• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Share Your Island Map

As a preface, I elected not to commit to any major terraforming, as I preferred the natural landscape of my island. I like working within those kinds of limitations, I guess, eheh. Ergo the general placement of the rivers and tiers are the work of the Day 1 island generation.

The only things I've used the terraforming feature for have been making minor adjustments (e.g. adding a tile or two of water/land here or there so an otherwise unbuildable bridge could be added) and to make a nice little manmade pond in the town centre.

EYhUvmCVAAAVCpT.jpeg

A few notes:
  • Villager roster currently 90% finalised; Shelly/Shari will be moving out before my epic quest of island-hopping to reunite with Apollo begins.
  • Once Apollo DOES move in, I've decided he'll be staying within the walls of my little personal castle (on the eastern wing, opposite of Lillian/Bunnie), and Kurobē/Ken (the northernmost villager) will be moved from his current position to an available spot on the first tier.
  • As Kurobē/Ken will be moving to a new location someday, the roads leading up to the northeastern corner of the map are more or less provisional. Once Apollo joins the team and villagers are shifted around, the roadwork in the north will change accordingly.
  • Sometime in the early summer, I plan on moving in a second human villager. I've decided neither the location of the house nor the function of the building, however this will of course reflect in the map someday, so it's worth mentioning.
  • Naturally, all of this is a work in progress! I'm considering some minor adjustments to the landscape and road placement, however I'm not exactly rushing towards their implementation, as Atsumori/ACNH is most certainly a "long burn" game -- and I prefer to let ideas come to me over time. :)
If you happened to see my island map while scrolling through this thread and read this post, thank you for reading, and have a nice day!

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to muster the courage to re-do the incline by my museum because I put just one in the middle, which is so painfully off center to the door (why, Nintendo?!!). And now I'm considering doing one incline on each side, like most people have done. But it will mean demolishing an incline and a bridge and also transferring a bunch of flowers. I don't know. I'm also in the process of Amiibo-ing Stitches to replace Punchy (or Marina). :)

map.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 232473
My map so far. I wanted the Resident Service Centre and Airport near each other.

I couldn't think of a name for my island....
i have this map, but with a blue airport, one of these days i will get around to showing what i've done with it, but it was the first one and i picked it deliberately for the location of the airport/RS... i love it.

map2.jpg

here's my map! i quite like it :blush: i reset for about an hour and almost settled for a different one, but i ended up getting this one! the only thing i wanted besides a good layout was fruit that wasn't pears haha, this map gave me cherries!

acnhmap.jpg

• i got rid of the upper river and left a 3rd level pond in the middle instead(B4)
  • kept the river on the left from the 3rd tier down to the mouth in the south
  • in between the pond and the upper river i have a fenced in hybrid breeding setup
  • there is a waterfall going down to the secret beach(it can be accessed via the western beach)
  • there's a waterfall sorta like niagara falls from the 3rd tier behind the museum and a series of small cascades going down to the right of it
  • D/E2 is my orchard
  • E5 is my hardwood forest
  • you can see my main garden to the right of the villager houses
  • behind RS/nooks/ables there's a walled tea garden
  • directly in front of the museum is a where i placed some of the bugs/fish/small fossils in a pond.
i'm a little ocd about organizing, just a little lol

I see many of these terraformed islands and when I look at mine, I feel like I don't have enough room to put anything else on my island, and I'm being very strict about how much space I'm using.

Isle Xane, Update 2
mapv2.jpg

(Map last updated May 23rd, not today)​

At first glance, not much has changed on Isle Xane since last time, but look closely and the changes become obvious. The main one is that a lot of the villagers temporarily on the beach now have proper homes:
  • Cube and Klaus live near the museum, which in itself was moved to the raised area at the upper-right corner of the island. Now they have easy access to knowledge of past fossils, fish, bugs, and art. (Klaus, though...let's just pretend he can actually jump over the small streams.)​
  • Drake was moved to the small grassy area to the right of the X-shaped river (now named the Xane River). This is so his lot makes use of that tricky triangle-shaped land, and it positions him right beside my house, representing how he was my favorite in my old Wild World town.​
  • The three houses on the main "street" were replaced with two, properly-sized lots for Bob and Chadder. I thought those two deserved better house locations, so both have quicker access to the plaza now.​
  • Like Drake, Gabi was placed to the left of my house, on a small raised cliff. This is so her house is visible from my yard, and to represent how she's my new favorite on Isle Xane. She's cute and nice! I mean, I'm talking full-on piano farm cute, boop! (I still find that funny. What an unexpectedly good line from the game with dumbed-down conversations...)​
  • Mary (the cute girl seen in my profile picture) has moved into the rather plain forest area at the center of the island. This puts her near another cutie, Gabi, and gives her enough room to let lots of flowers bloom around her house (stopped by invisible patterns, of course).​
Another update is that Marina now lives on the island, and will eventually be paced below drake, taking up the lower-right corner of the Xane River. Also, the museum area has a proper location now, up on the upper-right cliff. It has water coming down both sides that can be jumped over, and a turtle-like fossil in front of it. Hopefully Blathers approves of the more impressive entrance compared to the rather plain beach it was on previously.

Lastly, if you wonder why there are random small paths around ponds and the like, those are there to keep flowers from spreading like wildfire across the island slowly every time it rains. I hope you enjoyed this update! (I probably should create an island journal for this, shouldn't I?)

EY-UET9UwAEh5MV.jpeg

This is where I'm at so far! I really only have one section in the north west corner that hasn't been defined yet... but I'm eagerly awaiting game updates to keep evolving my island :love: Crossing my fingers for vegetables lol

View attachment 265990

This is where I'm at so far! I really only have one section in the north west corner that hasn't been defined yet... but I'm eagerly awaiting game updates to keep evolving my island :love: Crossing my fingers for vegetables lol

your island looks so interesting, wow! the pathwork, all the unique terraforms in the layout, eclectic cast of villagers, etc! if you ever decide to do a tour, i'd love to visit :D

your island looks so interesting, wow! the pathwork, all the unique terraforms in the layout, eclectic cast of villagers, etc! if you ever decide to do a tour, i'd love to visit :D
Aw, thank you! For now, I'm really trying to experience the game for what it is. So I've only invited two character using Amiibo and done almost not terraforming 😮 It's been fun to kind of problem solve using the natural landscape that RNG gave me lol

Back