• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

So I've definitely gotten tan

insaneluzer

Nooklings Shopaholic
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Orange (Fruit)
Pokéball
Pear (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Cake
...on New Leaf, that is! xD Is this a feature during the summer? I think I've read that it only happens during the summer and when you go to the island... Is there anyway I can keep from getting any tanner, though? Mayor Jessica's favorite color is yellow, doesn't look too good on a very tan skintone... ^^'

Cottonball: Haha! I was playing on international Club Tortimer earlier, and I think I saw a girl with the skintone you're talking about! Quite funny, though I bet not for her! ;)

I wish they would just let us choose skin color. I hate my character not looking like me all the time.

I've been wearing the straw hat (sold at the island shop) and haven't gotten tan yet. I think any hat or helmet that covers most of the face should be fine- don't take my word for it, though. This is just my speculation.

Amusingly enough, I play during the day and haven't gotten tan.

This might have to do with me staying on the island all night.

Here is a list of hats and masks that prevent you from tanning. And yes, tanning should only occur during the summer - no clue if playing on the island will still cause you to tan, however.

Ah, I see! I think I'll switch back to my ~Link style~ before I head out to do my daily gardening chores tomorrow! I'm glad the Link hat was on that list. Thanks for posting that Bones!

I want my character to tan a little bit and I've been wondering why I haven't been getting tan... but now I know it's because all the hats I've been wearing have been preventing it, haha.

Ack! I forgot when you do tours on the island, most of them make it daytime. Now my character is at about a level 4 tan. :( I want to go back a few shades already! Oh well, I was thinking of time traveling today anyway... lol.

Yeah, playing under the sun gets u tanned..besides carrying an umbrella, u can also wear face mask while u are playing during daytime. Anything that covers the face will work I think. I personally find holding umbrella troublesome and it occupies one slot in the bag.

Back