• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia XIII: XCOM: Enemy Within (End Game - Town Wins!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel like we overlooked something in noodle's will

So I want to start by saying that I had a hard role and I had no idea what to do. I have started Pming Cap and Oath. If either is scum, the other is too. Thanks. I'm just gonna rise up to heaven now.

i think that there is something that oath and capella are not telling us about their exchanges with noodle. i dunno if noodle is right on this, but it does seem like we have the possibility to hit two scum now, and yet we are considering moron for lynch instead.

Why are you voting for Moron and Capella? Sorry, i was playing BGO (**** BGO)

read the thread

If I'm a distraction then lynch me. You're switching votes (pretty fast I might add) because you don't want to look suspicious when I flip town if I were lynched.

i feel like we overlooked something in noodle's will

i think that there is something that oath and capella are not telling us about their exchanges with noodle. i dunno if noodle is right on this, but it does seem like we have the possibility to hit two scum now, and yet we are considering moron for lynch instead.

It's really easy to lynch moron because he is such a pain, whether he is town or scum he is just whining with all this "lynch me" ****

If I'm a distraction then lynch me. You're switching votes (pretty fast I might add) because you don't want to look suspicious when I flip town if I were lynched.

No, cause if you were scum, I really don't think you'd be dumb enough to make up these insane stories. You're most likely town, annoying town, but town.

Murray if you're going to call us out you should at least do something instead of sit there and whine.

Other than wondering what the jailer saw in Andy to want to jail him, I don't have much else to discuss at the moment. Rereading everything is kind of annoying due to the spam. Finding a serious post in this thread is like finding a needle in a haystack. If Andy survives (which I think might happen) or is still around now, I want to ask him how the conversation with the jailer went and what defense he gave to the jailer.

Also I believe Superpenguin when he says he made those claims so that he can stay alive. He's really annoying and I think mafia often wants to shut him up quick by killing him, because there's often a point to his annoying behavior.
Was pretty curious of that myself, but after reading what AndyB said I guess I'm kind of convinced. I guess letting him go means Andy is pretty much confirmed town? That or the Jailer just didn't see any reason to kill him, though they probably should have just to be safe.

Honestly I don't get why Nick (SP) is so dead set on being annoying in these games lately. Rebelling against the 48 hour days still?

Great. We lost a doctor.
I can't help but wonder WHO targeted Miss Noodle. Judging by her will, she says that Oath and Capella knew her role.
I think oath would be smarter than that, like it has been said. Capella, well, I don't understand why MissNoodle would PM them. Provided her helpful role to town, if she trusted oath, I would understand due to him being known as a strong player. But Capella? I don't get. I guess she went with whoever she felt best in the player list.
If the DT checks/or we lynch one of them, and that person turn up scum, based what was said in her will, they're both scum. If they don't turn up, then neither are. I'm assuming that's a 99.1% chance.
I wouldn't recommend doing any of this just yet because day just started.

*Gunsmith or whatever it's called

THE NAME CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD.
Capella seems the most likely of the two to be mafia, though I think Oath is smart enough to realize we'd brush off that. There's always the chance that MissNoodle was a random kill as well, go for the people less likely to be protected Night 1 compared to trying to take out all the strong players.

Okay, so I have a thought and I'm wondering what other people think. Now Cory was targeted by a few people early on in the game, however it seemed to later die down. Now I feel the person that was most adamant about getting Cory gone was Tom and now Cory's dead so obviously he was targeted for a reason. Perhaps it's a coincidence but it's worth noting.
I'm not that dumb. Besides, as much I think Cory is a dirty liar I'm not going to kill him off and face backlash.

I honestly believe Tom is town. I guess someone on the scum team killed Cory for personal reasons or they truly believed he was a watcher (even though he said he wasn't later). He wouldn't have killed Cory as scum, that would've been silly.
Daww. <3 There's also the fact the two others who were on Cory were Oath and Superpenguin.

Ninja'd. I was just going to say something about that as well, but I still feel it's something worth noting. Tom has been really quiet lately I feel.

Just posting my thoughts :x
Mostly because my sleep cycles is all sorts of wonked out and yesterday I had two doctors appointments across town. Told Oath about that last night, plus I had a health scare around 1-2 AM in which my breathing was labored. I'm fine now, so I will be trying to contribute when possible.

Tom helped to lead the no lynch, which could be scum trying to slow town down. People bandwagoned pretty quick on it (in one hour!? Seriously???), which makes me believe that there will have been scum hiding among the voters. Not sure where he's disappeared to, but I'm on the fence at the moment. He does seem town-like looking at his posts.

Shiny, where have you been? Am I missing something here? I'm pretty sure you usually post more than this, and all I'm seeing looking at your post filter is one-liners. I was kind of leaning towards bored townie, however I'm still not sure.

Ashtot seems townie-ish, but I haven't really got many thoughts on him so far.
I tend to play pro-town day one as scum, so leading a no lynch would draw unnecessary attention to myself. Also see reply to Benmjy. As for Shiny, he's been unnaturally quiet even compared to POI Mafia where they were a blue. But Ashtot has me confused. He doesn't seem mafia, but he doesn't seem town. Like for the most part he's just meekly agreeing with people? I don't think I've seen an original thought from him yet? We've talked in the IRC, but I still really haven't gotten a read from him. Maybe I've just been out a few games too long.

Oh, and if Aerious is actually the new EXALT Rookie and they get shot tonight by a Vig, we at least earn ourself some Meld for Dr. Vahlen's research! Silver lining!
I don't get why everyone thinks Aerious is EXALT now? But yes, that would be a wonderful silver lining if that is the case.

I don't see how someone jailed is confirmed town.
They're not, the Jailer just didn't feel like killing them off it seems.

Sataric is also making me suspicious. I don't remember this kind of bravado and snideness from him before. Again, will post in depth at home. I do read the thread at breaks and try to formulate my thoughts as best as I can on my tiny phone. Excuse spelling mistakes.
The snideness is probably from getting used to SP's annoying new demeanor and just being disliked by a majority of "veteran" players for "trying to hard".

Capella, I know the screenshot thing scared you off, but I'm still not content with the exchange that you shared. You talked to Noodle for like 6 lines. I really can't see why Noodle would've included that exchange in her will unless she literally made her will as she was sending the first message to you or something... Oath was very open and clear with all of the pms between himself and Noodle and still can't shake the feeling that there is more to your conversation.
I really do feel like Capella is withholding, either because they fear getting caught in a lie or because their role doesn't match up. I mean sure you talk about other things with friends, but if you two are playing mafia you tend to talk about it for more than six lines.

Yes, I am his friend but that's not why I'm defending him. Moron keeps extremely quiet when he's scum and doesn't post anything. He hasn't been like that at all this game. It's entirely obvious that his play style is more town oriented.
Frozen Mafia, Moron was scum and literally didn't try at all. Unless he/she/they learned their lesson, I'm inclined to side with Aerious and Moron.

As for Tina's death, she mentioned the following names: Tom, Superpenguin, Murray, and LoveMcQueen. Possible frame attempt on me and SP, as really we are the only two names Tina went after consistently. Outside of that, I don't know how many people were in contact with her in the IRC mostly because I haven't been around when she's online.

Was pretty curious of that myself, but after reading what AndyB said I guess I'm kind of convinced. I guess letting him go means Andy is pretty much confirmed town? That or the Jailer just didn't see any reason to kill him, though they probably should have just to be safe.

Honestly I don't get why Nick (SP) is so dead set on being annoying in these games lately. Rebelling against the 48 hour days still?

Capella seems the most likely of the two to be mafia, though I think Oath is smart enough to realize we'd brush off that. There's always the chance that MissNoodle was a random kill as well, go for the people less likely to be protected Night 1 compared to trying to take out all the strong players.

I'm not that dumb. Besides, as much I think Cory is a dirty liar I'm not going to kill him off and face backlash.

Daww. <3 There's also the fact the two others who were on Cory were Oath and Superpenguin.

Mostly because my sleep cycles is all sorts of wonked out and yesterday I had two doctors appointments across town. Told Oath about that last night, plus I had a health scare around 1-2 AM in which my breathing was labored. I'm fine now, so I will be trying to contribute when possible.

I tend to play pro-town day one as scum, so leading a no lynch would draw unnecessary attention to myself. Also see reply to Benmjy. As for Shiny, he's been unnaturally quiet even compared to POI Mafia where they were a blue. But Ashtot has me confused. He doesn't seem mafia, but he doesn't seem town. Like for the most part he's just meekly agreeing with people? I don't think I've seen an original thought from him yet? We've talked in the IRC, but I still really haven't gotten a read from him. Maybe I've just been out a few games too long.

I don't get why everyone thinks Aerious is EXALT now? But yes, that would be a wonderful silver lining if that is the case.

The snideness is probably from getting used to SP's annoying new demeanor and just being disliked by a majority of "veteran" players for "trying to hard".

I really do feel like Capella is withholding, either because they fear getting caught in a lie or because their role doesn't match up. I mean sure you talk about other things with friends, but if you two are playing mafia you tend to talk about it for more than six lines.

Frozen Mafia, Moron was scum and literally didn't try at all. Unless he/she/they learned their lesson, I'm inclined to side with Aerious and Moron.

As for Tina's death, she mentioned the following names: Tom, Superpenguin, Murray, and LoveMcQueen. Possible frame attempt on me and SP, as really we are the only two names Tina went after consistently. Outside of that, I don't know how many people were in contact with her in the IRC mostly because I haven't been around when she's online.

I talked to Tina in the IRC and she caught me on my fake jailed plan and then told Ashtot about it. Just putting that out there.

Always implies that he has done so in every game.

He voted for Cap once.
He tends to vote to bait reactions as admitted in Newbie (or Mean Girls, I don't even remember but leaning on Newbie) mafia. He places a random vote in the beginning.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also smh I'm not even EXALT you idiots I'm town-sided.

He tends to vote to bait reactions as admitted in Newbie (or Mean Girls, I don't even remember but leaning on Newbie) mafia. He places a random vote in the beginning.

- - - Post Merge - - -

how are you making generalisations based off of one event

@Tom: In frozen mafia I was completely silent because I wanted to appear as if tsundere had just wrecked me when in reality I was playing up 'you got me, I'm weak and won't defend myself', and in getting lynched help tsundere seem a little less scummy. Also, not posting anything after I was investigated and came back scum meant that nobody would have anything to read into.

If I caught Superpenguin in a lie and he turns around saying I'm lying because I have no logs (lost them when client went out on me), so obviously only one person here is telling the truth. I am willing to sacrifice myself via lynch and flipping town in order to help get somebody I think is maf or exalt lynched. Mafia or exalt loses a potentially vital member, and town loses a plain old rookie. I am willing to take a death for my team (town) just like I was willing to die for my team in frozen (mafia).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tends to vote implies a series of events.

This has happened twice. Not anywhere close to a "tendency".

Ah, ok thanks for clearing that up! Hope eveything is ok with you now!?

- - - Post Merge - - -

didn't mean that question mark..

Ah, ok thanks for clearing that up! Hope eveything is ok with you now!?

- - - Post Merge - - -

didn't mean that question mark..

Yeah I'm doing fine right now, it was probably a lack of sleep coupled with some stress and high pollen count + allergy injections.

Also, this isn't how Moron plays as scum and I have played mafia with him more than you.

You sound like you're pulling **** out of your ass right now and I can't tell if you're trying to hurt or help town at this point. SP is clearly the scummy one lol. His roleclaim came to me and I outed his bull**** claim.

Yes, I am his friend but that's not why I'm defending him. Moron keeps extremely quiet when he's scum and doesn't post anything. He hasn't been like that at all this game. It's entirely obvious that his play style is more town oriented.

Can you please just shut the **** up? I get that you're trying to be this "I'm so good at mafia in your face in your face" type of player, but it's already old. If you and Moron have played mafia before together, then you're both NOT newbies. Someone with half a brain can go back and analyze their behavior in previous games and purposefully try to act differently. I've done it and so has everyone that has played mafia before. You weren't around for the whole Trundle + Ashtot thing, but let me be the first to tell you that defending someone JUST because you have an out of game friendship with them is going to give you a bad time. People are surprisingly deceptive. Moron is in hot water because he ran straight to you and told you sensitive information + didn't have any log proof. No amount of *****ing at people will make them forget that.

---

Oh well, since I don't always play to save myself I'll vote for myself so I can be one more vote towards a majority leading to my lynch. I'll play to confirm the truth I'm telling when I say that I didn't make up that story.

This is pretty much exhibit A, B, C, and D of why I do think Moron is scum. This is the same thing Pally did when she got caught in AC mafia. As soon as her back was up against a wall, she voted for herself. If you were truly town aligned, you would NEVER vote for yourself, even if others are. That proves nothing other than the fact that you don't care (if you're town) or that you've given up (if you're mafia).

---

Why would SP get himself lynched over a Townie kill if he's scum?

For once, I agree with Ashtot. I don't think SP is as stupid as you all seem to think he is. I would think that any mafia would see that a greenie isn't worth thinning your numbers this early in the game. Could be wrong though, still I'm more inclined to believe SP over Moron based on posts.

---

All of this. I feel like there's a slight chunk of what happened that we're missing. I doubt Noodle would have put Capella in her will if they had only exchanged >10 lines of text. Capella was excited for this to start, but really hasn't posted much content at all. Why would Noodle specifically talk to Capella about their role anyways? It seems rather random if they don't talk much because of timezones.

Here are 9 out of the 15 posts Capella has made that have zero content. I know others were spamming kermit, but the fact that Noodle contacting someone that wasn't contributing and died N1 makes it relevant.

omg sorry i was sleeping and people are already voting

So I'll catch up

ya we did

What don't you understand?

why is everyone using a picture of kermit the frog??

because i don't know how to use it??
but ignore that please cause i googled it

kermit sucks elmo is better

enough with kermit please

oh my clock is wrong wow that's embarrassing sorry

If you're not mad then why are you using exclamation marks?

There isn't any more that has to do with this game.
Noodle and I talk about other things that are not related to mafia.
But we barely get the chance because of timezones

This was the last thing Capella said and we all seemed to have dropped the "case" and them because SP and Moron's fight broke out. Unless the line under where the screenshot cut off was incredibly personal information, I would have shown it. That way there would be no question that Capella is just as willing to share info as Oath. I just can't shake the feeling that they're hiding something.

My vote is torn between Moron and Capella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back