• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Post-E3 : A new Animal Crossing "not ready" to be shown yet

Thank you for this! All i was seeking was acknowledgement for the title and that they were working on it even if it was far from done.

it's about time, I don't really play New Leaf anymore but I would play a new one a bunch and the switch is also the perfect console to release a new ac game in. Hopefully they pull an "Ultimate" and bring back every past villager.

Last edited:
Not ready could mean it hasn't even been started

Not ready could mean it hasn't even been started

If you want my guess, it's plausible that part of the Splatoon team moved on to Animal Crossing Switch after they've completed work on Splatoon 2 last year.

This will give me plenty of time for me to prepare for my New Leaf town...

Thought some might like to see this. I hope maybe we get an official announcement of development soon?

https://nintendosoup.com/heres-a-handy-infographic-of-major-games-coming-to-nintendo-switch-in-2018/

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, interesting to note what Reggie said here.

https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-talks-surprise-factor-fans-misunderstandingthem/

I don't see AC though. Or am I crazy?
I like that he talks about surprising the consumers. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I'm still expecting either an announcement during E3 2019, or a Direct during Q4 of next year to say AC Switch will be arriving late next year or early 2020.

But as long as it's in the early planning/development stages at this point, I'm happy about it.

Thank you for sharing this, Boccages! It's so nice to see a glimmer of hope. I've been playing ACNL for less than a year and it's my first AC title. I know some of you have been waiting for years for news like this though. It made me so sad to see how sad everyone was after E3 this year. I'm actually happier for all the long time players than I am for myself.

I was so bummed when it wasn't shown at E3 but now I'm excited! Hard to say how long it will take before it's ready but there's hope now. People have been wanting a new animal crossing game for awhile I'm glad Nintendo is listening.

It?s nice to see some hope! I was upset about there not being anything about a new Animal Crossing game. :(

sadly i am more on the side of ill believe it when i see it, i dont really trust those "leaks" that happen all the time myself

Oh wow I didn't realize that, that makes me feel a lot better about it, for some reason I had the mentality that there wasn't going to be an Animal Crossing Switch game at all, the fact that they mentioned it makes me really happy >.<

Back