• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Pikachu 3ds XL coming to North America in March

Pokemon is a big franchise for Nintendo, of course a pokemon themed XL would come over. Pikachu is iconic and easily recognizable. While Animal Crossing is pretty well known in the Nintendo community, the design of the 3DS doesn't really look that nice. To the casual observer it probably just looks like someone painted their system to look like one of those gaudy expensive purses girls carry around.

While it's not impossible for the AC 3DSXL to come over here, it's not nearly as likely as this one was. If the system gets brought over here, it will probably just be to pander to the fans who have to own everything related to animal crossing. And if they were going to do it for that reason, I'd rather they bring over stuff like plushies. |: I'd actually buy those.

I'm excited for the Pikachu 3DS Xl. If only I wasn't poor :c I imagine it's only going to be out for a little while. And I don't want the ACXL.

It's definitely a good sign that more JPN XL designs are coming here. I really want the AC XL so I'm, hoping they continue the trend :)

This is much better than the AC one. Berri is right about how the AC one looks almost "handmade".

If the other countries got the AC3DS, I wouldn't buy it. I'd rather have the Pikachu one. Pikachu is the face of Pokemon, basically. It's recognized world-wide. With the AC 3DS, people in Japan might say, "Oh, look, they have an Animal Crossing 3DS." because it's widely popular there. But in other places, it would look like you covered your 3DS with stickers.

I already have mine ordered. It will be shipped to my house overnight on release day ^^

Hoping to get this for Easter, but kind of an expensive Easter present. So idk if ill get it. Lol

I'm getting it for my birthday. Since supplies of it are so limited, my parents will be buying it now, but I'm not getting it until July 4th (my b-day).

If its anything like the Zelda craze, those who don't preorder now won't be seeing it by the time March even ends xD

Didnt it take barely a few days for it to sell out for good in both Europe and Japan?

I am getting Pokemon: MD Gates to Infity BUT I will not be purchasing this XL. I despise pikachu actually. ~hipster~hipster~hipster

I'd like to wait to see if the Animal Crossing XL will be coming over.

I was planning on getting a pink one and kind of still want it but I do like pikachu and since it is a Limited Edition it makes me kind of want it...ahh I don't know. I kind of want to do the walmart deal that comes with a free game so I might get a pink one...and I found a harry potter pikachu sticker that I might buy for it LOL

they have to give us the bundle....the animal crossing XL is like the coolest one....the others besides the mario one don't have pretty patterns. But if you have a 3ds or a XL and don't need the bundle, just look into gelskins.

I sort of anticipated the Pikachu 3DSXL coming to North America, but really wanted a pink one instead so I bought that one, also being a limited edition (so they said).
I adore Pikachu, but I also love the colour pink. If I want to later on I could probably find a sticker of him and put in on my 3DSXL. Or make a skin and stick that on instead. Not sure yet.
I really don't like the AC 3DS XL. It does look a bit home-made... I'd rather make my own using an online skin maker.

I'd rather have the charizard one, but I'm glad we're getting this one atleast

I'd have rather gotten that one as well.

It's weird, they know that Pikachu is much, much less popular in western countries than it is in the eastern ones, yet they give us the one we're least likely to buy. But I guess it's better than nothing.

Back