickly so don't want you to hang around too long. People who trade a lot etc.

I've talked to loads of my friends villagers and vice versa, and it's never affected them moving or made them leave without notice. I think it's fun to meet other villagers, considering you're only able to have 10 of your own. And it's funny when they show you letters people have sent them, or gossip about the town's Mayor ^^ But I always follow the rules of whatever town I visit, each to their own I guess.

Back