• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

That 2 mil+ debt

Tom Nook is going to earn big after this update! :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I don't mind. I already paid mine a long time ago. In fact, can I pay for more storage? I wish there's no limit.

Definitely makes sense. I'm glad that they added another storage upgrade as it will make me use my second character less and less (was basically only for extra storage).

I knew they'd tie the storage upgrade to our debt. Luckily I've paid off all of mine. My only question now is- how much will the actual upgrade cost us? I hope it's not quite as much as our last home loan, especially since we're not getting more actual space in our houses.

I had paid mine off, since I didn't want to see it every time I went to the ABD, plus I wanted the exterior remodel option. I'll be visiting Nook tomorrow morning to purchase my new storage. I wonder if it'll be a flat rate paid up-front, like when you move, or if it's a loan paid off, like when you upgrade your house. I would imagine the latter.

I've just left my last bill, finding being able to customise the house for free not enough incentive. Now I feel I can pay it off and get something worthy out of it! Thanks for the heads up :)

Eventually I relented and paid off the loan as I just couldn’t leave it outstanding 😂 The house customisation isn’t something that I use very often. It was good for the Halloween competition to make a spooky exterior but I like how my house looks and don’t feel the need to change.

I only tend to reach the storage limit when I hoard a lot of rubbish that mostly don’t use. This will make it harder as there is no excuse to have a clear out 🙃

I have been slowly saving up to pay it off. I was wondering if I needed to pay the loan off so hopefully I can scrape up the rest of the money before the update. I hope that it doesn’t cost a fortune for the storage

Well i'mma pay off my loan then. I never bothered to because I felt paying it off for the free customaztion wasn't really worth 2 million bells so,,

Dang, I never even considered this! Luckily, I already paid mine off because I wanted those free exterior renovations haha... I'm so excited to finally have a bigger storage.

Seeing as I have less than 400 items in storage, the increase doesn't do me any good. However, I'll still do it on behalf of completionism.

It makes perfect sense that this upgrade would only be available after paying off previous loans. For me, the free exterior customization was enough of an incentive because I get bored with my exterior quickly and enjoy revamping my whole yard to match it.

I feel like it took me so long to pay off the 2 mil and my storage isn't even close to being full so I'm not in a hurry to upgrade it. I do like that we have that option though.

lmao i paid mine back today, it hurt but i had the bells and i desperately want more storage so i bit the sour apple and gave tom nook 15% of my saved bells. maybe i need to do some turnip selling again...

Big OOF, you're earning your reputation, Mr. Nook. And yes, that's the charge WITH a completely paid off loan.
20201118_192110.jpg
20201118_192115.jpg

They did show 1600 -> 2400 and you only get 1600 after completely upgrading your house. It makes sense that a storage upgrade would be the next thing you buy from Nook after paying off the final (now second to last, I guess) debt.

I just hope it isn't outrageously expensive. Not like it matters, but it would be silly to have to pay over a million Bells for storage.

It's actually half a million XD

I paid it off right away. Seeing a payment of 2 mil just sitting there really bugged me. Luckily, I had been buying turnips early so I had more than enough to pay it off.

I paid mine off today to get the storage upgrade. I always had the funds for it and was going to pay it off eventually, but I held off on it knowing there were no further upgrades and the free exterior changes didn’t appeal to me. It would have been nice if the 2m debt owed was what gave us the storage upgrade, but I’m not bothered paying that plus extra either way. Bells are easy to acquire in the game anyways.

Back