• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Short stories.

Badger

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
<big>Old leaves from the park</big>

Walking upon the grass in the park has always been a bit relaxing for me, like watching children play or listen to women gossip. It feels real.
There's always been an old green bench by the willow, near the playground, perfect for mothers when they're worried and for perverts when they're bored.
Though nobody does sit there because I do, and most of the times I'm sitting there guarding my throne from intruders. The bench makes me feel relaxed, it maked the wind blow on my rotten face, and I know nobody will ever dare to move me or sit there. I might be old but I'm also clever and cruel. I will never stand something odd and not common to my beautiful background.

As I sit on my green bench something stands out from normality.
Blinded by the multiple colors on each of the men's uniform, a croud appears out of nowhere sorrounding each man and its deformities. They're not like us, not at all.
Why have they no horns and no tails? Why is their clothing so peculiar and so bright? Why is their color so amusing to our people?

Despite my worries I approach to my fellowers sorrounding -as I said- these odd specimens. I look around only to see that every kid's face is covered in joy and women are no longer worried, but men, men are gone, they had ran away. One of them speaks but we cannot understand them and yet my people nod in apprehension like they got every word of it. "...got...en...it...gu...As...we..fro.." What are they saying? Why am I the only one wondering about it?

I come even closer to one of the outsiders and notice a strange tool he was carrying. He takes it out once I point at it. He shows me then, pointing at a child how deadly it is.
I can't hold it in any longer and I scream and shout over my fellowers, over their heads and over their shoulders. A kid has died, can't you see that? Are you so blinded by their colors that you can't see the tragedy among us?

I scream and scream, but even if I wanted to I know they will never listen.
Because I'm a ghost and that's what I'll always be.
I just stand there.
Screaming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's what I got so far >_<

>:D BUAJAJJAJAJAJA
DEAD CHILDREN!
>:DDDDDDD
Really good... quite creepy, but deep... APROOVEDDDDD!

Kind of the Among the Hidden series by Haddix.

Chapter 1 said:
I hate the sight of a grown woman cry, but alas I have. Revenge, that is what I must get on the murderous feind that killed my father. "Jack I need you to go to the store and pick up some milk. " Said my mother. I replied "Okay, may I pick up some cocoa ingredients, I plan to make some hot chocolate. I'm going to need it, at least during this cold harsh winter." Then I thought, It has been a year, since by father's murder. I must find out who mudered him at once, or I will lye in shame for the rest of my life. Quickly, I grabbed my coat, and walked out the door.

Note: I thought this up in like 10 minutes, there was no planning what so ever.

We're allowed to post short stories too, right?

AverageSean said:
We're allowed to post short stories too, right?
Yeah, sure ;3

Edit: Feel free to post your own short stories and please do not stop posting comments on previous stories.
;9

Back