• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Can we please bring back town ordinances? I don’t really care if it doesn’t fit the game thematically since I’m not technically the mayor but I miss them so much.

I’d love to have a Beautiful Town Ordinance right now. No more weeds growing, no more fallen branches or stray stones. Sure, the flowers in this game don’t wilt but I’d still have it if it meant I wouldn’t get any more weeds or branches 😔

Early Bird & Night Owl would also be really helpful! Before I got a bunch of flowers in New Leaf I used Early Bird since sometimes I like playing at like 7:30 am when it’s all nice and quiet. Being able to access the shops is really nice and it’s helpful for people who work early morning or late night hours.

I’m not too bothered by the Bell Boom ordinance since it balances itself out, doesn’t it? Things sell for more bells but also cost more to buy, I think? I could be mistaken though.

Either way I miss the ordinances.
NTM, no more trash either (except on mystery island tours), although I reset a few days ago, so I need trash right now to catch a fly and get all the Nook miles for fishing trash...but even so, I could use just use mystery island tours.

This could also increase chances of getting hybrid flowers. :)

I’d love to have a Beautiful Town Ordinance right now. No more weeds growing, no more fallen branches or stray stones. Sure, the flowers in this game don’t wilt but I’d still have it if it meant I wouldn’t get any more weeds or branches 😔

Its not a perfect solution, but I thought it might help you.

You can stop the daily sticks and stone from spawning by hiding them behind cliffs or building. The game will only spawn up to 14(ish) sticks and 1 stone a day so if there’s already that number on the ground but hidden, no more will spawn.

This also works for fossils. If you bury 6 fossils out of sight you won’t find anymore spawning.

I usually use the cliff at the back side of my island to hide them. No one knows they’re there but me. 😁

I have to move four houses and a ramp in order to align my map
I really like this area too, so having to demolish it and redo it has me on edge.

is it weird that i wish flowers could die again? having no way to get rid of them except digging them up can get quite annoying, especially when they get overgrown

I'd rather go back to killing them with the shovel. I may not be remembering right. This was a thing, right?

I'm really fed up of having to restart my game just to get villagers to move.

For example, yesterday, Walt was singing. Cute, right? Then came Roscoe and Claude, who sat down to listen. Nothing I did worked - they got mad at me for walking into them, and continued sitting. I hit Walt with a net and he got angry, moved away, they remained seated. For 2 hours. This happens with KK too - once a character has sat down on one of those chairs, I can't get them off it to give them their daily gift.

Who remains seated like that for 2 hours?!

I'd rather go back to killing them with the shovel. I may not be remembering right. This was a thing, right?

It was! If they were already wilted and you tried to dig them up they’d just disappear.

I’m happy that they don’t wilt only because it would be a pain to water them all since we don’t have the beautiful town ordinance this time. I don’t know how many flowers I’d have left if I had to water them all, lol.

But it definitely sucks that the only way to pick up flowers is by shovelling them. It breaks my shovels so fast when I’m trying to rearrange flowers or just clean up the stragglers!! I wish new ones only grew if I watered them.

I wish we could have multiple island on one switch. Everyday I'm torn between resetting my island just to feel alive and keeping it. I want to make the pastel island of my dreams but I've already put so much time and effort into my current island that resetting feels like a waste (and a betrayal to my bffs Francine and Genji who I just got). All my problems would be solved if just let us have more than one island.

I wish we could have multiple island on one switch. Everyday I'm torn between resetting my island just to feel alive and keeping it. I want to make the pastel island of my dreams but I've already put so much time and effort into my current island that resetting feels like a waste (and a betrayal to my bffs Francine and Genji who I just got). All my problems would be solved if just let us have more than one island.

This really bothers me as well. It’s already frustrating imo that we still can’t have more than one save per copy of Animal Crossing but it’s even worse this time around.

Especially since the switch is meant to be like a home console. It should be expected that it’ll be shared between family members - we can create separate profiles after all. So it baffles me that even with separate profiles we can’t have more than one island.

It’s even more frustrating that buying a second copy of the game still doesn’t let you have a second island?? That’s just silly and it makes me so sad. I loved being able to buy a second copy of New Leaf - I have my main town on a cartridge and then I downloaded a second copy of the game to start fresh. I’d love to do that with New Horizons because I know I’ll reach a point where my island feels a bit stale but I won’t want to lose all my progress. :(

I feel like this is something they could had fixed by having islands being linked to profiles. I could be wrong, because I don't know all the technical issues. But a lot of games can only have one save unless you switch profiles. So I feel like this could also apply to separate islands?

this is going to be a lot of gamecube/switch game comparisons. Oh dear, here we go.
1. I don’t like the new music at all, I have been listening to the Gamecube soundtrack while playing and realised it was because I preferred the old soundtrack a lot more
2. Tree stumps/wood/dirt circles. These ones:
ag22pdv8yjl21.jpg

Bring it BACK! That said the design customisation has let me get codes for both circles and the uneven shapes and I’ve added them everywhere but the sound effect is not the same when you walk on them.
3. more dialogue added to the game! When we have 10 villagers we have at least two copies of two others because of limited personality types. There used to be a ton in the older games. Now all they do is constantly talk about what I’m wearing!
4. This has been so overdone, but...please give villagers their own thoughts and their own opinions. Tell me my outfit sucks or that the colours clash or you don’t like the flowers behind my house or that something I’ve put in the town looks dumb. It used to make them fun. Now they are ceaselessly agreeable with everything. If you can’t do it with all of them at least make the jocks, uchis and snooty villagers jerks.
5. Please bring back the post office. It added character to the game. I miss Pelly and Phyllis and seeing Pete at dumb hours of the morning and getting really excited to talk to him. 😭 Sending villagers letters was my favourite past-time on the older games. Now it just feels like an extra chore to give villagers cosmetics.
6. also the train too, and the café. A chunk of animal crossing’s soul has left!

i can enjoy the game well enough with none of these things but it’s only because designing the island is enjoyable. That’s not why I enjoyed the series to begin with, though. I hope they add some of these things back in the game when they update it. Wishful thinking.

Same here. I actually almost restarted my island because I wanted to have a new start but then the thought of "recollecting stuff again" got into my head and I ask myself "Do I want to go through all that trouble collecting DIYS again?" The issue with this game is that its hard to collect certain DIYS you are looking for. The RNG is so bad because its like you want to have DIYS you need to start your idea for your island but the problem is that you have to always wait until your villager gives the DIY you want. Not to mention those Seasonal Diys which you can only get from Balloon gifts. Granted I got most of these DIYS from trading online with others but I worked hard to get them. Same with my villagers that took forever to find like Judy and Cherry for example.

I wish we do have the feature to make a 2nd island because I can branch out my other ideas on that island so it feels more different compared to my main island. If I restart all of that hard work is gone and the legacy that I built from that island is like no longer there.

I need brewster and the roost to come back! The game is getting boring and I loved just being able to go to the roost for coffee and work there as well! If the roost isn't back by the end of this year... I don't know what I'll do. Also again they need to make villagers have actual personalities and not just walk around being happy and complimenting my outfit constantly. I miss when the villagers used to tell me if my outfit is bad. And they NEED to bring back the feature that let them come to your house and visit.

this is going to be a lot of gamecube/switch game comparisons. Oh dear, here we go.
1. I don’t like the new music at all, I have been listening to the Gamecube soundtrack while playing and realised it was because I preferred the old soundtrack a lot more
2. Tree stumps/wood/dirt circles. These ones:
ag22pdv8yjl21.jpg

Bring it BACK! That said the design customisation has let me get codes for both circles and the uneven shapes and I’ve added them everywhere but the sound effect is not the same when you walk on them.
3. more dialogue added to the game! When we have 10 villagers we have at least two copies of two others because of limited personality types. There used to be a ton in the older games. Now all they do is constantly talk about what I’m wearing!
4. This has been so overdone, but...please give villagers their own thoughts and their own opinions. Tell me my outfit sucks or that the colours clash or you don’t like the flowers behind my house or that something I’ve put in the town looks dumb. It used to make them fun. Now they are ceaselessly agreeable with everything. If you can’t do it with all of them at least make the jocks, uchis and snooty villagers jerks.
5. Please bring back the post office. It added character to the game. I miss Pelly and Phyllis and seeing Pete at dumb hours of the morning and getting really excited to talk to him. 😭 Sending villagers letters was my favourite past-time on the older games. Now it just feels like an extra chore to give villagers cosmetics.
6. also the train too, and the café. A chunk of animal crossing’s soul has left!

i can enjoy the game well enough with none of these things but it’s only because designing the island is enjoyable. That’s not why I enjoyed the series to begin with, though. I hope they add some of these things back in the game when they update it. Wishful thinking.
That looks beautiful!

I miss stuff like the special stumps from NL as well.

Not a rant about the game, but about the community...

Yeah, I get it, people are disappointed in the game but can we please just let the people who enjoy it express that they like it without piling a bunch of negativity and "wELl aCHsuaLLy in NL/WW/CF..." on them? Your opinion is still that, an opinion, so stop trying to convince me I'm "wrong." And, it's not like I haven't heard the same hot takes from all the other people who feel it necessary to rain on my parade every time I say something positive about the game, so maybe just move on. Yeesh.

I spent two hours terraforming and decorating a small area today. It was finally complete and just needed a ramp or some stairs. I talked to Nook and found out I was at my limit. I really don't have a lot of cliffs or rivers and was really surprised that I had eight already. I've never been so annoyed with this game.

I ended up terraforming it back to what it was, planted a bunch of cedar trees and added a swinging bench and campfire. So simple and took very little time, and looks nice.

What I learned.....
I now understand when I see players complain about the amount of stairs and ramps we get. I feel your pain.
I was trying to be fancy with my decorating. Sometimes simple is better.
Terraforming is stressful. I wanted to pull my hair out. It was just a simple pond. Why is it so hard to dig in the right spot? Lol

I think wilted flowers should come back ONLY if Town Ordinances (including the "beautiful" one) come back. Otherwise, watering all those flowers and maintaining them would be too much. >_<

Back