• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Some advice to choose the map of village

Okay, I'm honestly confused about the vertical/horizontal waterfall here, sorry. What's a horizontal waterfall?

takiyoko.jpg
taki.jpg

See? I really dont like the waterfall like that.

I've always accepted the town I was given. I will probably choose one that have some "disadvantage".

Thanks for these tips! I'm going to try and get town hall, the town square (town tree area), and the Main Street entrance relatively close to each other.

I'm not that fussy about all the things that you mentioned but thanks anyway.

Thank you for the tips! I've found them to be quite helpful. :)
I was originally planning to have my town tree/event plaza somewhere in the top corners, but I do agree that the map looks much more balanced with it near the middle. I hope I can get a nice set of maps to choose from at the beginning.

I think I agree with it all, I just dislike the way it looks for some reason...

A tree in the dead center would be fine with me :p

First I have to say that these are not my advice, I just summarize some of them and also it is just for reference, but not suitable for everyone. It just depends on you.

View attachment 3573

Here is the point:

①The square(event plaza?) should be the midst in the whole village, cause it seems a good balance.

②The slope should be vertical, not horizontal, cause it is easy to reach the dock.

③The beach should not be cut to two parts.

④The waterfall should be vertical, not horizontal, to easy to see it well.

⑤The pond should be only one, cause it is very obstructive. (By the way, the Max is 5 ;))

⑥The recycle shop should be very close to the dock, to easy to sell the beetle caught from the island, and also, very close to your home to easy to sell the stock. (stock and beetle is the most important 2 ways to get rich, especially stock)

⑦The Town Hall should be close to the station, the square and your home.

⑧The river should be the 'S' type, cause the vertical length is enough long to fishing easily.

P.S This example map is not mine, my map is soooooo bad...

1. I agree why you say that, but I don't mind too, too much how the tree layout goes for me.

2. I like vertical slopes :3 it seems so much smaller than the other one.

3. Although a nice little beach does sound fine, a long beach makes it so much easier, although I really want to experiment what would happen if I put my diving suit on and try to go up the little waterfall.

4. I agree, horizontal waterfalls look awkward and blegh.

5. Agree with 5000% I need room for lampposts and bamboo.

6. I don't really care where Re-Tail is.

7. I prefer the town hall to be somewhere in the middle.

8. Any river is long enough to fish, there's another variation of this layout that splits the land a little more, I would like room on both sides.

To help people out, The forum for river layouts can be found here

I wish I'd read this before choosing my town layout today! My waterfall is at the Far East of the town and I can't really see it very well, and most of my river runs horizontally, making difficult to see fish thanks to the rolling log design. Re-tail is right in the tip left corner, too, so not in the best place! Ah well, I'll grow to love it! :)

here is my map

lol idk what I was thinking, my river looks like a 2

but what do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 421
here is my map

lol idk what I was thinking, my river looks like a 2

but what do you guys think?

I quite like your map despite the crowdedness of your facilities.
I imagine your Isabelle/Shizue is too bossy for most of your villagers and they've tried to move as far away as possible from the Town Hall. xD

These are some good things to look out for OP!

You can cycle through town layouts when you're first on the train to the village right? You don't have to reset a bunch of times?

I pretty much agree with what the OP said, although I would like my town hall in the far top (left or right) corner. I'm used to having it that way in City Folk so I kinda prefer it.

Wow, I'm going to be doing a /lot/ of resetting.

I want the town hall and coffee shop near my house as well as retail because I somethings need to be close to the house or I choose the map I'm highly enjoyable with then. Either or is fine with I really don't care about the places that till then.

I dunno, this seems a bit too min/maxing for me. I can understand why people would want their town as streamlined as possible though.

Back