Place your random thoughts.

I suppose if something's allowed to happen once then it can potentially cause that thing(s) to repeat, like it's more abt prevention. I read abt this a little bit when coming across anti-bullying stuff in high school. It's kinda like the longer that harassment is allowed to occur, the more power it gives to the person who's harassing others, ya know? All those things can certainly cause an unsafe environment for a lot of people, so I get why it's a bit strict.
Thanks for telling me. Now there are some cases where it’s the “victim’s” fault for being too sensitive. For example: If you disagree with them politically, and they tell you not to communicate with them, you can’t be held accountable for harassment if you didn’t listen to them the first time. Although repeatedly pestering the person after they tell you not to talk to them may cross the line, the person is still at fault for trying to inhibit you.

However, I will agree that saying something sexual or using hate speech directed at someone, knowing how bad it is, will count as harassment on the first offense due to the severity of the speech. There’s no way you can accuse them of being too sensitive in these cases. Also, any act of privacy invasion, block evasion, stalking, or any intentional and repeated bad behaviors should be considered harassment. If someone doesn’t want to talk to you for any of that, they have a good reason not to talk to you.

Back