• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

So I got “scammed” and here’s a tip on how to avoid it in the future

I may not like your rates, but I have no right to get angry over it. Your stuff is your stuff and you do with it what you please- it takes 0 cents to move on if I don’t like it. So it’s kind of a ridiculous reason to scam someone.

I may not like your rates, but I have no right to get angry over it. Your stuff is your stuff and you do with it what you please- it takes 0 cents to move on if I don’t like it. So it’s kind of a ridiculous reason to scam someone.

exactly! I’m totally fine if someone counters or walks away but they literally accepted it so the foundation of their argument is so completely invalidated.

After reading that interaction, they clearly felt so smart about what they were doing, but it really just came off really dumb.

I will say that current rates in general for anything in this game are a bit ridiculous, but if people are willing to keep paying what can be done? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Scamming people won’t change that and it isn’t any one person’s fault. Honestly it just seems like they wanted to feel validation for what they did, as opposed to it making any actual sense.

I will say that current rates in general for anything in this game are a bit ridiculous, but if people are willing to keep paying what can be done? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Scamming people won’t change that and it isn’t any one person’s fault. Honestly it just seems like they wanted to feel validation for what they did, as opposed to it making any actual sense.

yeah, it does seem that NMTs are depreciating, but with the new duplication glitch they may go back up in the near future. Hopefully not. But yeah, they wasted a bunch of my time and energy just so they could have a “motive” for their crimes. In the discord chat they thought they were super smart but they just come off as extremely immature.

The real moral is def only 1 person in your town at a time... I have seen so many 'friend' nightmare stories now to trust having more than 1 person in my town now. Its also the fear of not having rating systems, I'm glad she banned and you got so confrontational over it or she may do this to more people.

I think a big part of why people are paying a lot more for things this game is because in my opinion while it's generally harder to get specific items, it's pretty easy to earn bells. There are only a few furniture items and DIYs available each day. 5 furniture in an upgraded shop plus 2 from trees, and 1 recipe on the beach plus 3 from villagers if you're lucky (balloon recipes are always seasonal in my experience) unless you use NMTs for a chance at 1 more furniture and recipe per ticket. Combine that with the fact that most noncraftable furniture has multiple variants that are cataloged separately, and you have an economy where unless you want to spend weeks grinding items to get full sets of whatever you're looking for, you need to rely on other users. Meanwhile, I was able to pay off all my loans immediately except for the final one just by farming butterflies and hot items. Hot items are awesome! If you gather all your available materials every day you'll wind up with a ton, and then if you get lucky with your hot item you can just keep crafting and selling them for tons of cash! I usually pay off all my bridges and stairs just by selling hot items.

Here's a breakdown of just how profitable hot items are:
Every craftable item sells for 2x the price of its raw materials. (NOTE: craftable items made with other craftable items don't stack this multiplier, so something like the wooden-block table will only sell for 2x the price of 11 softwood rather than 2x the price of 8 softwood and a wooden-block toy.)
Selling a hot item multiplies this by 2x again, so 4x the raw material price.
- For wood (any type), each piece is worth 240 bells when used to craft a hot item. This adds up to 7200 bells for a stack of 30.
- For stone, each piece is worth 300 bells when used to craft a hot item. This adds up to 9000 bells for a stack of 30.
- For iron, each piece is 1500 bells when used to craft a hot item. This adds up to a whopping 45000 bells for a stack of 30.
And when you hoard all your materials, it all adds up fast.

I think a big part of why people are paying a lot more for things this game is because in my opinion while it's generally harder to get specific items, it's pretty easy to earn bells. There are only a few furniture items and DIYs available each day. 5 furniture in an upgraded shop plus 2 from trees, and 1 recipe on the beach plus 3 from villagers if you're lucky (balloon recipes are always seasonal in my experience) unless you use NMTs for a chance at 1 more furniture and recipe per ticket. Combine that with the fact that most noncraftable furniture has multiple variants that are cataloged separately, and you have an economy where unless you want to spend weeks grinding items to get full sets of whatever you're looking for, you need to rely on other users. Meanwhile, I was able to pay off all my loans immediately except for the final one just by farming butterflies and hot items. Hot items are awesome! If you gather all your available materials every day you'll wind up with a ton, and then if you get lucky with your hot item you can just keep crafting and selling them for tons of cash! I usually pay off all my bridges and stairs just by selling hot items.

Every craftable item sells for 2x the price of its raw materials. (NOTE: craftable items made with other craftable items don't stack this multiplier, so something like the wooden-block table will only sell for 2x the price of 11 softwood rather than 2x the price of 8 softwood and a wooden-block toy.)
- For wood (any type), each piece is worth 240 bells when used to craft a hot item. This adds up to 7200 bells for a stack of 30.
- For stone, each piece is worth 300 bells when used to craft a hot item. This adds up to 9000 bells for a stack of 30.
- For iron, each piece is 1500 bells when used to craft a hot item. This adds up to a whopping 45000 bells for a stack of 30.

I think that’s a pretty good point. I personally have not used the hot item system that much but I’ve seen how profitable it can be. I’ve earned about 20M off turnips, so accumulating bells quickly isn’t actually *that* difficult imo. I also think you raise an good point with the rarity of certain furniture items and DIYs themselves. As for the kk slider songs, you can only get 8 each week, and that’s if each one is new, so it would take about 12 weeks of perfect luck to get them all yourself.

Meanwhile, here I was broke for pretty much the whole time I’ve been playing 😂 I only just made my first millions and I still haven’t paid off my loans.

I’ll have to start doing hot items~ tbh I only did them once or twice when I first started playing.

I understand the difficulty of getting certain things and I also think that the whole aspect of relying on others is what people take advantage of when pricing things. They know you want it, they know you can’t get it, so pay 129484894 NMT for it. Lol. But that’s just my opinion of the general workings of things~ I’m all for people making a profit and if that’s the price things are going for and someone is willing to pay it, then by all means, do your thing.

Last edited:
Back