• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

'StreetPass Newcastle', UK hosts an Animal Crossing: New Leaf Launch Event

Probably the Game store in Newcastle decided to arrange it themselves, maybe your local shop would do it if there's a Streetpass group in the area and big enough demand. It's worth an ask, maybe I'll try my local store (weekday and weekend local store lol), they can only say no I guess!

Ahhhh Newcastle is 3 hours away in car from where i live (Coventry) Its right next to Birmingham... Oh gosh i hope i can persuade my dad to go on train D:

Well.... if we want a Streetpass event, let's organise one :) There's Streetpass groups in the UK - on Twitter there is @streetpassswuk for the south west and @streetpassUK and @dslondon for starters. Or we could just start another thread on here.... (goes off to start another thread on here).

I'm thinking of going from Hull.. Might take the train so I can play but might drive if train too costly/ inconvenient. I don't want to go that far to be on my own though. I'm quite shy. If anyone else in same boat wants to hang about with me at the launch then send me a pm or something. <<34 yr old female.

I have had about 3 streetpasses not including my kids ds's. And I'm pretty sure they were store demos!

I could get there but it will cost me quite a bit to get there... :/ can't they have one in Leeds :(

It would be good to organise one in Leeds. I know Fab Cafe do events sometimes, like for the launch of Ni No Kuni but I haven't heard anything. Maybe the Game store can be convinced into doing something

Just checked prices for the train. ?55 return from Hull! That's arriving 5 ish and heading home at just after 8. Sod that.

Not sure how much it would cost me in petrol but I'm not fond of driving so far and I can't stay over cos I have to be here on the Saturday.

Hey! <3

I'm from Streetpass Newcastle! The event isn't an official event, it's up in the North because our Streetpass group organised it, and Game very kindly offered to help us it's promotion and organisation as its our first big event :) if anyone is planning on coming along and has any questions, feel free to ask! :) I think other Streetpass groups around the country are planning to hold launch events too, although I'm not sure which :)

Even though I live in England I highly doubt I will be able to make it, they should do one in Manchester. Wait... If people have just got the game will the happy home acadmey be open for the event?

Even though I live in England I highly doubt I will be able to make it, they should do one in Manchester. Wait... If people have just got the game will the happy home acadmey be open for the event?

I was also wondering this... And after further investigation, the answer is no. :(

I was also wondering this... And after further investigation, the answer is no. :(

Sadly it won't for the launch event, but it'll still be a fun celebration - we're planning on lots of Sweet Day play amongst other things :) We meet fairly regularly so we can Streetpass for AC at the next meet after launch <3

Sadly it won't for the launch event, but it'll still be a fun celebration - we're planning on lots of Sweet Day play amongst other things :) We meet fairly regularly so we can Streetpass for AC at the next meet after launch <3

I live in Newcastle, so I'll definately be coming as long as something important doesn't come up! :)

Maybe for people in the North of England it would be best to arrange one in Leeds because its sort of central to most areas BUT I think it would be best to arrange it for when we all have the Happy Home Showcase :D

Back