• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Poll: ~ Misc. features? Anybody?

Miscellaneous features?

• Ambient Sound (wind, footsteps, etc ONLY)

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Nook MP3 player... NookPod? (Retro sounds)

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Idle animations (fixing hair, hair physics with wind)

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Hunger and Stamina meter? Toilet meter?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bags = Extra portable storage (small)

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Getting sick (A cold in the rain/winter)

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Something else (comment!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Living Fossil

Lonely Soulmate
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0297-6799-0780
So I thought of some "extra features" that isn't really meant as useful like say, bulk crafting and shopping in bulk, but still useful for some of us I'd imagine.

1. Ambient sound: Do you ever get tired of soundtracks in Animal Crossing? Ever wanted to have an option to just turn off the hourly soundtrack and music from the resident services, shops and museum? Maybe you just wanna hear the aquarium water sounds in the museum, or the bugs singing? Hear your own footsteps only, the wind howling, a villager farting? The options are endless!

2. Nook MP3/Pod with headphones: Now for the opposite to the number 1, ever wished to set the current hourly music or anything or anywhere you are into previous soundtracks and sounds? Look no further! The Nook head shaped mp3 player/pod is here for your needs! Resident services sound annoying you? Welcome back to the good ol' whistling accordian post office!

3. Idle animations: You stand still for a minute (unless your joycon drifts) and your player does different things. This could be great for online play mostly so people know if you're not by your Switch.

4. Hunger/Stamina meter: You have to eat a specific ammount or you're too weak to swing your net, fish, pole vault and more. Toilet meter is more for immersion but this is more a The Sims thing haha.

5. Carrying a bag: means you can have extra stuff you choose inside of it. Imagine like... A toolbox for all your tools, or creatures storage. Fish, bugs, bait.

6. Achoo? Villagers SPOOKED: You can get sick for ignoring an umbrella in the rain or having too little clothes in winter. The next day you can't run or visit other villagers without them avoiding you or telling you to take medicine daily and not enter their house without a face mask or helment option.

Did I miss anything?

...You can choose two options in the poll! :)
Post automatically merged:

I have a feeling the post/poll bugged out. :unsure:

Last edited:
I would love idle animations so much it'd be so dang cute.

I voted retro tunes because I’d LOVE to have NL’s 8 AM playing on my island and a cold mechanic added because I think that sounds funny (though I can 1000000% guarantee you that there will be a very large, VERY vocal group listing grievances about it).

I would love ambient sound toggles - some certain soundtracks are awful and make me loose focus on fishing, balloon farming, bug catching, etc. I’d love if I would just be able to pop open the nook phone, hit a few buttons, and then only be able to hear nature!

Not a fan of most of the game’s hourly music tracks so it would be nice if we could turn it off and listen to ambience. its such a simple thing to add in an update but i wouldn’t put it past them if it never happens. Its as simple as asking Tom to turn it off in the title screen options 😔. They market the game as a relaxing island getaway yet being able to turn off tedious hourly music was a big oversight imo

Not a fan of most of the game’s hourly music tracks so it would be nice if we could turn it off and listen to ambience. its such a simple thing to add in an update but i wouldn’t put it past them if it never happens. Its as simple as asking Tom to turn it off in the title screen options 😔. They market the game as a relaxing island getaway yet being able to turn off tedious hourly music was a big oversight imo

Really all they need to do is add an app to the Nook phone called audio settings and then let us adjust: Music, Sound Effects, and Ambience individually.

I want the first option so much!! I play on mute right now, but i would at last play with sound on if we could turn off the music.

1. Ambient sound would be awesome. I actually like the music in this game, but they did such a great job with the sound effects that I would love to hear them isolated. Also it would let me listen to my own music when I wanted to.

2. A way to listen to past tracks would be awesome. However, I'd prefer is they were even tradeoffs, meaning you can't play 8am from Wild World whenever you want. It would be settings like at 8am you can can play another game's 8am and at 9am you can play another game's 9am. Changing the shop and indoor places music to older versions would be cool to, but again, I think it should be you can only play Nook's Cranny tracks in Nook's Cranny, not anywhere on the island.

3. Idle animations would be cool, but I'm not desperate for these.

4. Definitely don't want any hunger/stamina. I already think about how close my tools are to breaking all the time, I don't want to worry about my character's stomach as well.

5. Carrying a bag for a little extra storage would be cool, but I wonder how the game would handle that when you put the bag in storage. Would all the items dump out or would the bag keep the items and you would then have to remember to take things out before storing it? Could be cool though!

6. The idea of getting sick, but it not effecting gameplay would be awesome. Like you said, if you don't wear a raincoat or umbrella when it rains then the next day your character might sneeze every once in a while or have a runny nose. That would be super cute. If you didn't want it you could just take medicine and it would go away. This would also give more incentive for players who don't normally change their clothes to do so.

I'd love to have bags with seperate inventories that'd stay in there while being stored too.

I wouldn’t mind having bags for extra storage. I tend to go fishing, bug catching, and diving a lot, so having the extra storage would be nice and would mean a little more room for me and other items.

I'd really like most of those lol. For the something else option, it would be nice if luck was brought back and tripping....naturally that would mean Katrina to tell us our lucky item. <3

I really like the MP3 player idea. I don’t mind New Horizons’ music but I tend to play at the same times each day (evenings after work) and so the music feels suuuuuper repetitive to me. It would be nice to be able to choose a different song occasionally.

1. Ambient sound would be awesome. I actually like the music in this game, but they did such a great job with the sound effects that I would love to hear them isolated. Also it would let me listen to my own music when I wanted to.

2. A way to listen to past tracks would be awesome. However, I'd prefer is they were even tradeoffs, meaning you can't play 8am from Wild World whenever you want. It would be settings like at 8am you can can play another game's 8am and at 9am you can play another game's 9am. Changing the shop and indoor places music to older versions would be cool to, but again, I think it should be you can only play Nook's Cranny tracks in Nook's Cranny, not anywhere on the island.

3. Idle animations would be cool, but I'm not desperate for these.

4. Definitely don't want any hunger/stamina. I already think about how close my tools are to breaking all the time, I don't want to worry about my character's stomach as well.

5. Carrying a bag for a little extra storage would be cool, but I wonder how the game would handle that when you put the bag in storage. Would all the items dump out or would the bag keep the items and you would then have to remember to take things out before storing it? Could be cool though!

6. The idea of getting sick, but it not effecting gameplay would be awesome. Like you said, if you don't wear a raincoat or umbrella when it rains then the next day your character might sneeze every once in a while or have a runny nose. That would be super cute. If you didn't want it you could just take medicine and it would go away. This would also give more incentive for players who don't normally change their clothes to do so.
What you said on point 2 is exactly what I had in mind for the past soundtrack idea! I should have been more specific honestly. Choosing a song wouldn't be the same. Frankly I got the idea from the "GB player" in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. In those games there's this item that makes the current song the retro version from the Gameboy :)

Point 5 is also interessting as you mentioned what happens if you store a bag full of things in storage... What if there was a new category in storage for that? Would that even work?
Post automatically merged:

I would love ambient sound toggles - some certain soundtracks are awful and make me loose focus on fishing, balloon farming, bug catching, etc. I’d love if I would just be able to pop open the nook phone, hit a few buttons, and then only be able to hear nature!
The funny thing is that I seem to be the only one that prefers NH soundtrack over NL. I dom't know what it is, but I really disliked New Leaf's hourly music. I got no issue with NH's hourly tracks but as a Wild World and City Folk fan, I long for those true Animal Crossing tracks.

But I think we all are biased to some point haha. However to toggle music off compleltely could be so refreshing. Hearing the waves crash, seagulls screaming, wind roaring and howling, rain falling, crispy footsteps in the snow...

Last edited:
1) Since we can place KK music, having hourly music in KK tracks & one named 'silence' would be the closest thing I think we could get & would be appreciated.
5) I would love if the tool ring was its own storage & tools/holdables weren't a jumbled mess in my pockets, but I'm just too lazy to organize when something breaks.
6) I miss the 'unlucky' days where you would run & just *pomf* trip lol but getting sick-eh; you can wear the nose drip & sneeze?

Back