• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Paper Mario TTYD Sig

SL92

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
spwt8w.png

I've got some comments about this one, any more C&C? I had to work with perspective a lot in it.

I've already told you, but yeah, this is amazing. =O

My favorite from what you've done, without a doubt.

Nice. Not my favorite, but it's good.

Just wondering, are the characters supposed to blend in with the background?

I really like it except for the text, I'm not sure what you'd do differently with it, but it seems to just make the picture less appealing.

@Gengrawwwr, Koehler: Thanks!
@JJH: Thanks, and that's probably a side effect form me shrinking the whole thing down to half it's original size.
@Lars, Gabby: Thanks, I experimented with the text a bit, and responses to it are a bit mixed... I was never great with text >.<

@Lars: Welcome to the forums!

Very colorful, it's nice.

Mario needs to be smaller though, for dramatic emphasis.

I really like this, I tried to do a similar one back in the day, but it didn't work out... >.>

I like it. I only remember 3 characters from that game though: (Macho?) Grubba, Doopliss, and Vivian (my favorite partner). I'm going to side with fish that shrinking Mario would work well. Although I like this from most of your sigs.

Ky!e said:
I like it. I only remember 3 characters from that game though: (Macho?) Grubba, Doopliss, and Vivian (my favorite partner). I'm going to side with fish that shrinking Mario would work well. Although I like this from most of your sigs.
Vivian was also my favorite partner.
I think it was her unique attacks that me like her so much.

@Fish, Kyle: Thanks, it's great to have some tips. Having Mario smaller never occurred to me, it's an excellent suggestion.
@ProfLayton: Thanks, I was going for a more colorful sig.

I love these kind of sigs. Where there aren't like, any effects, just pictures from the game or something.

If you wanted to you could mess with the colors with a gradient map or something, but it's fine the way it is.

The text is meh though, you don't really even need it.

Professor Layton said:
Ky!e said:
Vivian was also my favorite partner.
I think it was her unique attacks that me like her so much.
TTYD was an awesome game which is why I love the sig so much. It's so bright and eye-catching and it holds so many memories with all the characters from it.

That is a very awesome and nostalgic signature! I loved the music score in the battle with Doopliss!

Thanks for all the comments, everyone, I'll probably fix up the sig a bit, taking a lot of these posts into consideration. Eventually, I'll have the original 800x300 version looking good enough to view, as well.

http://i33.tinypic.com/vq4qc6.png

That is the edited, 2x size version of the sig. Doing this made me all nostalgic, I really want to play through TTYD again.

What changed?
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">-Made Mario smaller
-Added details to the fences
-Removed the text
-Put in another "field" of leaves, with a pipe
-Edited the border
-Fixed the circles on the ground to look more like in-game, added details like shadows, flowers, leaves
-Cleaned up the renders, cleaned and edited in general</div>

Back