• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Signs that you have been playing too much Animal Crossing...

MitsuMarshmallow

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
Cake
This thread is dedicated to those moments where you reflect back at the amount of time you've spent playing on New Leaf and notice how your divide between 'Reality' and life within your lovely Animal Crossing town seems to be diminishing.

For example - This week I visited my local park with my boyfriend. Whenever a bug or fly approached us we both felt the need to try and catch it in our non-existent bug catching nets! Needless to say, I find it hilarious when it happens. Yet also I feel kind of guilty for being so mentally involved in a game that I feel the need to catch bugs at my nearby park!​

I'm sure I could add a lot more examples to this thread over time and I'd love to hear if any of you have had similar experiences!

I forgot to shower one day because I was too busy playing the entire day.. LOL!

You're lucky your boyfriend plays animal crossing-- I went to the park with my boyfriend the other day too, and AC-related things kept coming up and he's like "Not again!!" xD

I was on my walk, and I went down to the river and I think my mind was telling me to go fishing because I have no idea why I went down there. ;-;

It was funny too because there was a lot of fish at the moment too, should have brought my real life fishing rod. D:

In one day, your activity log documents 15 hours of gameplay, and the pedometer documents 5 steps...

I forgot to shower one day because I was too busy playing the entire day.. LOL!

You're lucky your boyfriend plays animal crossing-- I went to the park with my boyfriend the other day too, and AC-related things kept coming up and he's like "Not again!!" xD

Ahaha! I've never forgotten my hygiene - yet ;P
And sadly he steals my game to play it! I've convinced him to join the Animal Crossing world himself though so he will be purchasing a 3DS in early July!

Hahaha! I do the bug thing!! I was cutting grass the other day and saw a huge dragonfly, and I was like "Ooo, catch it!!" LOL

I have almost no memories of doing anything else except playing Animal Crossing this and last week. Been very addicted. >.>

Oh.. Reese's voice keeps ringing in my head. That's a sign that I've done way too much selling.

Oh.. Reese's voice keeps ringing in my head. That's a sign that I've done way too much selling.

Ah that reminds me I keep hearing the game out of the game. I was in my room reading and I kept hearing the music from 7 p.m and the opening of doors and was like wut.

lol, the bug thing happened to me too!
Usually I don't like bugs but when I was walking home the other day a dragonfly hovered in front of me and I thought to myself, "Damn, where is my BUG NET"
Jahahahaha!!!

Well, Flo just told me that I've been partying too hard and had bags under my eyes... and I've been staying up later than normal lately. lol

I was playing LoZ: SS I I was using the bug net.

Then I forgot I wasn't playing Animal Crossing. xD
tumblr_mnuhab5Q6B1qd4o91o1_1280.png

This thread is dedicated to those moments where you reflect back at the amount of time you've spent playing on New Leaf and notice how your divide between 'Reality' and life within your lovely Animal Crossing town seems to be diminishing.

For example - This week I visited my local park with my boyfriend. Whenever a bug or fly approached us we both felt the need to try and catch it in our non-existent bug catching nets! Needless to say, I find it hilarious when it happens. Yet also I feel kind of guilty for being so mentally involved in a game that I feel the need to catch bugs at my nearby park!​

I'm sure I could add a lot more examples to this thread over time and I'd love to hear if any of you have had similar experiences!

Ok, YES. Just yesterday I saw a yellow (what they call a common butterfly in the game) sitting in the passenger side of my boyfriend's truck before we took off, (I NEVER SEE BUTTERFLIES) my reaction was embarassing. I said OMG a butterfly and almost opened the door (feeling I had to hurry and catch it). Then thankfully before making even more of an idiot of myself, I calmly sat back just staring at the butterfly. My boyfriend was a little confused by that.

Last edited:
Back