• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

TBT conversion rate too high?

TBT conversion rate too high?

• Yes, it should be lowered!

Votes: 82 45.1%
  • No, I think it's fair the way it is!

Votes: 41 22.5%
  • Really don't care about it...

Votes: 59 32.4%

• Total voters
I never even noticed tags before this. Hmm...do all threads have them so messed up? lol *goes and checks everything ever*

Honestly, what do people on this site expect?

It's supply and demand. The more people that are competing for TBT sellers, the higher the prices go. And if someone is selling for more than another person, it doesn't take a genius to figure out which one that potential sellers are going to flock to.

And there's really nothing wrong with that. It's their choice if they want to risk more for what they want. They may get the business, but they're getting the business because they're willing to part with more for it. It's as simple as that.

If this was real money, I might be more concerned. But it's not. It's trading fake money for fake money. Imagine that.

Last edited:
Honestly, what do people on this site expect?

It's supply and demand. The more people that are competing for TBT sellers, the higher the prices go. And if someone is selling for more than another person, it doesn't take a genius to figure out which one that potential sellers are going to flock to.

And there's really nothing wrong with that. It's their choice if they want to risk more for what they want. They may get the business, but they're getting the business because they're willing to part with more for it. It's as simple as that.

If this was real money, I might be more concerned. But it's not. It's trading fake money for fake money. Imagine that.

actually if u think about it, its not really fake money. u have to invest time to generate money. in the case of btb, u have to invest time into posting. if u have a job, then ur turning ur time into "real" money. money is an abstract concept.

actually if u think about it, its not really fake money. u have to invest time to generate money. in the case of btb, u have to invest time into posting. if u have a job, then ur turning ur time into "real" money. money is an abstract concept.

Agreed. I don't like when people say it's not "real" money so get over it. On a gaming site, we're gonna sit around and judge the value of the "fake" money? Really? It's about the value of time, fun, energy, effort, skill, passion...who knows what else, but to say people should get over it because it doesn't have a value is annoying. Money is not the only thing of value in the world.

BTW, I agree the people buying set the value and there's nothing we can do about it but...venting and complaining make people feel better sometimes, even if they don't solve anything.

Agreed. I don't like when people say it's not "real" money so get over it. On a gaming site, we're gonna sit around and judge the value of the "fake" money? Really? It's about the value of time, fun, energy, effort, skill, passion...who knows what else, but to say people should get over it because it doesn't have a value is annoying. Money is not the only thing of value in the world.

BTW, I agree the people buying set the value and there's nothing we can do about it but...venting and complaining make people feel better sometimes, even if they don't solve anything.

Nowhere did I say or imply "get over it". I said it's not real money and it's not. What I was implying throughout my entire message, which I thought was pretty clear, is that it's a fake economy with fake money, but people are literally complaining about what some people choose to do with what they make/earn. And that I do not understand. I merely said I would be more concerned with this "problem" if it were real money and that's because it would affect a lot more people than just those who visit a forum, and it would also endanger things like people's actual living and what they can or cannot afford to support themselves. I consider this to pale in comparison and not really be worth this uproar it has turned into.

I hope that makes what I'm saying more clear. I don't really appreciate it when people put words into my mouth and blow what I say out of proportion.

Last edited:
I still think if we get enough people to only trade in the 1 million to 100 TBT price, we can get everyone to do the same.

I still think if we get enough people to only trade in the 1 million to 100 TBT price, we can get everyone to do the same.

Well, I don't think that would change anything. If everyone is buying BTB for 1 Million but one person is buying BTB for 5 million, obviously the people are going to sell to the person buying for more. And since the other buyers want to buy BTB too, they'll raise the amount they're willing to pay.

If this was real money, I might be more concerned. But it's not. It's trading fake money for fake money.

Before when the Pokemon X or Y digital download promo was around, I bought 4 codes from these forums with the 'fake' money and sold them on ebay and made around $120. And I know there are people selling e-shop credits for these 'fake' money on the forums via PMs. Soooo.... fake money... can turn into real money! :D

Pretty sure Hound00med is actually a mod on /r/AdoptMyVillager and they specifically cater lists to that specific website based off trends observed. Seems like they know what they're doing to me. If it was a huge problem wouldn't someone have made a bigger stink about it by now?

oh i wasn't talking about him.

Not gonna lie, if someone is giving me 10 mil ACNL bells, Im definitely willing to sell them my 100 tbt. Hell even 5 mil, Ill sell my tbt bells

Nowhere did I say or imply "get over it". I said it's not real money and it's not. What I was implying throughout my entire message, which I thought was pretty clear, is that it's a fake economy with fake money, but people are literally complaining about what some people choose to do with what they make/earn. And that I do not understand. I merely said I would be more concerned with this "problem" if it were real money and that's because it would affect a lot more people than just those who visit a forum, and it would also endanger things like people's actual living and what they can or cannot afford to support themselves. I consider this to pale in comparison and not really be worth this uproar it has turned into.

I hope that makes what I'm saying more clear. I don't really appreciate it when people put words into my mouth and blow what I say out of proportion.

I wasn't trying to speak for you, but it still does sound TO ME as if you're saying "it's not real money, so don't worry about it". Other people on these forums have said it too, so I wasn't specifically singling out your comment anyway. I'm sorry if it felt that way.

I see your point, of course, there are real problems with real money in the world and this doesn't compare. However, in the context of this site, I think those of us who care/complain/worry are aware it's not real money, but it's still important to us due to the time and effort we put into the site.

The TBT situation is a game in itself. People are buying and trading and posting comments...that's how you play the game. Then someone comes in and offers 10M bells for 100TBT and they change the whole game. Yes, they can do that. There's no rule that says they can't. But it does change the entire game drastically...and now everyone else has to figure out if they can even stay in the game at all. I think this discussion even is part of playing the game...people trying to figure out their next strategy, for example.

I just think it's hilarious that people actually still believe that people are obtaining AC bells by legitimate means nowadays. "Sure, lemme just drop 10 million bells that I got from beetle grinding." I had enough problems affording bells when the rate was 693k per 100, and I was grinding bugs every night.

I don't see how, as its entirely impossible.

Bug grinding has never been a stable source of revenue, and certainly not anything someone would do to work up on getting tens of millions of bells. Its something you do as a side thing if you need a few quick extra 300-500k-ish bells, or if you're just starting out. Its not comparable to anything like the stalk market, which can net you huge earnings super fast.

Honestly, the way I have GENUINELY earned my bells is from selling sets/items on these forums, selling villagers and from selling perfect fruit. A full locker (A,B and C) will give you 10m bells on premium.

But why work so hard when you can just dupe or use a powersave device? Yayyyy!

You don't need to dupe or powersave to earn 100mil bells. I earned that just by selling turnips. It's very easy to earn bells via turnips, if you have time to spend on the game of course. Duping is just the simplest way if you dupe crowns, but not everyone does that, some dupers (like myself) just dupe hybrids,bushes and items for myself and friends.

Back