• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Pattern Categories

Jeremy

Not an actual piece of furniture.
Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Island
Númenor
Lily of the Valley
Golden Mushroom Lamp
Galaxy Cupcake
Rainbow Birthday Bouquet
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
We are planning our pattern board and will probably have everything categorized.

Clothing
Umbrella
Hat
Painting
Generic / Multi

What else would be important?

I'm not really sure if furniture gets its own or not.

Maybe instead of paths, have one for "scenery".
Paths and scenery seem more like two different things to me. A path is usually made to follow to avoid things like animal tracks, or to just make your town easier to navigate. Scenery seems like it would be fake flowers and streams and such, something used for aesthetic appeal.

I don't know, but perhaps past patterns. It would be for those patters that are replicas of default patters from the previous games (like GCN's avant-garde), patterns from guides for the previous games (like Noble Fashions), and patterns that were DLC for CF like the guard uniform.

However, those would probably fall under the generic/multi category considering before Wild World patterns would be applied to both hats and shirts. Just thought that a separate cateogy devoted to Animal Crossing's past patterns would help people like me wanting to recreate them.

To avoid confusion with the past patterns though, they would need to be placed into their respective categories; clothing, hat, etc.

So a section dedicated to just those would probably confuse people.

They don't necessarily need their own categories, the thing that separates pattern from previous games and this one is that the past games all shared the same size canvas (as well as the limited palettes). As long as the correct sides for pro patterns are marked, I don't think past patterns need their own categories.

If not marking them would confuse people..they're probably not old enough to be using forums anyway..

They don't necessarily need their own categories, the thing that separates pattern from previous games and this one is that the past games all shared the same size canvas (as well as the limited palettes). As long as the correct sides for pro patterns are marked, I don't think past patterns need their own categories.

If not marking them would confuse people..they're probably not old enough to be using forums anyway..

Right. Past patterns wouldn't need their own categories. I'm not sure which post you were referring to, but what I said previously was that making further sections exclusively for past patterns would probably confuse people and it would be a waste of space anyway. The patterns should just go to their respective section, regardless if they're from past titles or not.

So as an example, if someone wanted to post the guard uniform pattern from CF, it would go into the shirts section instead of a "past patterns" section.

The categories would help more organizationally rather than as a marker. For example if I were looking specifically for a hat pattern I could click through that category as opposed to having to scroll through a general pattern forum.

Would it be possible to separate dresses and shirts? I don't know if its obvious from the patterns which they are but I think it'd be a lot easier to just go to the category you know you want.

Last edited:
We are planning our pattern board and will probably have everything categorized.

Clothing
Umbrella
Hat
Painting
Generic / Multi

What else would be important?

I'm not really sure if furniture gets its own or not.

Would the pattern board be under Animal Crossing: New Leaf's board, or would it be at the Forums Home?

I thought it would be easier to have it in the main page. Otherwise you'd have to go to the NL board, then the patterns board, and then whichever board you're looking for.

I thought it would be easier to have it in the main page. Otherwise you'd have to go to the NL board, then the patterns board, and then whichever board you're looking for.

Isn't that what these links are for?

jMMFKcx.png

That being said, I'm not sure where we're going to put it yet.

Yes. Even though this is probably the third time I've ever noticed them the entire time I've been on TBT. lol

That's interesting, I use them ALL the time. Honestly, I can't imagine clicking on the main forum every single time. o_O

That's interesting, I use them ALL the time. Honestly, I can't imagine clicking on the main forum every single time. o_O

Yeah, I might be the only one who does that. I just don't think about it, and the text blends in with the forum description so I never notice it. If it were to be bold like the main forum link is it'd be easier to spot. =p

But like I said, probably just me.

Back