• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

TBT conversion rate too high?

TBT conversion rate too high?

• Yes, it should be lowered!

Votes: 82 45.1%
  • No, I think it's fair the way it is!

Votes: 41 22.5%
  • Really don't care about it...

Votes: 59 32.4%

• Total voters
people do not have the time nor the patience to actually work for them, thats why, its a shame, no worth ethic.

It'd be nice if you could try to be a little less insulting and condescending. First you assume most of us are kids and say we don't have a job. I'm 24 and I do have a job. Now you say we have no work ethic.
Just because people have a different opinion to yours, it doesn't mean they're kids, with no jobs or the slightest idea of how life works.

It'd be nice if you could try to be a little less insulting and condescending. First you assume most of us are kids and say we don't have a job. I'm 24 and I do have a job. Now you say we have no work ethic.
Just because people have a different opinion to yours, it doesn't mean they're kids, with no jobs or the slightest idea of how life works.

I agree completely with what you say, but I think you missed the point. I don't think she's saying that you have no work ethic for disagreeing with her. I think she's trying to be helpful and telling us what is causing the TBT Bell value conversion rate change.

Wow! This has became a very controversial thread. I can't believe it went too far.

Last edited:
I agree completely with what you say, but I think you missed the point. I don't think she's saying that you have no work ethic for disagreeing with her. I think she's trying to be helpful and tell us what is causing the TBT Bell value conversion rate change.

Wow! This has became a very controversial thread. I can't believe it went too far.

I didn't miss the point, and I don't necessarily disagree with her. I just didn't like how the point was presented. It was unnecessarily condescending, and even I felt insulted though it wasn't directed towards me specifically. It was thrown more towards a general direction.

On subjects like these, it's important to keep things fairly civil. Otherwise it just spins out of control and everyone loses.

I didn't miss the point, and I don't necessarily disagree with her. I just didn't like how the point was presented. It was unnecessarily condescending, and even I felt insulted though it wasn't directed towards me specifically. It was thrown more towards a general direction.

On subjects like these, it's important to keep things fairly civil. Otherwise it just spins out of control and everyone loses.

Oh, my misunderstanding then. So after all, you neither missed the point nor let the argument go out of control. The society thread in Brewster's Caf? went out of control, so you're right, as long as we stay civil and not bring up some off-topic stuff that still relates to this thread, we can keep it going. I'm not trying to act like a mod, but it's for a future reference.

I do feel like TBT goes for way too much, it feels like 10 TBT seems worthless, but 100 TBT seems like bait for an all-out war to break loose.

Pretty much what Jason said. And to a further extent what Murray said.

The game itself has the big problem with making it so easy to pile up money. And to go on what Murray said, you guys control that exchange rates. Not the staff. We don't go anywhere near it. If it's too high you have to figure out how to lower it on your own.

The other problem with AC that's making the value of bells deflate is that people really don't need to buy much anymore. Need a PWP or some Gracie furniture? A trip or two the Island provides everything you'll need for that.

And most items are reorderables, so even if people want DLC's or to catalogue sets/other items, they can easily find some for rather cheap from others. Holiday items? Time travel. Villager pics? Also time travel. Even taking duping out of the equation, with older players with 100% completed catalogs and players that are willing to TT for others, it isn't too expensive to buy the items needed.

That just leaves villagers. Most people probably sell as many as they buy, and once people hit their 10 dreamies, a great deal stop.

So even just legit users accumulate tons of bells that they have no purpose for. BTB, on the other hand, can buy collectibles and add-ons for the site. So it makes sense that people who are finishing up with their goals on ACNL turn their focus to BTB instead.

This.

I also earned 100M+ ACNL bells from turnips, trades, and island hunting. Then I paid off mortgages and PWP's, and finished my catalog through trades, got my 10 dreamies...so now I have all the bells and nothing to spend them on.

So I could also buy TBT with those bells at least. But I don't. Just because it's too much work to exchange that many bells for a puny 100 TBT. Not worth the effort to me.

I actually think it's great for the new ACNL players to be able to get bells that they need, since the people who have tons of bells to spare don't really need them for anything. So as much as I think the inflation is crazy, it doesn't bother me too much.

I would sell bells for TBT if the price was back to 1M per 100 TBT.

Pretty much what Jason said. And to a further extent what Murray said.

The game itself has the big problem with making it so easy to pile up money. And to go on what Murray said, you guys control that exchange rates. Not the staff. We don't go anywhere near it. If it's too high you have to figure out how to lower it on your own.

You have said it the best. Before you said so, I never thought mods or admins would control the exchange rates. I thought it's more of a supply and demand thing.

@everyone else: if you want to lower the exchange rate, you have to demand for more in-game Bells and less TBT Bells. I know it's not tempting to do so since it's very easy to make money through beetle farming and turnip trading whereas the shop introduces collectibles that have a very high demand.

So here is a scenario where in-game Bells become more valuable: what if the duping bug got patched, turnip prices are very bad in most towns as the best towns for turnip prices have bad wi-fi, and we all got too lazy to go beetle farming? Would that lower the exchange rate? I would hope so.

I'm not trying to be mean, but it's up to you to fix the problem.

Say, it's almost October, and many rare fish and insects will begin to take off if you don't use the island. Even the coelacanths will be disappearing from the roster. I know they are all year fish, but October and November have poor precipitation in-game. I wonder what that will do to the exchange rates.

I don't really think it's much of a problem.

If you want BTB, you can just post often. (but don't spam obviously) If you really want it, you can open up a store.

Plus, the high conversion rate can be a blessing to those that need IG bells, or if you want to get 100 million bells.

You have said it the best. Before you said so, I never thought mods or admins would control the exchange rates. I thought it's more of a supply and demand thing.

@everyone else: if you want to lower the exchange rate, you have to demand for more in-game Bells and less TBT Bells. I know it's not tempting to do so since it's very easy to make money through beetle farming and turnip trading whereas the shop introduces collectibles that have a very high demand.

So here is a scenario where in-game Bells become more valuable: what if the duping bug got patched, turnip prices are very bad in most towns as the best towns for turnip prices have bad wi-fi, and we all got too lazy to go beetle farming? Would that lower the exchange rate? I would hope so.

I'm not trying to be mean, but it's up to you to fix the problem.

Say, it's almost October, and many rare fish and insects will begin to take off if you don't use the island. Even the coelacanths will be disappearing from the roster. I know they are all year fish, but October and November have poor precipitation in-game. I wonder what that will do to the exchange rates.
well I still have hella bells in my abd since i won a huge giveaway on tumblr. I dont think the ingame fish and bugs will affect the btb markets. Maybe more people in school will make it fall but idk.

well I still have hella bells in my abd since i won a huge giveaway on tumblr. I dont think the ingame fish and bugs will affect the btb markets. Maybe more people in school will make it fall but idk.

That could be true, but I think that's only part of the population of this site that goes to school. Also, parenting skills have been worse and worse over time. Older generations put a strict limit on video games. I remembered back when I was in fifth grade, our parents restricted access of using the Gamecube completely from Mondays to Thursdays, as well as Sundays after 3:00 PM. What is it like now? More people would play during the weekdays. But yeah, about seven to eight hours of possible playing time have been cut off daily for five days each week.

The rate only goes up because all of you are so greedy >:l

Then work to lower it :D

By compiling these quotes together, you probably know what the first step is to working on lowering the rate. Are you guys (not to whom I quoted) greedy for more TBT bells or in-game Bells?

Like real world currencies, the exchange rate is determined by the market. So if you want to lower it, you'd have to simply sell AC bells for less forum bells.

Like real world currencies, the exchange rate is determined by the market. So if you want to lower it, you'd have to simply sell AC bells for less forum bells.

Basement posts don't create bells.

I had no idea the mods could prevent post merges. If I became Supreme TBT Governor that would be the one thing I'd decree xD
Back on topic, TBT shouldn't be valued this high. It should only be worth 500k-3mil. We need to help the market decrease steadily.

Back