• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Return of Villager Pics!

Bulbadragon

🌸☔🌈
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Froggy Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Peach (Fruit)
Pumpkin Cupcake
Wallopoid
Purple Bat Potion
Ghostly Preserves
Voodoo Doll
So I was checking the latest news on http://www.ac3dsblog.com/, and I was looking at the post that had the newest screenshots from the Japanese AC website. I saw one with a player in their house (I'm assuming) looking at a picture. There was a speech box, so I guess that's the animal's message on it. Below, you can see the picture. Are you excited these are returning?

oct18_12.jpg

[I didn't see a thread for this already, so I went ahead and made one.]

Attachments

• oct18_12.jpg
    oct18_12.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 31
I'm glad they decided to return them. It was always a nice challenge trying to get their pictures. :D

I honestly never really cared much for the villager's pictures. To me, it was too easy to get them and before I knew it, I had pictures all over my house. I know you don't have to display the pics in your house, but knowing that they were good for your HRA score, I felt like I had to. I literally had pictures on every table spot available... and even the floor, once I ran out of room, lol.

On the flipside, I barely had any villager pictures! o_O Guess I don't talk to the villagers as much as others do.

I only got one villager picture without a lot of effort. In my early AC days, playing WW, I had a town that I played for a year or maybe two. I had no idea what I was doing (I didn't even know how to fish xD), so I never really befriended the villagers to the extent of picture giving. I befriend a koala, Melba, I think? And then, after I figured out how to do everything on there, I befriended Angus. He gave me his picture after I pestered him with love letters xD. And once I got Rhonda the rhino's pic in like 2 weeks o_O... But other than that, I got no pictures... ;~;

I'm glad they are returning, though. I now know what one of my museum exhibits will be :D A whole room with pictures of all the animals that I made friends with!

I'm happy they're returned. But I hope they're more... trickier? challenging? to get. In WW I kept getting them and I had no idea what to do with them.

I wonder if you'll be able to hang them on the walls since that's a new feature, or if they'll just be propped up like they were in WW.

I wonder if you'll be able to hang them on the walls since that's a new feature, or if they'll just be propped up like they were in WW.
yeah i'm hoping we can do this too. If we couldn't it'd be a real shame

The first time I played Animal Crossing Wild World I barely managed to get even Apollo's picture. When I restarted the game I was getting pictures left and right. I don't even know how that worked. I always talk to villagers like crazy.

Being able to put the pictures on the wall would be soooo convenient. The pictures are nice but they take up so much space! I even get them from villagers I'm not super fond of but I just can't get rid of them. I feel like I'd hurt their feelings or something. xD

Oooh yay!!! :D It's not particularly difficult for me to get these but I do really like them!!! :D So glad they're back! I can't wait to collect my favourite villagers' pictures!!! :3

Yes! This was number one on my wish list for returning features for AC3DS. It adds so much more replay value to the game, making sure to spend that extra time talking with the villagers to get their photos. And I don't really know why everyone else says it was so easy. For me, in Wild World, it always took several weeks straight of daily activity to get one. Which made me cherish them even more!

I only got one villager picture without a lot of effort. In my early AC days, playing WW, I had a town that I played for a year or maybe two. I had no idea what I was doing (I didn't even know how to fish xD), so I never really befriended the villagers to the extent of picture giving. I befriend a koala, Melba, I think? And then, after I figured out how to do everything on there, I befriended Angus. He gave me his picture after I pestered him with love letters xD. And once I got Rhonda the rhino's pic in like 2 weeks o_O... But other than that, I got no pictures... ;~;

I'm glad they are returning, though. I now know what one of my museum exhibits will be :D A whole room with pictures of all the animals that I made friends with!
Melba is one of the best animals EVER, i got her picture before she moved out... :(

I LOVE the pictures, they are sooo cute.
And if I get them, animals can actually move out :').. I'll make a collection with all the animals who lived in my village.

I loved collecting pictures! On the DS I had EVERY pciture for EVERY villager I had in my town. Even if I didn't like that particular villager as much, I made him give me his picture and then let him go :D

I was really disappointed that they removed this feature from City Folk... this, and the fact that villagers kept saying always the same sentences (more than on the DS, IMHO) resulted in me not talking to them, at all.

When I saw the screenshot above, it really made my day :D

Back