• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Super Mario 64 Remake Suggestions (Part 13)

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
It's time to go over the last of the remake suggestions. In the past couple of entries, I was talking about how to make it harder and more complex while removing the more frustrating parts. I also went over how to make the graphics remakes. Now it's time for one more thing - Peach's Castle. It would be decent to make it slightly bigger, and a lot better to put in better graphics (like showing more of Toad Town beyond the area). But what this blog entry is really about is level relocations and unlock guides.

1. Bob-omb Battlefield - the room on the far left has a painting to Bob-omb Battlefield. You don't need any power stars to enter. No change is needed for this one, so score one for the original version.
  2. Whomp's Fortress - the room in the middle, but on the right side leads to Whomp's Fortress, which requires one star. The level lock is fine the way it is, but wherever Cool Cool Mountain's painting was, that's where Whomp's Fortress should be.
  3. Jolly Roger Bay - the room in the far right has the painting to Jolly Roger Bay. You need three stars to unlock the level. I'm okay with the three-star level lock, but this painting needs to be in the room Whomp's Fortress once was. Move the aquarium and lack of lighting as well.
  4. Cool Cool Mountain - the room in the middle, but on the left sidem leads to Cool Cool Mountain, which requires three stars to enter. It should be in the room Jolly Roger Bay once was, and this time, you need five stars to unlock the door to the room rather than 3.
  5. Big Boo's Haunt - the level you can reveal after punching a ghost is Big Boo's Haunt. The boos don't appear until you have 12 stars. It should be 8 stars instead of 12 stars. The wing cap tower still needs 10 stars to reveal.
  6. Haze Maze Cave - the level in the room with a bookcase and a black portal is Haze Maze Cave. It is only unlocked if you defeat Bowser for the first time. That is okay, but it should be moved to the wall where Shifting Sand Land was.
  7. Lethal Lava Land - the painting of the flame is on the center wall in the basement. The location is fine, but it should be blocked by a wall of fire until 16 stars are collected.
  8. Shifting Sand Land - the wall at the dead end on the left of the flame painting is where you can enter the level. You can even go there if you have just eight stars. This should be moved to the room the portal to Haze Maze Cave was, and have the portal direct you to Shifting Sand Land instead. The door should even have a 20-star level lock.
  9. Dire Dire Docks - behind the second star door is the blue wall that takes you to Dire Dire Docks. You need 30 stars to enter. I only think the bar should be dropped to 24 stars.
  10. Snowman's Land - original location was in the mirror room to the right. This should be moved to where Wet-Dry World was. Have Snowman's Land get a painting re-design as well.
  11. Wet-Dry World - original location was straight from the second floor entry. It should be moved to where Tall Tall Mountain was. There should be some aura wall you cannot even pass until 30 stars have been collected.
  12. Tall Tall Mountain - original location was behind the stairs in the second floor. It should be moved to the mirror room. The door to the mirror room should require 36 stars.
  13. Tiny-Huge Island - original location was on the left of the stairs, which has three halls. The room is fine wherever it is. However, the door shouldn't be opened until you have 42 stars.
  14. Tick-Tock Clock - once you have 50 stars, you can access the third floor. You can enter this level through the clock. The level lock should stay the same, with no relocation.
  15. Rainbow Ride - inside one of the small rooms (I can't exactly describe what the are. On the left, you have Wing Mario over rhe Rainbow, and on the right, you have this level. No relocation is needed, but there should be a level lock of 58 stars to remove the auras that block both levels. And let's add a few more steps to the high platforms.
  16. Bowser in the Dark World - the first star door requires 8 stars to get past. It should be 12 stars instead. No relocation is needed.
  17. Bowser in the Fire Sea - to unlock this, you need to complete the first mission in Dire Dire Docks. I like this idea, so no change necessary.
  18. Bowser in the Sky - to unlock this, you need 70 stars, and you have to get to the top of the castle through the inside. No change is necessary.

And that is just about it.

I think that the level locations needs to stay where they are to avoid confusion. Also, the number of stars required should be the same. Like I've said before, you don't want to change it too much unless you plan on making a new game out of it.

Back