• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

"Phil in the City" Chapter 3, Part 1 *READ BELOW*

KingKombat

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Yup, this Chapter is a full-on tribute to AC:CF coming out this sunday. Enjoy.
---
I'm bursting with excitement.
I'm just...so...EXCITED.

Let me slow down and tell you guys. Okay. The other day I went to Tom Nook's to check out his daily stuff. Usually, it's just the regular 3 furniture items. But Tom stopped me and told me something. It went something like this.

-THE CONVERSATION-
Tom: Hey, Phil! Wait up. I want to tell you something.

Me: Ok...

Tom: Have you heard about that new game Battletoads?

Me: Oh yeah, I saw it on TV, it looks awesome.

Tom: Weeelll...I just ordered a shipment of it for Pinehut!

And it hit me.

Me: WHAT?

I didn't want to blurt it out, but I was literally on the edge of my seat for that game. I sw the commercial and I knew I had to have it.

Tom: Yup. Turns out due to a shipping error, they are overstocked on the NES game Battletoads. So I thought, "Hey! I think I know a few people who might want this."

Now, I was literally crapping my pants.

Tom: I'm gonna release the games on Sunday.

Me: That's the 16th, right?

Tom: Uh-huh.

Me: EEEEEEXCELLENT!

Tom: I'm guessing you're excited, yes?

Me: ...YES! Hey, can I look at my catalog?

Tom: Sure.

I scanned through the pages till I saw the item I wanted. I figured if I was gonna get Battletoads, I might as well get another NES controller.

Tom: 1,000 bells, please.

And so, I handed him the bells.

-END CONVERSATION-

The next day I picked about a dozen peaches and sold them for 2,000 bells. Now I had about 2,200 bells, which in a foreign country I read about in the museum comes out to $50, which I'm guessing is their own form of currency. How strange. Anyways, I had enough to buy them on Wednesday.

---

Today's the day.

I take my bells.

I run out the door.

I head like araging bull towards Nook's shop.

I see the sign, I'm close.

The door is open, I'm closer.

I'm going at light speed, getting faster.

The door's right there, I'm really close.

It's right there....

It's right there....

It's right there....

It's right there....
-------

I had that dream for about 3 days. It haunted me, but it kept me in anticipation. I told Kabuki. I can only imagine what fun it would be. Me, Kabuki, side by side, kicking total butt...UGH! It taunts me so.

All I can do is wait.

Wait.

TO BE CONTINUED

YEAH, GET OVER IT

Back