• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Team Fortress 2

Fender said:
I miss this game. I really loved it before it became one bloated war themed hat simulator. All people care about are the hats, the weapons aren't very balanced, the classes don't have clear purposes anymore, and everyone looks god dammed awful.
try tf2 lobby or whatnot/the competitive "scene".

there's gonna be hats, but at least there there isn't so much of a coin toss of whether you're getting a good team or a bad one.
the weapons usually aren't allowed until one season after they're released to be deemed balance or imbalanced as the community sees fit, so that might be more of a good style.

there's still plenty of class roles, it's just been expanded as to what the classes can do.
i have my complaints with the changes as well, but it's still decent if you can get past all the pointless crap valve keeps adding.

it has gotten very imbalanced and a lot more money grubbing since mann conomy update, though.

Fender said:
I miss this game. I really loved it before it became one bloated war themed hat simulator. All people care about are the hats, the weapons aren't very balanced, the classes don't have clear purposes anymore, and everyone looks god dammed awful.

there's gonna be hats, but at least there there isn't so much of a coin toss of whether you're getting a good team or a bad one.
the weapons usually aren't allowed until one season after they're released to be deemed balance or imbalanced as the community sees fit, so that might be more of a good style.

there's still plenty of class roles, it's just been expanded as to what the classes can do.
i have my complaints with the changes as well, but it's still decent if you can get past all the pointless crap valve keeps adding.

it has gotten very imbalanced and a lot more money grubbing since mann conomy update, though.

Psychonaut said:
Fender said:

It just doesnt seem right to me when almost every class has some form of healing or DoT, the heavy can move quickly, the medic is running around with a crossbow, and weapons that are clear upgrades and have no downside.

Psychonaut said:
Fender said:

It just doesnt seem right to me when almost every class has some form of healing or DoT, the heavy can move quickly, the medic is running around with a crossbow, and weapons that are clear upgrades and have no downside.

Fender said:
the healing weapons/alternatives are useless IMO if you have a good medic. i think the thought behind those weapons was that it would give teams without a medic a chance, since people tend to look down on the medic unless they have spent time to learn the class.

the heavy's G.R.U./running gloves are interesting, but i would still say they're balanced. he gets to the scene faster, but he basically has no reliable melee. pair that with a sandvich to heal off the damage, and all you have is the minigun which isn't so useful when ambushed, and is ineffective when trying to advance close enough to kill snipers, sollys, etc.
if you opt for a shotgun instead of sandvich (as i was for a while) you have to rely on a medic to heal you when using the GRU.
I would say they're fair, or at least balanced.

i absolutely hate the medieval update, and most all of the polycount. the degreaser makes being a pyro way too easy, not that i'm complaining about that.
the crossbow for medic is balls. "medieval mode" is horse *censored.2.0*.

the new bonesaw either needs a damage nerf, swing time nerf, or the regular bonesaw needs a buff. the medic's already pretty powerful in the right hands, so a buff wouldn't be my choice, but hopefully the beta (lol, what a load of BS) will help in some way to balance out all of these broken weapons for valve.

and the latest update with kill icons was totally unnecessary though should have been there to begin with.. valve being lazy.

Fender said:
the healing weapons/alternatives are useless IMO if you have a good medic. i think the thought behind those weapons was that it would give teams without a medic a chance, since people tend to look down on the medic unless they have spent time to learn the class.

the heavy's G.R.U./running gloves are interesting, but i would still say they're balanced. he gets to the scene faster, but he basically has no reliable melee. pair that with a sandvich to heal off the damage, and all you have is the minigun which isn't so useful when ambushed, and is ineffective when trying to advance close enough to kill snipers, sollys, etc.
if you opt for a shotgun instead of sandvich (as i was for a while) you have to rely on a medic to heal you when using the GRU.
I would say they're fair, or at least balanced.

i absolutely hate the medieval update, and most all of the polycount. the degreaser makes being a pyro way too easy, not that i'm complaining about that.
the crossbow for medic is balls. "medieval mode" is horse *censored.2.0*.

the new bonesaw either needs a damage nerf, swing time nerf, or the regular bonesaw needs a buff. the medic's already pretty powerful in the right hands, so a buff wouldn't be my choice, but hopefully the beta (lol, what a load of BS) will help in some way to balance out all of these broken weapons for valve.

and the latest update with kill icons was totally unnecessary though should have been there to begin with.. valve being lazy.

I should update this thread, actually.

If you have a change in your preferred class or backpack URL, let me know, I'll update it.

Last edited:
Thread updated. A moderator should move this to PC Gaming, please.

Also, if you have a bad ass vintage Soldier hat you want to trade for one of my vintage hats, check out my backpack and let me know.

Last edited:
Back