• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Place your random thoughts.

I’ve been playing Usagi Shima for the past couple of hours, and it’s so silly. I love it, lol. Why is Celeste facing the other way in the mushroom house now 😭

IMG_4880.png
IMG_4881.png

I was reading about the problems with Disney and why they’re failing in the box office. While right-wing pundits are trying to say that their obsessive shoving of diversity in audiences’ faces is hurting them, that isn’t the main problem (honestly, the right wing is trying to rebel against this trend). You can’t even say that theaters are dying as an excuse. If they want to come up with a successful film, they need to consider all of the following:
  • No more quirky and dorky female protagonists. If they’re going to make a female protagonist, they need to have more varied ones (i.e. a strict nun).
  • There needs to be a proper villain. Villain-free plots don’t seem to follow the Disney formula. They did a good job on this in Wish, for that King Magnifico is the first proper villain in a Disney animated feature since Clayton, but we don’t need another symbolic villain like Chick Hicks, another twist villain/hidden villain like Assistant Bellwether, or another lame villain like Alameda Slim.
  • They need to stop paying a homage to older Disney movies. Especially how Ralph Breaks The Internet did. That is a big insult to Disney’s animated legacy, hence why I would say that Moana is the last true WDAS film.
  • They need to try something new. Innovation may be risky, but people are tired of seeing the same old stuff.
  • And no more sequels please.

I was reading about the problems with Disney and why they’re failing in the box office. While right-wing pundits are trying to say that their obsessive shoving of diversity in audiences’ faces is hurting them, that isn’t the main problem (honestly, the right wing is trying to rebel against this trend). You can’t even say that theaters are dying as an excuse. If they want to come up with a successful film, they need to consider all of the following:
  • No more quirky and dorky female protagonists. If they’re going to make a female protagonist, they need to have more varied ones (i.e. a strict nun).
  • There needs to be a proper villain. Villain-free plots don’t seem to follow the Disney formula. They did a good job on this in Wish, for that King Magnifico is the first proper villain in a Disney animated feature since Clayton, but we don’t need another symbolic villain like Chick Hicks, another twist villain/hidden villain like Assistant Bellwether, or another lame villain like Alameda Slim.
  • They need to stop paying a homage to older Disney movies. Especially how Ralph Breaks The Internet did. That is a big insult to Disney’s animated legacy, hence why I would say that Moana is the last true WDAS film.
  • They need to try something new. Innovation may be risky, but people are tired of seeing the same old stuff.
  • And no more sequels please.
You're missing the mark a little bit.

-The quirky, dorky female leads are an example of lazy millennial writing.
-The twist villains like may not be received as well by audiences used to the Disney renaissance. Jack Horner from the new Puss in Boots movie was received very well. Also I don't think Hans in Frozen was carrying a sword, before he used it.
-The homages in Wish contradict Kingdom Hearts lore, and don't really make a lot of sense. An example would be a spoiler, with who the main character turns into.
-I'm not the only one tired of the live action remakes. I thought they were just making those to extend copyrights, but they're committing to a Moana remake soon.

I used a logical fallacy in there. Can you spot it?

They need to stop paying a homage to older Disney movies. Especially how Ralph Breaks The Internet did. That is a big insult to Disney’s animated legacy, hence why I would say that Moana is the last true WDAS film.
I definitely agree with this. So many of the most recent Disney movies are just sequels. Even when they don't, they love making references to older movies. Just look at Wish.

You're missing the mark a little bit.

-The quirky, dorky female leads are an example of lazy millennial writing.
-The twist villains like may not be received as well by audiences used to the Disney renaissance. Jack Horner from the new Puss in Boots movie was received very well. Also I don't think Hans in Frozen was carrying a sword, before he used it.
-The homages in Wish contradict Kingdom Hearts lore, and don't really make a lot of sense. An example would be a spoiler, with who the main character turns into.
-I'm not the only one tired of the live action remakes. I thought they were just making those to extend copyrights, but they're committing to a Moana remake soon.

I used a logical fallacy in there. Can you spot it?
Probably that first one, because that sounds like a stereotype.
I definitely agree with this. So many of the most recent Disney movies are just sequels. Even when they don't, they love making references to older movies. Just look at Wish.
What I didn’t like was that they put every single Disney Princess into the movie. Including Anna and Elsa.

The classic Hershey's Kisses commercial from all the way back in December 1989, apparently titled, "Christmas Bells".
There is a new version of that commercial, but sadly, it's been butchered a little bit. Not my Hershey's!

The old one I've seen as a child in the 2000's is so much better...

I really want Buldak ramen right now.. :[

I've been meaning to try all the least spiciest flavors, so I can attempt to build my spice tolerance. And this is only because my spice tolerance is very bad.. T^T Cream carbonara buldak ramen where are you..

My favorite Siivagunner rips that I can remember are these two:

This is obviously in an ironic sense, because I only really like the songs because of how funny they are. But imagine how funny it would be if Siivagunner was hired as the composer for a video game soundtrack.

If you’re calling others to cancel their Disney+ subscriptions for removing their advertising from Twitter, then you’re feeding anti-semitism with power. And if you’re doing that, and then join TBT, then I will never buy from you or sell you any collectibles, no matter what price you’re offering.

I’m so against boycotting other businesses for political reasons so much that I’m not even willing to show any respect to those who boycott for political beliefs.

Last edited:
My favorite Siivagunner rips that I can remember are these two:

This is obviously in an ironic sense, because I only really like the songs because of how funny they are. But imagine how funny it would be if Siivagunner was hired as the composer for a video game soundtrack.
These are totally Pokemon songs and not Calamari Inkantation from Splatoon.
(Yeah, these are my favorite rips.)

I know this is so random but this sounds so much like New Leaf 1PM. It even used a lot of the same notes at the beginning. They both start with a G2 and then a F4 sharp. Seems really coincidental to me.

I remember back in the vBulletin era, the seasons and time of the day in the background was more regular and less realistic.
  • The Spring and Summer had the same background, which ran from March 1st to August 31st. Twilight was at 5 AM and 8 PM, sunrise was at 6 AM, sunset was at 7 PM, and at 7 AM and 6 PM, the daytime sky was a little darker than the average daytime sky. We had the brightest day background from 8 AM to 5 PM, and the starry night background from 9 PM to 4 AM.
  • The Fall background (which was the first one I seen) ran from September 1st to November 30th. The day/night cycle was shifted by one hour earlier than the Spring’s and Summer’s day/night cycle.
  • The Winter background ran from December 1st to February 28th (or 29th), and had the pine tree in the background. The day/night cycle was shifted by two hours earlier than the Spring’s and Summer’s day/night cycle.
Now it’s more realistic, or at least more in pattern to ACNH’s season cycle and day/night cycles.

Re-watched that one Impractical Jokers prank where Q is pitches a book idea to a guy who tells him “I effing love Shrek!” and “Once I went on a cruise just because there was a guy there dressed like Shrek!” 😂 That man could join them since Joe left lol.

Back