• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Purposely slow players?

I think I'll take it at a steady pace. I dont want to go too slow and be stuck behind all my friends but at the same time I dont want to rush it and get bored really quickly.

Infact, I am SUCH a purposely slow player that I am thinking about resetting.... AGAIN. I am in the process of getting my approval rating to %100 so I havn't come that far.

Just REALLY debating the eyes I have right now....

I am going to be DAYS behind everyone :p

I am somewhat rushing at the moment, but not too much. I've so far payed off my second house debt, and have gotten my 100 mayor points. At the moment I'm kind of rushing just because I want to get my development permit back so I can start public works and enact the Night Owl ordinance, and so I can unlock the island and earn more Bells.

I paid off my tent today since I just got the game, but I'm going to quickly work to make my house bigger before I relax on my gameplay. That teeny house won't contain all my loots! Once I have a decent sized house I'll slow down a little.

I decided that I was going to take my time ^__^

When I played Wild World I time traveled a lot and grinded for bells nonstop. Even though I was able to upgrade my house rather quickly and get all of the items that I wanted, the game became rather boring very fast because I got everything that I wanted right from the beginning.

I don't want the same thing to happen with New Leaf

I have a similar play-style. I don't like to rush a game that isn't meant to be rushed in the first place.

Probably a little faster thanks to all the easy cash that can be made during the summertime, but not as fast as my brother who hasn't really put his down other than to sleep or eat. He's swimming in the bells while I just managed to pay off the house to expand and saved up about half for more expansion.

I've been playing nonstop ever since I got it yesterday afternoon, and, with time travelling, I have...

-Obtained the development permit (obviously), enacted the Bell Boom ordinance
-Gotten the 3rd house expansion (largest size for the first room, no other additions)
-Leif's Gardening store, and T&T Mart (though I have to wait another day for it to be built)
-50+ donations to the Museum (God knows how many, I've donated every new fossil, fish, and bug that I've obtained); got ripped off by Redd once
-3 new neighbors (in addition to the initial 5)

...That's pretty much it, honestly. I'm waiting to start on public works projects, mostly because I want Main Street and my house upgraded first. I'll eventually reset the calendar to its proper temporal interval, whenever I'm satisfied with my town.

Last edited:
I'm definitely playing "laid-back" but not slow. I'm not going to purposely not pay off my mortgages or anything, but I won't TT to get expansions or anything either. I'm going at an average pace. The only thing I rushed for was to pay off my tent and pay the 38,500 bell loan so that I can get the island. Tortimer should be showing up tomorrow and Kapp'n on Wednesday. :D

I've been playing New Leaf for an unhealthy amount of time. Since 3:00-7:43 dear god 0_0

I already paid off my second home loan!

Back