• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

TBT conversion rate too high?

TBT conversion rate too high?

• Yes, it should be lowered!

Votes: 82 45.1%
  • No, I think it's fair the way it is!

Votes: 41 22.5%
  • Really don't care about it...

Votes: 59 32.4%

• Total voters
Yeah, and most sellers are wanting TBT right now. Not only is TBT easier to transfer, but the demand for it is so high right now because of collectibles. I keep seeing more and more sellers, selling villagers for TBT/items/art. I'm not willing to part with my TBT, I don't have any items to give and I don't have a tablet to draw on. So that means I either throw lots of ingame bells at someone's face, or I'm ****ed.

Question here is: When did ingame bells lose its value?! Is it because people were duping so much?! idk >.<

Yeah, and most sellers are wanting TBT right now. Not only is TBT easier to transfer, but the demand for it is so high right now because of collectibles. I keep seeing more and more sellers, selling villagers for TBT/items/art. I'm not willing to part with my TBT, I don't have any items to give and I don't have a tablet to draw on. So that means I either throw lots of ingame bells at someone's face, or I'm ****ed.

Question here is: When did ingame bells lose its value?! Is it because people were duping so much?! idk >.<

Like what Jas0n said, more people play the game, and more people that make a lot of money in-game join this site. Demand for TBT Bells is always high. It's inflation we should blame, demand-pull inflation it is. Don't blame it all on duping, even though it is a cheap way to make money in-game.

Like what Jas0n said, more people play the game, and more people that make a lot of money in-game join this site. Demand for TBT Bells is always high. It's inflation we should blame, demand-pull inflation it is. Don't blame it all on duping, even though it is a cheap way to make money in-game.

I never blamed it all on duping, I asked a question. It's not a "cheap" way to make money ingame, it's a cheating way to make money ingame.
Demand for TBT has never been this high and I've been here for months. The highest I ever saw TBT go for was 1.5M, and then it skyrocketed to 3M...4M...5M and so on. I can't quite pinpoint when it got crazy, but I believe it's after the pokeball came around.

I'm not complaining about the TBT value being so high per-se, I'm more complaining about the ingame currency apparently losing its value. To the newer people, it still has value, but to the people who have been playing since the game came out, it seems to have lost value quite a bit. Now I've been playing since it came out, and it still holds plenty of value to me. I don't dupe and have only managed to collect 40M over 3 failed attempts of making a town. All of this leads me to think that the people who don't value ingame bells is because they have loads of it, 100M-ish. Now either they were on the island a lot, to which the ingame bells have A LOT of value to them, as does my 40M to me. OR they got it by selling villagers, or duping. Either way I don't believe someone who keeps dropping 50M on villagers, got that much legitimately. You can hardly blame me for pointing the finger at duping as the culprit for the inflation. Once those duped bells are in the market, they affect everyone and they keep circulating.

After all that is said, of course ingame bells and TBT hold hands right now. The amount of disposable ingame bells someone has to exchange for TBT bells, has in my opinion a lot to do with how so many people managed to get that much in the first place. Naturally the value of ingame bells will go down as people play more, and legitimately get more bells. However, it didn't just gradually go down, it plummeted down as soon as duping became known.

Last edited:
I have 100M+ bells in my in game ABD and they're all legitimate. I've either earned them through various turnip spike threads, sold my TBT, or gone to the island to beetle hunt. I don't have an interest in getting TBT collectibles so I really have no use for forum currency other than the occasional trade for hybrids or unorderable items. The high conversion rate doesn't bother me - it's actually beneficial.

But I can see why it would bother other players/members. I wouldn't mind it going down if it meant more people could buy more TBT.

I think it's because of duping. If someone dupes crowns and uses the lazy camper exploit (or even just retail), it is wayyy easier to make 5 mil Bells than 100 BTB.

This

and

The way most people get TBTB is selling to new accounts that get 1k TBTB for making an account, earning TBTB is just so ridiculous, like 2 bells per post so you almost have to spam the forum all day to get anywhere (Hence the 300 posts per day and people having 5k post count after being on TBT for a couple of months)

This

and

The way most people get TBTB is selling to new accounts that get 1k TBTB for making an account, earning TBTB is just so ridiculous, like 2 bells per post so you almost have to spam the forum all day to get anywhere (Hence the 300 posts per day and people having 5k post count after being on TBT for a couple of months)

A lot of the post count is basement spam

I have very little in game AC money nor did I ever get the gold bell badge. I dropped tons of bells for friends' dream villagers and it takes forever. I never want to drop bells again. It is much easier to handle the tbt/btb. Even with the horrid TBT inflation I will stick to using them.

Inflation kids, get used to it, when you get a job you'll be ready for it!

When I first joined, 1-3mil was the going rate for both parties. I complained about the inflation then. Now it's just ridiculous. Getting TBT is harder than ever before without relying on a giveaway or your collectibles.
It's even harder if you have no/worthless collectibles.
Granted, it's good for people who want to trade TBT for in game bells. But for people who want to legitimately buy TBT with their 10-50mil, it's hell.

The richest will control the market where ever you go. It's part of life, so you may as well get used to it. TBT bells aren't exactly difficult to earn either, just like in-game bells, so nobody's really missing out.

I honestly couldn't care less about what the current exchange rate is. :)

The other problem with AC that's making the value of bells deflate is that people really don't need to buy much anymore. Need a PWP or some Gracie furniture? A trip or two the Island provides everything you'll need for that.

And most items are reorderables, so even if people want DLC's or to catalogue sets/other items, they can easily find some for rather cheap from others. Holiday items? Time travel. Villager pics? Also time travel. Even taking duping out of the equation, with older players with 100% completed catalogs and players that are willing to TT for others, it isn't too expensive to buy the items needed.

That just leaves villagers. Most people probably sell as many as they buy, and once people hit their 10 dreamies, a great deal stop.

So even just legit users accumulate tons of bells that they have no purpose for. BTB, on the other hand, can buy collectibles and add-ons for the site. So it makes sense that people who are finishing up with their goals on ACNL turn their focus to BTB instead.

The richest will control the market where ever you go. It's part of life, so you may as well get used to it. TBT bells aren't exactly difficult to earn either, just like in-game bells, so nobody's really missing out.

people do not have the time nor the patience to actually work for them, thats why, its a shame, no worth ethic.

Just going to say it right now, you have 11k and a bunch of collectibles xD but hey, the longer you've been around, the wiser you get, right? :)

within two days of joining, I had 710 tbt. Thinking I could get it back quickly, I spent most of it.
I honestly don't want to spend my 6 mil or so bells buying 10 tbt. I'll just rely on posting

I never blamed it all on duping, I asked a question. It's not a "cheap" way to make money ingame, it's a cheating way to make money ingame.
Demand for TBT has never been this high and I've been here for months. The highest I ever saw TBT go for was 1.5M, and then it skyrocketed to 3M...4M...5M and so on. I can't quite pinpoint when it got crazy, but I believe it's after the pokeball came around.

Yes it is cheating, but I say it's a cheap way since it's a very lazy way to make money in-game (even though duping is very hard). I doubt the in-game Bells are losing value. Don't worry, it still has it's value. Imagine if you want to spend it on 20 copies of the Gorgeous Series to sell to the other people who play? That's a huge chunk of in-game Bells. I just don't think they are losing value at all.

I remember back in GameCube version and Wild World where getting up to 100k Bells is way too expensive. Here in New Leaf, 1 million Bells is very cheap. I think it got easier over time.

Back