• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) says "Spring 2013" for Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Didn't this same magazine have an estimated release of Spring or Summer last year? I'm sure I saw something. It does seem like it'd be released around that time, but I'm not gonna believe anything yet.

EDIT: Maybe it was this year. I can't believe how long it's been since this game was announced!

Last edited:
well, i'm guessing around March-April 2013. It's a long wait~

@Toeto: Nope. Unless you have an American 3DS =/

spring2013omn.png

image for the curious (sorry if someone posted this already)

This post maybe a bit late, but in the UK, Spring is March, April and May.
Winter is December, January and February, and we call "Fall" "Autumn".

This post maybe a bit late, but in the UK, Spring is March, April and May.
Winter is December, January and February, and we call "Fall" "Autumn".

LOL US calls in Autumn
In the US, Spring is more of late February to mid June.

We call it Autumn when we are speaking of the season, and call it Fall when we are being lazy Rednecks :D jking

Would another reason for it taking awhile be that they also have to add new content for different events we have, unlike Japan?
Because obviously we would have different season events and they would have to create those. :)

Would another reason for it taking awhile be that they also have to add new content for different events we have, unlike Japan?
Because obviously we would have different season events and they would have to create those. :)

I'm pretty sure the content is in all of the games, it just only activates when it's set to a specific region. So one set to Japan would have the Japanese holidays and events, and one set to US would have US holidays and events, etc.

Otherwise the exclusive content to those holidays wouldn't be able to work in games from other countries.

Or maybe because of the Wii U; Japan got NL before the U because Japan is not a fan of home consoles apparently. America is a fan of those, so we need to wait when the U gets a bit more silent.

Japan is a very busy, moving kind of society. They focus more on mobility with everything, including gaming. They got ACNL because it can be played on the go.

NA/EU are a bit more family-oriented in sales, and Nintendo makes family consoles. We also have the WiiU because we are an impulse-buyer country, and many of us will drop $400 on the WiiU just because it's the holidays.

I'll assume ACNL in March for NA/EU.

Japan is a very busy, moving kind of society. They focus more on mobility with everything, including gaming. They got ACNL because it can be played on the go.

NA/EU are a bit more family-oriented in sales, and Nintendo makes family consoles. We also have the WiiU because we are an impulse-buyer country, and many of us will drop $400 on the WiiU just because it's the holidays.

I'll assume ACNL in March for NA/EU.
I hope so as well, its almost in the middle of spring.
Plus the month of my birthday.

Back