• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Opinions on Time Traveling?

watercolorwish

Happy🎃Halloween!
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
4321-2546-0916
Pumpkin Pie
Tasty Cake
Kirby Easter Egg
Cake
Cake
Time traveling in ACNL is when you change the date of the game to any day/season/event you want. I for one think that it can help when growing plants, especially if you're very impatient. But everyone has different opinions on this, and I'm curious to know some!

Personally I time travel often, but I realize its not how the game is meant to be. I wouldnt do often, but its ok the occasion or two.

I honestly don't like it at all, it feels a lot like cheating to me. Whenever I've TT'd in ACNL, I've ended up resetting the whole town because of the regrets it gave me. Of course, I've TT'd a few hours ahead to see the New Year's beginning in-game (and kept the town), but otherwise, I'm unable to TT at all :p

To each his or her own. I usually only do it to move someone out quicker and then I go back to the actual date. I time travel within the same day a lot, though.

I don't see it as cheating. But I do think that the game is about long term goals and sticking with projects which is why I don't TT myself. I much prefer the sense of satisfaction that way.

I don't play every day so when I do I'll time-travel to get to the current date. ^_^

i personally like TT a lot. if i did everything i want that day i'll just TT to the next. but i dont travel far into the future just a few days. its because sometimes i cant play a day or two and i dont wanna miss a day xD and i am veeeeery impatient with things like waiting for a villager to move in/out or for pwps xD

I don't have any issues with it at all, I just prefer to play day by day and don't like TTing in my town. I only do it to regrow grass, or to prevent someone from moving out after I've taken more than a day's break from the game.

I do it on occasions. For example, I just restarted my town and I'm way too impatient to wait to unlock everything all over again, so I'm doing a bit of TTing to speed up the process.

• it's a way to play the game, and really, I don't consider it cheating, as it's an in-game feature

• if you do it carefully, there are absolutely 0 downsides to it. one of my biggest pet peeves in ac forums is all the scaremongering when people ask about TTing, without proper explanation

• I've done it, not straying too far away from my current irl date. I messed it up a few times too, but I wasn't careful

TT is alright, I just hate the feeling that when I TT a dreamie might move out. Other then that it is actually really helpful, with pwp and flowers etc.

Personally, I'm against TTing. When I had my first AC game, Wild World, I'd only ever TT if I had a special event thing with a villager (like a house visit or something). I felt like it was cheating in a way. I don't think I've ever TTed in New Leaf.

Time travelling is fiine to do, like when you missed a big event, anything you wished to be part of again, or obtain something a head of time ect. I don't think it is bad, but sometimes it can feel like the moment was less valued because it was skipped or rushed. Though I think your own opinion is what matters most, not that other's is less significant or anything like that. but it is how you play your own game in the end

I time travel to the next day, and the next, when I've done all the dailies and want the game to progress faster. Basically I do it whenever I feel like binge-playing ACNL.
If I skip more than a day, I feel like a villager might move out or something :eek:

Last edited:
I TT and don't see anything wrong with it. The game does seem more satisfying not TTing at all though.

The first year of playing New Leaf, I wanted to play in real-time for real, all the time.

No Time Traveling, not at all. But after a few months, I was forced to Time Travel. Now I'm using it all the time(no pun intended), also in other Animal Crossing games.

I don't like TT'ing, but if I'm forced to use it, I will.

Last edited:
I usually go day by day in my town, but I do use it when I lose track of time or want to go back and catch certain events. I've never understood why it was considered cheating given a built-in game feature that has existed for as long as I've known. To each their own, I guess.

I time travel sometimes. I do it when I'm adopting a villager and need to get someone out real fast. Then, I change the time back again. I see nothing wrong with it. People can play however they like.

The only reason why I didn't TT with my first 2 towns was because I just didn't know how/what it would do to my game.

I usually use TT if I missed a few days, I need a villager to move out, I'm cycling villagers, or I want a shop to open up quicker. I have no qualms with it whatsoever. If I'm honest I'm a bit of a reckless TT'er (I'll often skip 5 days at a time when moving out villagers/getting pings) and I've not lost a single dream villager, as long as you know what you're doing then it's fine.

The only thing I'm against is people who say "oh, it's cheating" or "oh, you're spoiling the game". It's just an in-built feature and you are by no means obligated to use it. If you don't like it, don't do it. As I said before, it's harmless (if you know what you're doing) and it enhances the game a lot for me.

Back