• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia Redd's Revenge - Sign-Up Thread [CLOSED]

I added a small note above regarding not specifying a preferred villager personality:

@lily2816 , I currently have a random sisterly villager representing you, which will be revealed after sign-ups close. Do you want to stick with the sisterly villager or want one from a different personality?
i dont care as long as it is not cranky. lol

Over two hours left to sign up if we want to begin tomorrow! We need at least two players (and I’d have to pull at most two replacements) for this to happen. If you’re wanting to play, sign up now!

I have posted the game thread with the villager assignments here: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/redds-revenge-game-thread-do-not-post-yet.630426/

Please note that your villager was chosen at random based off the preferred personality you have given me. Once we get at least two more players to sign up, I will PM all players their roles and the game will begin the next day.

The replacement players may also get pulled in, so if you signed up as one, keep an eye on your notifications.

Does it matter if I’m totally new to all this?
I’ll sign up as a replacement, just because I feel like anyone else would understand the game better 😂

Username: Doo
Pronouns: she/her
Participant or Replacement: Replacement
Preferred Villager Personality: Peppy

Does it matter if I’m totally new to all this?
I’ll sign up as a replacement, just because I feel like anyone else would understand the game better 😂
It doesn't matter whatsoever. Believe me; once you get into the game, it's becomes a piece of cake. You can even sit back and observe the other players for an hour or two, then share your own thoughts.

As you signed up as a replacement, keep in mind that you won't get first priority to play if I end up bringing in the other replacements that signed up before you. If you want to change your mind, please let me know before the last two required players sign up.

It doesn't matter whatsoever. Believe me; once you get into the game, it's becomes a piece of cake. You can even sit back and observe the other players for an hour or two, then share your own thoughts.

As you signed up as a replacement, keep in mind that you won't get first priority to play if I end up bringing in the other replacements that signed up before you. If you want to change your mind, please let me know before the last two required players sign up.
Sure, I’ll take part! Thank you

I would recommend PMing the replacements/past players to see if they’re interested in playing. Excited to start soon!

Bump

We still need one more player. I have messaged the replacements to join in if they wish to, so if all three of them accept today, we will begin the game tomorrow. This might be the last call to join in if you're still on the fence to play!

1/3 replacements have joined so far.

Username: Ness
Pronouns: He/him
Participant or Replacement: participant
Preferred Villager Personality: Smug

And with that, we have nine players! I am leaving sign-ups open for anyone else that may be interested until 2PM EST Tuesday. At that point, no more new sign-ups will be accepted and roles will be sent out.

Unless we suddenly get some more players and neither replacement comes in, there will likely be only three mafia members, and the Katrina roles will be combined. The number of roles will be posted on the main game thread.

@FrostyAlmonds and @voltairenism , please check your PM's.

3 mafia with 9 players seems kinda unfair if i'm not missing something, only takes 2 miselims to win on D2

Maybe run through the setup with an experienced player not in the game (like Dolby or geoni) to get their thoughts
Post automatically merged:

But I agree 2 mafia makes the most sense

3 mafia with 9 players seems kinda unfair if i'm not missing something, only takes 2 miselims to win on D2
Yeah, that kind of makes it a bit unfair for the villagers now that I think about it. It would mean a role would get the axe; I was thinking ringleader. I hope it doesn't come to that as I would still like another player or two to join, though if we get more players we wouldn't have to worry about it as much.

I'll take your suggestions for now; if we get a tenth player to join before the deadline, then I think we'll be okay with three mafia players.

Yeah, that kind of makes it a bit unfair for the villagers now that I think about it. It would mean a role would get the axe; I was thinking ringleader. I hope it doesn't come to that as I would still like another player or two to join, though if we get more players we wouldn't have to worry about it as much.

I'll take your suggestions for now; if we get a tenth player to join before the deadline, then I think we'll be okay with three mafia players.
I don’t think a 3rd mafia would be balanced until you have at least 12 players. When balancing you should always balance the town/maf ratio first. Afterwards you would balance the power roles against each other.

I don’t think a 3rd mafia would be balanced until you have at least 12 players. When balancing you should always balance the town/maf ratio first. Afterwards you would balance the power roles against each other.
Yeah; I've gotta figure that out before the game begins. We're definitely not going to get 12 players and all the roles active at this rate, but it is what it is.

I do want to try and keep the Katrina role active however, as that is the unique aspect of the game. Maybe it's best to combine the two into one, and axe ringleader and investigator based off who we've got.

Everyone,

If no one else joins, I will decide to eliminate the ringleader and investigator roles due to lack of players. The Katrina role will be combined into a two-use town role, and we’ll still have the master of disguise, hacker, watcher and guardian roles. There will be a total of 2 mafia players and 7 town members.

If anyone has a better suggestion, feel free to PM me real quick and I’ll make the necessary changes if I agree.

Back