• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

They really do need to fix the campsite. I tried for over 2 hours to get Dobie to move in and eventually gave up. Luckily I did find him island hopping when I had an empty plot. On my second island I still had plots to fill so I figured it would be easier since I put down a plot. It took my 17 tries to get Joey to move to the empty plot. I either kept losing his card game or he would say he didn’t want to move.
15 mins of speed dialog when a villager keeps saying they wish they could live on your island. You invite them. They say no.
Ive given up on some encounters just because of that very thing. It shouldnt take forever just to get to the card game for them to move in.
Cuz then you have to try to win and then hope they choose a villager youre fine with letting go.

I'm happy that villagers no longer just move themselves out like they did in past games but I wish there was an easier way to kick one out, like if I spoke to Isabelle to complain about a villager then could the game not line that villager up to request to move on the next day. Also why can I never kick out the most recent move in (not sure if this is just me though)? There have been too many times a random villager has filled the 10th plot but they never want to leave until I kick out one of the 9 I actually wanted to keep.

Yeah, I hate how a lot of items are color locked. I was surprised to find out that the Valentine's Day items aren't.

15 mins of speed dialog when a villager keeps saying they wish they could live on your island. You invite them. They say no.
Ive given up on some encounters just because of that very thing. It shouldnt take forever just to get to the card game for them to move in.
Cuz then you have to try to win and then hope they choose a villager youre fine with letting go.
Yes it shouldn’t take so long. It would be great if they let you pick who to let go. Certain villagers I won’t even try to get from the campsite it just takes to long to try and get them.

The colour locked items infuriate me. At least with the regular items once you’ve cataloged them you can reorder them whenever. But with the NM items the only way you can get a different colour is through trading. I imagine Nintendo did this on purpose to encourage players to trade and thus encouraging player to buy the online subscription.

I agree, that's absolutely why Nintendo did it, and it infuriates me, too! When you consider that one of the main core mechanics of the game revolves around customising items to change their colour, it feels especially underhanded that they try to force online trading this way. It honestly makes no sense to me that I can apparently craft a spaceship from scratch on a desert island, but I can't slap a new coat of paint on a streetlamp...

The colour locked items infuriate me. At least with the regular items once you’ve cataloged them you can reorder them whenever. But with the NM items the only way you can get a different colour is through trading. I imagine Nintendo did this on purpose to encourage players to trade and thus encouraging player to buy the online subscription.
Well the problem is that we don't have a proper trading system in the game and considering how bad the online is with the constant loading screen there needs to be improvements.

villagers rarely seem to move out. I have logged on every day to do basics and I’ve not had a villager ask to leave since January 2nd.

I'm happy that villagers no longer just move themselves out like they did in past games but I wish there was an easier way to kick one out, like if I spoke to Isabelle to complain about a villager then could the game not line that villager up to request to move on the next day. Also why can I never kick out the most recent move in (not sure if this is just me though)? There have been too many times a random villager has filled the 10th plot but they never want to leave until I kick out one of the 9 I actually wanted to keep.
The only fastest way to kick out villagers is use an amiibo card but even that takes long to do even if you don't time travel it takes 3 days do it because these villagers won't be convinced until you give them 3 different "Souvenirs" just to see how well they like your island and THEN you can pick the villager you want to kick out instead of the game deciding for you from the card mini game.

villagers rarely seem to move out. I have logged on every day to do basics and I’ve not had a villager ask to leave since January 2nd.

Are you sure you're paying attention to each villager at the start of each day?
Villagers will ask 14 days after the last move-out/move-in and will ask 7 days after the last denied move out request.

If you're cycling Amiibos at least once every 2 weeks, you will never get a move out request.

i wish u could be able to search for a diy recipe to see if u have it bc ive bought diy recipes thinking i didnt have it and i ended up having it and then i have a duplicate 😫
also i spend a lot of time trying to find a diy to craft like just let me search for the one im looking for specifically!!

i wish u could be able to search for a diy recipe to see if u have it bc ive bought diy recipes thinking i didnt have it and i ended up having it and then i have a duplicate 😫
also i spend a lot of time trying to find a diy to craft like just let me search for the one im looking for specifically!!

By default, the DIYs are sorted by type. You can press (Y) to sort your DIYs alphabetically. Very useful in this case.

Are you sure you're paying attention to each villager at the start of each day?
Villagers will ask 14 days after the last move-out/move-in and will ask 7 days after the last denied move out request.

If you're cycling Amiibos at least once every 2 weeks, you will never get a move out request.
Well I say hi to them, see what they are doing every morning and I haven’t used Amiibo at all.

Can we please bring back town ordinances? I don’t really care if it doesn’t fit the game thematically since I’m not technically the mayor but I miss them so much.

I’d love to have a Beautiful Town Ordinance right now. No more weeds growing, no more fallen branches or stray stones. Sure, the flowers in this game don’t wilt but I’d still have it if it meant I wouldn’t get any more weeds or branches 😔

Early Bird & Night Owl would also be really helpful! Before I got a bunch of flowers in New Leaf I used Early Bird since sometimes I like playing at like 7:30 am when it’s all nice and quiet. Being able to access the shops is really nice and it’s helpful for people who work early morning or late night hours.

I’m not too bothered by the Bell Boom ordinance since it balances itself out, doesn’t it? Things sell for more bells but also cost more to buy, I think? I could be mistaken though.

Either way I miss the ordinances.

I wish Winter didn't last as long as it does. Spring and Summer are the best imo. And I completely hate summer irl.... lol
It's been that way since PG. It gets old after a while. I don't think it would be so off-putting if it wasn't for how the entirety of winter is all bright white snow everywhere. There's not a lot of places where snow is just around 24/7 unless you're from Siberia or something lol,

I've never been able to get 100 straight fish for the Nook Miles reward. I caught 98 in a row once, though ... urrrrggghh :rolleyes:

Are villagers literally programmed to sit RIGHT where I'm trying to terraform? No, seriously. Because it happens every time. And they won't move.
Happens every single time.

I gave up last week and just shut the game down.
The place was left in a mess, but I was going insane, digging holes everywhere, to block villagers from walking where I was trying to terraform, and sitting right where I was working.

It took every ounce of willpower not to hurl the switch into the wall.

Back