• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia TBT Mafia XIII: XCOM: Enemy Within (End Game - Town Wins!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused about Dr.Vahlen - does Dr.Vahlen actually have to know the townies to perform an upgrade on them? Like if I'm Dr.Vahlen do I just send in an action on something random and it's randomly given to someone? How would they know if who they're performing the upgrade on is actually town? Like the one for the alignment cops, how do they know who to give it to? They would have to find the Psionic soldier. So is it just randomly given to people?

Also, I think the main reason people are afraid to join because the roles are confusing. It doesn't confuse me, but if you don't know anything about xcom then you would be really confused. Most games don't have roles that shape the theme like yours I guess? Like in majority of themed games it's just a theme slapped onto some roles with names. But I like your roles and how they're similar to the game, very cool :)

I'm a bit confused about Dr.Vahlen - does Dr.Vahlen actually have to know the townies to perform an upgrade on them? Like if I'm Dr.Vahlen do I just send in an action on something random and it's randomly given to someone? How would they know if who they're performing the upgrade on is actually town? Like the one for the alignment cops, how do they know who to give it to? They would have to find the Psionic soldier. So is it just randomly given to people?

Also, I think the main reason people are afraid to join because the roles are confusing. It doesn't confuse me, but if you don't know anything about xcom then you would be really confused. Most games don't have roles that shape the theme like yours I guess? Like in majority of themed games it's just a theme slapped onto some roles with names. But I like your roles and how they're similar to the game, very cool :)

If you're Dr. Vahlen and want to perform a gene mod on a player, you will have to let me know which player you wish to upgrade during that night. Dr. Vahlen will not be told any other town players and such at the start of the game, so she would need to figure out which players she believes are town and would benefit from them, or she may be able to find out roles through smart PMing. It may be tricky to find the right player, but it depends on the 'evidence' that is found in the game. Since you need to kill some Aliens/EXALT before you can even start with any gene mods, you'll have more time to figure out who might be on your team. Otherwise it can be a bit hit or miss - I thought the role might be a bit too strong if she definitely knows who the Psionic Soldiers/Annette Durand are. :)

Thanks, I really wanted the roles to fit with the characters of the game as best I could! Not sure how many people are familiar with the game, but I glad you like it. ^^ Regardless I hope people will enjoy the whole humans vs. aliens theme. :D

If you're Dr. Vahlen and want to perform a gene mod on a player, you will have to let me know which player you wish to upgrade during that night. Dr. Vahlen will not be told any other town players and such at the start of the game, so she would need to figure out which players she believes are town and would benefit from them, or she may be able to find out roles through smart PMing. It may be tricky to find the right player, but it depends on the 'evidence' that is found in the game. Since you need to kill some Aliens/EXALT before you can even start with any gene mods, you'll have more time to figure out who might be on your team. Otherwise it can be a bit hit or miss - I thought the role might be a bit too strong if she definitely knows who the Psionic Soldiers/Annette Durand are. :)

Thanks, I really wanted the roles to fit with the characters of the game as best I could! Not sure how many people are familiar with the game, but I glad you like it. ^^ Regardless I hope people will enjoy the whole humans vs. aliens theme. :D
I like aliens and humans :cool:
How many players till this starts?

I like aliens and humans :cool:
How many players till this starts?

I'm glad. ;)

We're good to start with these numbers really, I can make it work with 31. I'll keep signups open, but can get the game started on Monday or Tuesday (so people are definitely back from July 4th celebrations and stuff). I'll probably put a mini poll in the thread in the next few days and see what people prefer. Don't want people to lose interest by waiting too long!

I'm glad. ;)

We're good to start with these numbers really, I can make it work with 31. I'll keep signups open, but can get the game started on Monday or Tuesday (so people are definitely back from July 4th celebrations and stuff). I'll probably put a mini poll in the thread in the next few days and see what people prefer. Don't want people to lose interest by waiting too long!
I want to start it as soon as possible. I think the more confusing the better. So I can't wait for this game to start. It's going to be fun.

What happens if she performs an operation on scum? Is she told it doesn't work?
Also, you're welcome :)

What happens if she performs an operation on scum? Is she told it doesn't work?
Also, you're welcome :)

Dr. Vahlen can't modify robotic or part-robotic players - so it would 'fail' on a MEC Trooper, Cyberdisc, or Seeker, and she would be told her surgery was not successful. If she gives Neural Enhancement to a player that is not a Psionic Soldier or Annette Durand it would 'work' but not do anything. Dr. Vahlen will not be told this, only that the surgery was successful. Any player successfully receiving the gene mod will be told what gene mod they received during the night. Regarding scum - if you gave say a Secondary Heart to a Sectoid, then that would be a successful operation, so you need to be careful who you decide to operate on!

Hope this makes sense. :D

Will the Chryssalid know the members of the Mafia/Alien team or do they run risk of giving their teammates embryos and killing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back