• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

River Layout

Klainette

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Since there's pretty much going to be a lull in exciting information until release (or at least until BitBlock puts out some english videos) so I figured it wouldn't hurt starting a bit of an inane topic ;^.^

I came across this picture on ACC, but I don't have the actual source, I apologize. It seems to have all, or almost all, of the possible river layouts.

What layouts do you like? Which ones would you reset if you got?
EJwq8Tr.png

What's with the red X's?
:eek:

But 4th box, the bottom left one, I like all the river layouts from row 1-4

Second box, A1. In past games I liked when you have an island in your town, so two rivers. I don't see it now.. :(

Little split rivers and islands are not available anymore since you start with only 1 bridge now :(

I don't mind, but I wouldn't want the river to cut off and leave a teeny strip of land somewhere, that's a bit useless to me so a river somewhere in the middle would be good. But I'm not resetting so I have to pick wisely.

I love you..

Since there's pretty much going to be a lull in exciting information until release (or at least until BitBlock puts out some english videos) so I figured it wouldn't hurt starting a bit of an inane topic ;^.^

I came across this picture on ACC, but I don't have the actual source, I apologize. It seems to have all, or almost all, of the possible river layouts.

What layouts do you like? Which ones would you reset if you got?
EJwq8Tr.png

Oh no! I really wanted a little island :(

Theres so many I'd hate to have but I think my favourite would be either the first picture, B3 or the third picture B4

I think I like C4, D2, D3 and E3 from the bottom left group best. Similiar layouts from the bottom middle group would also be okay.

Nice! I'm gonna have to take time looking over this too see which ones I like!

I cut out all the maps which Major Joshy showed when picking his town, before I knew this guide existed so I could see some of the layouts because the map is a big thing for me :)
v5fh2p.png

His map is the first one, I like either that one or the bottom one

This is my favourite of all the things. Ever.

Though I already knew which rivers I wanted through browsing the internet for hours. xP I want A(1, 2 or 3) and D6 (both from 1st column) for my 2 towns, and one to be East facing and the other to be West.

Though I'll still be fussy with where Re-tail, Town hall and the tree are. Hopefully seeing 4 maps at a time will get me atleast one map I want on release day.

I like the C1's (both).

My requirements are:
1. river mouth on the south
2. tiniest possible bit of beach (with no ramps, so I can reach it just by swimming - my private beach LOL)
3. river dividing town in two almost equal parts

Also, I'd be very upset if town tree is too far from the center :( I consider it the heart of the town, so...

Yes, I know I'm picky :D I think I'll be resetting for the entire day XD

I really want it to be complex, no matter what. Even if it leave a small area, then it may be something special, or my mansion. I would totally hate to have a horizontal one. I never reset in AC and take the town I'm given.
Since we can see them this time I'll be a bit picky. I will still consider the place of shops and things when choosing so the river is another detail.

Anyway, nice thread, I was wondering a lot about the river and how it could be. This picture was welcome.

I don't really understand, do the ones with red cross on dem have been cut off from the game ?
And what's the meaning of the japanese signs and numbers ?

I don't really understand, do the ones with red cross on dem have been cut off from the game ?
And what's the meaning of the japanese signs and numbers ?

i'm not really sure, I'm thinking the x'd out ones are impossible to have because either they're too complicated or are duplicates?

I'll add in my two cents, anyway. Personally I'd like a river that's simple and unobtrusive, since I really don't use it too much and it doesn't need to take up more space than necessary. I really like 6D on the bottom-middle map because only a little part of the beach is split up, and it hardly has any turns. I'll probably reset a lot for one similar to that.

Back