• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Taylor Swift

the 1, exile, hoax, right where you left me, marjorie, coney island, gold rush, My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys, But Daddy I Love Him, loml, The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived, imgonnagetyouback, So High School, I Look in People's Windows, You're On Your Own Kid, Foolish One, All Too Well (10 Minute Version), Begin Again, and Call It What You Want. My favorites change constantly, but I guess these songs match my energy the best at the moment.
Waoh your taste is so good…

Parts of her fanbase are pretty concerning and as a public figure I have issues with her, but I enjoy some of her songs. Red and Midnights are my favorite of her albums and I listen to songs from them now and then. I wouldn't call myself a Swiftie though.

I'm a bit of a fan of her older music, but would rather not associate with her more "dedicated" fans... some people will absolutely defend her with all their lives and make her their entire personality and like. To each their own.

That being said I grew up with the album Speak Now so it's the one closest to my heart. My absolute favorite song of hers is Enchanted, I remember being so in love with the song as a kid and to this day I still really like it a lot. Very coincidentally when I got into Speak Now I was also very much into Owl City, and I literally only connected the dots a decade later when I learned Enchanted was for Owl City's Adam Young. No wonder I had such an affinity to that specific song. I watched the Eras Tour movie with a close friend and I started crying when she sang Enchanted. That song means a lot to me.

I also really liked Lover, the bubblegum aesthetic and cute songs drew me in! Paper Rings & Lover are a classic favorite. I remember listening to it on release day and was super happy!

I don't think I've listened to TTPD or any songs in it so far... maybe I will in the future when I feel like it. Surprisingly I don't think I've heard it even in passing, on tiktok or facebook or twitter or youtube shorts.

As a person I don't really follow her. My friends dislike TS for good reasons (ethical + environmental issues, as stated by other comments) and I think those are all valid and I agree with them. I'm just here to listen to her music from time to time but otherwise I'm not subscribed to her. Also the obsession with her love life is insane, I had to mute it on twitter because I really did not care 😭

I’m glad she endorsed Kamala last night! Her cat is also adorable. I heard she has one named Olivia Benson, like the Law & Order character. (But maybe some others.)

Another thing I have to give her credit for…her music is appropriate for all ages. I’m all for people owning their sexuality (especially women), but that’s only one part of attraction. We need to hear about other aspects of a relationship. I’m glad she does that, because young people don’t need all this pressure to act a certain way, or to be doing things at a certain age. You know what I mean?

She's annoying. Her music and her as a person. There used to be one song I liked but I don't anymore. I wish she would just go away quietly or fade into obscurity but unfortunately I see her name all over the place.

I'm a Swiftie. I used to be a hater before Reputation, but tbf I was a tween without my own opinion. People are so oddly weird about her.

My favorite albums are Lover, Midnights, Reputation and Evermore, Top 3 songs are Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince, Don't Blame Me and Lavender Haze. I think they are sonically very similiar, though I'm not educated enough to describe it myself. I don't dislike a single album though. Fearless, Red and Speak Now are the classics, Red is definitely the best work young Taylor did by a long shot.

The Tortured Poets Department made me very happy because Taylor choose to stick with what works for her. I'm so tired of short albums. With 31 songs there's a lot of variety and you can definitely tell this album is made by someone who took lessons from all their previous work instead of trying to be an amateur at a new thing. Different people like different things, but even as a hater I grew up with Taylor nevertheless and it's just nice to have an artist who remained genuine throughout. I do miss the Lover era though when she could just have a livestream of a little event and only fans would care about it. Now everybody cares about everything she does, it's exhausting.

I didn't mention Debut and Folklore yet... Debut I don't care about. I grew up with Fearless European Edition that took the best songs from Debut and they're fine, but I can't stand OG Fearless voice anymore and I'm not going back further when I can wait for her mature voice. Folklore I don't have strong opinions about truthfully. The songs are all good, but are they Evermore? No. Again I'm not a music person, but I think the difference between the two are the instruments. And I think August is the most Evermore-coded, which is why it's my favorite. But they're all good. I'm definitely glad she won AOTY with an album that had Epiphany on it, certainely the pandemic album.

Taylor being the first artist to win AOTY four times makes sense to me. Her albums are very strong in that she cares about all her songs deeply, even if she felt she had outgrown certain eras before she decided to rerecord them. I don't think there's a single other artist/band where I like 3 or more albums from them. I like all of Taylor's albums (that have an era dedicated to them ahem), that's why she's at the top of my stan list. Do I have a stan list though? No I'm too old. I will listen to any new Olivia Rodrigo, Chappell Roan, Sabrina Carpenter though. Selena too if she ever wants to release something again, Rare really surprised me with how good it is.

I definitely don't like the obsession with playing chart games though. Especially when signed CDs are being gatekept to the USA because those are the only records she cares about. Those records don't mean anything, like at all. Female-Only Billboard Top Ten, Billboard Top 14 filled out. With inflated numbers those things don't mean anything. But it's on Billboard to change them, Taylor is obviously chasing acclaim, I do miss the old Taylor who took her music off of Spotify to help smaller artists get paid. It's not like that person doesn't exist anymore or she's a bad person for holding back at her level of fame, but you just can't ignore the obvious problems forever.

I'm glad more people get the enjoy her music, especially considering how "cringey" she was considered ten years ago, but the fandom is filled with really awful people who only care about the acclaim she's getting and definitely don't care about the messages from Lover.

Back