• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Short or Tall Character?

Dimension Witch

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
ど
Cake
Which one do you like better? I like both, the short is cute but I don't like wearing a dress forever (girl character)
And the tall is cool but I kinda got used to the shortness xP

Yeah, I like the short ones, but obviously the taller ones have unlocked so much more possibilities with designs and outfits. I was unsure if I liked the tall characters when it was first revealed, but now I think they've really grown on me and I'm going to enjoy playing as one :)

I like the tall characters. I'm more used to them now and I no longer like the short characters.

I prefer the taller characters, since they tend to showcase their clothes more visibly than short ones would.

I agree that short had it's charm but the charm of new wardrobe options, shoes, leggings, skirts or dresses or pants for girl characters is worth the lengthening. Just think of it as your little chibi character's all grown up :3

Even though I haven't played Animal Crossing New Leaf yet...
I think i really still prefer the old fashioned small characters. We were still able to change our shoes to some extent, but still... they just bring back the memories and that 'Animal Crossing feel' to the game. :)

I personally never was a fan of the short. It always sort of bugged me how limited your customization was. I love the new tall characters for customization and the difference in height between them and the villagers.

I prefer the tall characters simply because that means we can start purchasing new clothing accessories! :3 Details, details. Not only that, but I was always just a bigger fan of taller avatars / in-game characters. Although, the shorter ones are definitely cute & I was happy to begin with (talking about my AC: PG Gamecube days). ^ u ^

I much prefer the short characters. The original characters are what I see Animal Crossing as, and I feel that the New Leaf characters stray too far from that design. It's cool that they're changing the game up, but the character design is one thing I would have liked to stay the same.

I love the new character design.
At first, I thought it was a little weird, but now I can't look back!

I definitely prefer the tall character models. The clothing designs look a lot better and don't seem anywhere near as stretched out or warped as they had a tendency to look on the short character models.
Also, I like all the clothing options that become possible with the taller characters.
And with the taller characters comes a more drastic difference in the height of animals, which I really enjoy :3

Tall.

Clothing design is one of my favorite aspects of the game and there are much more possibilities now. I actually really dislike the short characters now that I have seen the taller ones.

Just from watching gameplay videos I much prefer the taller characters. It allows for more customization too which is a big plus.

When I watch videos of the older games now the short characters look more awkward and stubby than they used to.

Tall

Pudgy was fine on the Cube because of the hat but since WW when they added headgear and accessories, short has looked off.

Now, for the love of God, Nintendo, make "Make-up" mean more than just a Mii mask and make it skin color as well. I know it's not in New Leaf but it needs to be that in future versions

Tall

Now, for the love of God, Nintendo, make "Make-up" mean more than just a Mii mask and make it skin color as well. I know it's not in New Leaf but it needs to be that in future versions

Yes it absolutely does. I'm sick of "white" being the only option.

I agree with you! I like the cute short characters, but wearing a dress all the time is a little boring! But after playing with short characters for so long, the tall ones seem a little awkward!

When I first saw the tall characters, I thought they looked really awkward. I was flipping out, actually.
"WHAT DID THEY DO THEY RUINED THE DESIGN NOOOOOOOO."
But, I think they've started to grow on me. I really like them now. c:
From seeing screenshots and gameplay videos, I've started to get more used to them. When I picked up my copy of Wild World, the short ones looked so out of place... xD​

Back