• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

So I've definitely gotten tan

This pleases me because I want to tan. My character is slightly tanned now.

This is a list of items that stops you from tanning, I don't know if it's all of the items but it's a big list:

Blue Cap Actress Hat Fencing Mask
Blue Ogre Mask Top Hat Frankenstein Mask
Red Cap White Cap Racing Helmet
Red Ogre Mask White Team Hat Wrestling Mask
Red Team Hat Diving Mask Veil
Baby's Hat Sombrero Witch's Hat
Asian Hat Explorer's Hat Dressing
Space Helmet Grandpa Hat Light Blue Cap
Football Helmet Tulip Hat Midna's Mask
Safety Helmet Tyrolean Hat Green Cap
Yellow Pumpkin Head School Commute Hat Straw Hat
Elegant Hat King Tut Mask Insect Helmet
Lil' Bro's Hat Knight's Helmet Majora's Mask
Big Bro's Hat Outback Hat Purple Cap
Ghost Helmet Felt Hat Detective Hat
Student Cap Blue New Year Hat Ski Mask
Pumpkin Head Red New Year Hat Puffy Hat
Cool Hat Yellow New Year Hat Motocross Helmet
Yellow Cap Green New Year Hat Baseball Helmet
Pilot Hat Birthday Hat Hero's Cap
Dandy Hat Purple Pumpkin Head Red Pumpkin Head
Catcher's Mask Delivery Person Hat Retro Helmet
Captain's Hat Leaf Mask Roman Helmet
Green Pumpkin Head Samus Mask Work Cap
1-Up Cap Balloon Hat Wario Hat
Stagehand Mask Hunter's Cap Gas Mask
Cloche Hat Paperboy Cap Cucumber Pack
Police Cap Blue Zap Helmet Pack
Traditional Hat Green Zap Helmet Clown Mask
Lion Dance Helmet Red Zap Helmet Venetian Mask
Cavalier Hat Pink Zap Helmet Hockey Mask
Fireman's Hat Star Cap Lemon Pack
Jockey Helmet Fay Mask All 36 umbrellas

Onvm, someone already linked to a page. xD

Guys, hats. Wear them to avoid tanning. There is a list somewhere online that says which ones exactly, but yeah. An umbrella would be a little hard with island activities.

In the GameCube game it was in the summer or on the island unless you held an umbrella. Maybe it's the same.

I accidentally got very tan and didn't know why, since I always had an umbrella out. It turns out that when you play mini games on the island, the sunlight during the games contributes to the tan. You have to wear a hat when you go to the island if you want to prevent a tan. The good thing is that it should only take 2-3 days for you to see the tan fading. Hats do prevent and help fade tans, and the island seems to tan you no matter what season.

I haven't gotten a tan yet, though I'd like to. c: Not the darkest though. Wouldn't go very well with my character's pink hair. xD

I'm someone with a skin white like snow, and I have freckles. I'd love to keep my character as close as I can to who I am in real life. So these lists are going to help me a lot, thanks! And besides, do you tan when you swim? It would look stupid to dive with a hat!

5+ Hours.
I want one too so I can go up to people and be like, "Hey I'm black." 8D

I stood in the sun (island) for hours yesterday while I napped. My character only tanned slightly when the game reset/started a new day at 6am, maybe level one. I don't think you can tan to something quite dark like level 5 in a day, it's done in increments which kinda sucks for us who want to be brown like we are irl but I get why.

If its like ACWW then any hat that has a 'shade' or 'bill' works. also visiting the island at night works. just avoid daylight tours. heh heh

i have been trying to get a tan its just not happening lol, i have my person just standing outside at the beach as we speak

You should try leaving your 3Ds on but closed and have the charger plugged in while your in bed at night. Leave your character standing outside in the sun, then when you wake up they should be tanned. Because it takes over five hours to get the darkest one. :p

You should try leaving your 3Ds on but closed and have the charger plugged in while your in bed at night. Leave your character standing outside in the sun, then when you wake up they should be tanned. Because it takes over five hours to get the darkest one. :p

damnit so it shouldnt be closed -.-

Yeah, playing under the sun gets u tanned..besides carrying an umbrella, u can also wear face mask while u are playing during daytime. Anything that covers the face will work I think. I personally find holding umbrella troublesome and it occupies one slot in the bag.

Not if you just use a design as an umbrella.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If it is night though, then it will be night in the game as well unless you TT. So you couldn't during bedtime. Maybe just during the day at some point when you're able.

How do you even tan I've tried standing w/o hats/accesories and pretty much anything else in the island and have not tanned one bit, tbh I just want to tan till it reaches my skintone :/

Back