Ribbot, Sprocket & Del make mechanical sounds when moving?

Underneath The Stars

거기 너 i fancy you
Bells
Tasty Cake
saw this stumbling across ribbot's wiki while i was looking at frogs (why's jeremiah mentioned to be specifically a bullfrog while others aren't, but that's for another conversation)

In New Horizons, his body has a metallic texture, reflecting light, and occasionally makes mechanical sounds when moving. This is the same as the other robotic villagers, Del and Sprocket.

uhhh... come again? can anyone share videos of this?

Would be cool if this is true, unfortunately I don't have any robot villagers on my island, otherwise I would have check it out. Would be nice if someone could confirm this.

I have Del on my island! I'm listening to him right now, unfortunately he mostly seems interested in doing silent stretches on the plaza. I certainly have never noticed it in the past, and also not while he was walking or being pushed just a moment ago...

Yeah I'm not sure about this. I had Sprocket for a while and never heard any robotic sounds.

This doesn't really sound... robotic?

Agreed. It didn't sound biological either, though, so I assume that these must be the sounds that were mentioned. :p

Wait, Del is a robot!?? I have his Amiibo and had him on my island for ages and I never knew hahaha

I knew that his design was inspired by some warship, but somehow never made the connection to him being a robot before this thread happened. He just became 10 times as cool to me haha

Wait, Del is a robot!?? I have his Amiibo and had him on my island for ages and I never knew hahaha

Yeah, its more obvious with his Japanese name "ヤマト" which translates to Yamato. His colouration and design is loosely based off the Japanese battleship of the same name.

I just recently found out myself that Del is based on a Japanese battleship. That explains the shape and markings on his head, and his metallic sheen which wasn't prominent in the other games. Ribbot and Sprocket also have a glossy texture against the sunlight.

Edit: typo

I just recently found out myself that Del is based on a Japanese battleship. That explains the shape and markings on his head, and his metallic sheen which wasn't prominent in the other games. Ribbot and Sprocket also have a glossy texture against the sunlight.

Edit: typo

I just thought he had rubbery skin 🤣

That's so cool though, I do see now the "spots" on his head look like square-shaped holes. I never heard him sound metallic before so I guess it's very faint, like when you walk with the shovel or the suit of armour.

I have Ribbot.

My most recent addition after giving Sylvia the boot. He's one of my favorites, for sure.

I also like the way his eyes blink on and off, like lightbulbs.

Sterling and Knox make metallic noises too, but you can only hear it when you pick them up with a cursor and move them around in the air on Harv's island.

I honestly used to think Del was based on that crocodile toy/game that used to be a thing, I only found out he's supposed to be a battleship a while ago when I was looking at his Wiki entry. I still like my idea better.

Back