Moon Bunny
Snow Bunny
Daisy Easter Egg
Toy Hammer
森
Dreamy Party Popper
Spirit Candy: Pierrot
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Hello everyone. So I have noticed this problem recently. I have an OLD 3DS XL that has a small issue... Whenever I am playing games every once in a while maybe if I have been playing for an hour it will start flashing red for 3 seconds and then stop. The red light is the one that is located on the right hinge and same as the streetpass one. Basically it flashes randomly and its fully charged. Whenever I am done playing I always put my console on charge. It never turns off or stops anything. It just will flash a bit for a few seconds. It exactly like when you have no power left except everything is fine. After like 3 seconds its perfectly fine again so it does not bother me. I was just wondering if there is a fix to this just incase it gets worse. Thanks so much!

It sounds like a battery issue of some sort. Since it just randomly flashes and is otherwise fine, my guess is either the battery has a bad connection, or the battery is just old and worn out. If you have a small phillips screwdriver I'd recommend removing the bottom plate of the 3DS and pulling the battery out to check it and re-seat it which will hopefully fix the issue. Also be sure to check the contacts on both the battery and the system itself to make sure there isn't any dirt or anything. If the battery itself appears to be inflated, immediately stop using it and buy a replacement battery. If the battery appears to be fine (completely flat on both sides) and you've had the system for a while, then it might also be worth just getting a replacement battery anyway since it might just be old and worn (plus, you'll likely notice improved battery life with a new one in place).

is it orangeish? it might be a notification to show that a 3ds friend of yours is online. just press home menu and a little banner should appear, showing the amount of friends online

is it orangeish? it might be a notification to show that a 3ds friend of yours is online. just press home menu and a little banner should appear, showing the amount of friends online
Oh no its just plain bright blood red. Its just like when it would run out of power. I dont think I ever have seen the orange light before unless its ON THE SCREEN. Thanks though!
Post automatically merged:

It sounds like a battery issue of some sort. Since it just randomly flashes and is otherwise fine, my guess is either the battery has a bad connection, or the battery is just old and worn out. If you have a small phillips screwdriver I'd recommend removing the bottom plate of the 3DS and pulling the battery out to check it and re-seat it which will hopefully fix the issue. Also be sure to check the contacts on both the battery and the system itself to make sure there isn't any dirt or anything. If the battery itself appears to be inflated, immediately stop using it and buy a replacement battery. If the battery appears to be fine (completely flat on both sides) and you've had the system for a while, then it might also be worth just getting a replacement battery anyway since it might just be old and worn (plus, you'll likely notice improved battery life with a new one in place).
I guess I can ask my mother to try this tonight! The 3ds is very veeeeery old though. Thank you for a solution! Sometimes confusing is what will fix thank you!!!

If it's that old then it is likely battery wear causing the issue. Nintendo still sells new batteries on their online store for fairly cheap if you want to go that route.

Back