• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Regarding the Skin

@ tk

i dont know what you just said... that didnt make any sense

From what I read, the main thing he was upset about was that the description in the skin selector was called "Soft Autumn". He thought this "changed the name" and made it "not his". I don't know what that's supposed to mean other than he's making a big deal over it. It was called that because there would eventually be two skins with the same description in the skin selector if we were using basic names like that. The other set of season skins would be "Bold Fall," and would be similar to some of TBT's older skins color wise. But it's silly to give them both the same description.. and how what it's called in the selector changes anything whatsoever... I have no idea.

Well let me rephrase, if someone takes the time out to do something, maybe they should get the respect they deserve and have what they want, or even let the members of tbt decide what they want. It's very disrespectful changing an artists work for what you think is better, and if this is for tbt, then how come you, one person, can change something. Let Shadow decide, I mean come on, he spent all this time on something for it to just be a complete waste? Sorry but that just pisses me off a valued member of a forum feels this thrashed about something he thought was good and I'm sure many of us did as well.

TwilightKing said:
Well let me rephrase, if someone takes the time out to do something, maybe they should get the respect they deserve and have what they want, or even let the members of tbt decide what they want. It's very disrespectful changing an artists work for what you think is better, and if this is for tbt, then how come you, one person, can change something. Let Shadow decide, I mean come on, he spent all this time on something for it to just be a complete waste? Sorry but that just es me off a valued member of a forum feels this thrashed about something he thought was good and I'm sure many of us did as well.
It's not that it wasn't good. It's that there are certain things we had required, however some of those things didn't get to SL to the end.

And if you let Shadow do what he wants, that's one person deciding as well. We appreciate what he did but in the end he decided to take back the skin and not to use it on TBT. I don't see how we're thrashing or insulting him.

TwilightKing said:
Well let me rephrase, if someone takes the time out to do something, maybe they should get the respect they deserve and have what they want, or even let the members of tbt decide what they want. It's very disrespectful changing an artists work for what you think is better, and if this is for tbt, then how come you, one person, can change something. Let Shadow decide, I mean come on, he spent all this time on something for it to just be a complete waste? Sorry but that just pisses me off a valued member of a forum feels this thrashed about something he thought was good and I'm sure many of us did as well.
TK, SL is getting a lot of respect here and we're doing this in a very professional, mature, and simple way. It's not like we kept it here and rubbed our noses at him. We took it down because that's what he wanted... are you saying using somebody's skin without permission is giving respect? I like the skin too, but I'm not going to leave it up if there's an issue. We simply cannot call the skin "Animal Crossing" in the selector because there will be other AC skins... is that worth causing an issue over?

stormcommander said:
TwilightKing said:
TK, SL is getting a lot of respect here and we're doing this in a very professional, mature, and simple way. It's not like we kept it here and rubbed our noses at him. We took it down because that's what he wanted... are you saying using somebody's skin without permission is giving respect? I like the skin too, but I'm not going to leave it up if there's an issue. We simply cannot call the skin "Animal Crossing" in the selector because there will be other AC skins... is that worth causing an issue over?
He wanted "Animal Crossing Autum"

Bacon Boy said:
stormcommander said:
TwilightKing said:
There was going to be two sets of season skins... I'm sure you can see the problem there

And I know it's not a big deal, but that's my point...

Bacon Boy said:
stormcommander said:
TwilightKing said:
Well let me rephrase, if someone takes the time out to do something, maybe they should get the respect they deserve and have what they want, or even let the members of tbt decide what they want. It's very disrespectful changing an artists work for what you think is better, and if this is for tbt, then how come you, one person, can change something. Let Shadow decide, I mean come on, he spent all this time on something for it to just be a complete waste? Sorry but that just es me off a valued member of a forum feels this thrashed about something he thought was good and I'm sure many of us did as well.
That's not the point. For one the name couldn't be used because future skins of the same season will be made, so we need it under a universal name.

And the name doesn't mean he's not getting credit for it.

stormcommander said:
Bacon Boy said:
stormcommander said:
TwilightKing said:
There was going to be two sets of season skins... I'm sure you can see the problem there

Animal Crossing Autumn 1 & Animal Crossing Autumn 2. Simple.

OddCrazyMe said:
Bacon Boy said:
stormcommander said:
TwilightKing said:
That's not the point. For one the name couldn't be used because future skins of the same season will be made, so we need it under a universal name.

But it was said that when the Mona Lisa was made, they didn't rename it because they were worried there might be another one.

Bacon Boy said:
stormcommander said:
Bacon Boy said:
stormcommander said:
TwilightKing said:

Well if that's what SL would like it to be called, he needs to tell us. Unless he tells us he wants it back up, than it won't go up.

"And if you let Shadow do what he wants, that's one person deciding as well."

I also said more people from tbt should have had a choice in the matter, that's more than one person. I'm pretty sure it's not the respect that made him tell me he might leave. Too much mis-communication can be harsh, a lot of work was probably scratched today because of it.

And I'm pretty sure members would be more turned away by the piece of crap skin now rather than some different names in the skin name box. For organization sake, I can see how the name change could be good, but I still think the creator should get the final decision in the matter.

OddCrazyMe said:
Bacon Boy said:
stormcommander said:
Bacon Boy said:
stormcommander said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep

Well if that's what SL would like it to be called, he needs to tell us. Unless he tells us he wants it back up, than it won't go up.
I still don't understand why you guys had to change it that way though... I mean the names were OK, but they really didn't fit TBT anyways!

Bacon Boy said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Bacon Boy said:
stormcommander said:
TwilightKing said:

But it was said that when the Mona Lisa was made, they didn't rename it because they were worried there might be another one.
Stop comparing a skin to art. While it can be considered art, there's a difference.

We have certain expectations of a skin, and if they don't meet what we need a forum needs, we do something about it. Storm contacted SL, and SL gave Storm permission to modify the CSS. We did so, and SL decided that he didn't want the skin on TBT anymore.

We aren't bashing Shadow_Link's work. We both appreciate the fact that we have members willing to dedicate themselves to helping us, but like we said, he volunteered. Would it be respectful to put it up even if he didn't want it up?

If he PMs me and tells me he'll want it back up if it has that name... I'll just put it up. It's not that much of a big deal. But that's my point, it wasn't a big deal... but people have to talk about these things and come to an agreement.

So SL made you took it down because he didn't like the name you gave it?

Okay then.... :-/

A tip for those who make announcements: Don't misspell words in the title otherwise it will distract people from the actual post "clarfications (clarifications)"

Back