• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Team Fortress 2

Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
-Aaron said:
Gnome said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You'd be surprised at how many people will take that offer.
It's like some people are forgetting the value of some items. I got a couple rare weapons in exchange for my dead ringer.
:/

>been playing for 2 weeks
>know everything about tf2
>serious *censored.3.0*ing business
wtf?

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
-Aaron said:
It's like some people are forgetting the value of some items. I got a couple rare weapons in exchange for my dead ringer.

wtf?
items have little to no value unless they're vintage. or, to me at least.

hats and tools are all that's elevated beyond regular item and "new" item.

newer items are simply new, nothing more. give it a week or two and they'll be worth the same as a regular item, at which point, again, items have little to no value unless they're vintage.

i give away items to those who need them/aren't douchebags.

i'm loling because you haven't had the game for more than 3 weeks, but you're talking as though you know the game inside-out/that it's serious business.

it used to be something. now it's just an fps-themed party game, for most.
edit: or me, at least.

Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:

wtf?

newer items are simply new, nothing more. give it a week or two and they'll be worth the same as a regular item, at which point, again, items have little to no value unless they're vintage.

i'm loling because you haven't had the game for more than 3 weeks, but you're talking as though you know the game inside-out/that it's serious business.

How am I talking like I know everything about the game? Me asking questions about what the use for hats are, why they are valued, etc. I'm still new and I know it.

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
wtf?

How am I talking like I know everything about the game? Me asking questions about what the use for hats are, why they are valued, etc. I'm still new and I know it.
.... well hats...errr um... well they are hard to find.... and ummm they make you look different..... ummm and wellllll they let you brag about the hats you have.... and with out a hat ....

Really hats serve no purpose but provide a visual award for playing lots, or buying things, or participating in contests etcetera.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"><object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width="250" height="250" data='http://www.youtube.com/v/bIg3rygMAuk&autoplay=1'>
<param name='AllowScriptAccess' value='never' />
<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />
<param name='movie' value='http://www.youtube.com/v/bIg3rygMAuk&autoplay=1' /><param name='play' value='true' />
<param name='loop' value='true' /><param name='quality' value='high' /></object></div>

DemoDemoPan

Bacon Boy said:
"everyone is forgetting the value of their items"
>implying items have any value beyond scrap and age

eh. though i'm not sure exactly where you asked questions about what the use for anything..

sporge is right, except for the polycount pack hats. those, when equipped with the respective items, give the player set bonuses like extra speed, health, etc.

and everyone hates them being in the game.

tf2 has long since strayed from anything more than a party FPS, imo. (as i feel as though i've already said here, for some reason)

Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
"everyone is forgetting the value of their items"
>implying items have any value beyond scrap and age

eh. though i'm not sure exactly where you asked questions about what the use for anything..

sporge is right, except for the polycount pack hats. those, when equipped with the respective items, give the player set bonuses like extra speed, health, etc.

and everyone hates them being in the game.

tf2 has long since strayed from anything more than a party FPS, imo. (as i feel as though i've already said here, for some reason)
My words exactly: "It's like some people are forgetting the value of some items. I got a couple rare weapons in exchange for my dead ringer."

Rarity can be an opinion word and value is placed by one with an opinion. If some people cannot get what you would consider a "common" item, to them, it is rare.

What was it originally used for, then?

Bacon Boy said:
My words exactly: "It's like some people are forgetting the value of some items. I got a couple rare weapons in exchange for my dead ringer."

Rarity can be an opinion word and value is placed by one with an opinion. If some people cannot get what you would consider a "common" item, to them, it is rare.

What was it originally used for, then?
rarity is totally opinion, true, but the community more or less deems items items and hats hats, as far as i remember. there's rarity among hats, but that's completely different and unrelated.

what was tf2 originally used for? it was a team & class based FPS. it still is if you're playing with the right people, but it was originally nothing but an FPS.

then hats happened.

then the store happened.

then the party game happened.

to be honest, I might start playing on the xbox version a little, PC versions falling apart little by little.

and vanilla tf2 is always fun, and why don't they ever play Hydro anymore?

Gnome said:
to be honest, I might start playing on the xbox version a little, PC versions falling apart little by little.

there's vanilla servers if that's what you're looking for. not a whole lot of people on them, but i doubt there's a lot of people on the console versions either.

hydro's too complicated of a map. TC in general is just too complicated, with the matchups and whatnot.

CP and PL is where it's at.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>always good for a chuckle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">http://www.youtube.com/v/JUPzN7tp7bQ&autoplay=1</div>

Gnome said:

I always did enjoy Hydro. Complicated? Maybe, but you know.. the big neon bloody signs showing you where to go. Not to mention the map at the start.

Psychonaut said:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>always good for a chuckle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">http://www.youtube.com/v/JUPzN7tp7bQ&autoplay=1</div>
XD
So in other words, don't get the console versions?

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
XD
That's on pc.

The console versions are the old tf2, before any major update. No new maps, nothing.

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
XD
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>right, but this is the video that would make you not want to buy console version. along with lots of facestabs, no custom maps, no updates.. etc.</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">http://www.youtube.com/v/pPoKaoJu0m4&feature=player_embedded&autoplay=1</div>

Back