• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Sketchbook Tag

Nate

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I was invited to a a recently new forum that changed their name, so I made a tag for it.

sketchbookbanner.png

oh, ignore the spelling error please.

CnC and god will give you lots of love. <3

Oh, and to the the similar one with the old name, here it is:

improvegfxbanner1.png

UltraByte said:
....you spelled Sketchbook wrong in the sig... unless that's how they spell it. D:
el oh el i just realized that. ignore it, and cnc it. : D

I hate this version, and Gimp crashed before I could save the xcf. >.>

xcf files, unlike jpgs, allow you to edit the picture with layers intact, you can't use the xcf files to display pictures, but you can edit them and save them as a jpg file

TheGremp said:
xcf files, unlike jpgs, allow you to edit the picture with layers intact, you can't use the xcf files to display pictures, but you can edit them and save them as a jpg file
jpg? You mean png. pngs are higher quality.

TheGremp said:
I use jpg lol maybe I should try pngs...
They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I used to be strongly anti-jpg, but now I use them a lot more because they take a shorter time to load (smaller file size)... but it depends what quality you save them as. They can actually still keep a lot of quality... but then it would just be a longer load still.

Awesome Job Fly! I really love your style.

:) And for the PNG vs JPG thing, PawNaGe! I think PNG is the best format for sigs. True, Jpegs have sometimes smaller sizes, but the overall quality and native transparency in PNG make PNG my format of choice!

:p

The only time I ever use PNG is when I need lossless transparancy, otherwise a 80% quality JPeg looks just as good and is less than half the size.

Back