• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Street lights

ThatACfan

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Well I got to thinking a bit, I do apologize if this is a re-post or if any one brought this up but anyway, When I was watching the animal crossing trailer again I noticed the lights weren't there in the other parts of the video so something came to mind. What if the lights are gained from a town fund like in city folk how you could get the fountain and such. Thoughts?

Possible, or maybe you could choose where it goes, like how Tortimer came around in GCN asking where to put a new bridge?

Maybe if you pay enough of the town fund for a street light,you go see the yellow poodle(or possibly the "eager secretary) that follows you around and then talk to her again at the spot you want the street light to be.Or it could just be a limit to how much street lights you place.

Btw, im gonna use these street light to make them look like city streets. (If patterns on floors return)

I think since YOU'RE mayor and YOU run the town, YOU should be able to ship in fruits and stuff so YOUR town goes YOUR way and looks the way YOU want!!! gr... I like animal crossing!

I think since YOU'RE mayor and YOU run the town, YOU should be able to ship in fruits and stuff so YOUR town goes YOUR way and looks the way YOU want!!! gr... I like animal crossing!
I couldn't agree with you more. :)

If they aren't fully placeable wherever we want them, I am not going to be happy.

You know, they implemented an outdoor furniture system in a AC game released nearly a decade ago called Doubutsu no Mori e+. The fact that they haven't even revisited it until now is very pathetic, and if they can't even get it right this time... =/

I'm sorry, but this is not rocket science... Nintendo better get it right this time.

I'm pretty sure they'd turn off at day time... Wouldn't be cool if this little dude went round and lit the lamps every night? Or even the villagers could do that... you could like, make a roster on when each villager did the job.

Yeah... That's never gonna happen.

Probably not, certainly is an interesting idea though.

Maybe you'll be able to grab them and turn them on like normal lamps do?

Oh yeah! Great idea! Maybe that was one of your jobs as mayor... Hey, your that guy on the chat I was just on! Hello! (im not cocoaa or lindsey)

I would really like them to make the town much darker at night as to make use of the street lights and add more realism to the game.
Then they could add a torch as an item. It is supposed to be a forest.

I would really like them to make the town much darker at night as to make use of the street lights and add more realism to the game.
It's a Nintendo game about a human in a forest filled with anthropomorphic animals. There's no realism. :p But it would be pretty cool.

That's a really nifty idea, actually. However, late night fishing and bug catching might be a little more difficult.

^ True, true...

when i played the game for the first time, I expected it to go dark at night, then I was all: Uh... o_O

ROFL! when i first played the game i didn't know it followed time & seasons... i guess that's one of the thing that made me love the game along with the tracks for every hour!.

Back