• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Why is it that I have to put the last house plot so my camper will move in. I didn’t get Wolfgang because he kept saying there was no land anywhere on the island to buy even though Axel had asked to move and I said he could . I don’t want 10 villagers yet so why couldn’t Wolfgang just take Axel’s place.
That happened to me with Fauna. Curly asked to move, so I checked my campsite, and fauna was there. Yay! But sadly, it doesn't end well. I spent 5 minutes try I ng to win the stupid card game to get her to move in, and after all that, she couldn't move in because curly wasn't in boxes, and two villagers can't move out at the same time. Now I slightly hate Fauna for that but maybe she'll come back and give me a second chance to get her.

I really wish there was a way of finding out where your villagers were at. It bugs me so much that I have to spend ages sometimes searching for that one villager to give them their daily gift.

Why can’t we ask Isabelle where missing villagers are or ask other villagers if they’ve seen so-and-so. It’d make life so much easier. 😣
Yes. It’s not like they don’t use phones or anything.lol

When this happens, I find that it’s faster to just save and load the game again and they’ll usually wind up inside their house or walking near Resident Services.

why is there no regular sideways barrel? why is there only the pirate sideways barrel?

why is there no regular sideways barrel? why is there only the pirate sideways barrel?
Only one side has the skull and crossbones, the other side is blank, if that's your problem. The color doesn't match the normal barrel, of course, but the pirate barrel also has a blank side.

Only one side has the skull and crossbones, the other side is blank, if that's your problem. The color doesn't match the normal barrel, of course, but the pirate barrel also has a blank side.
In NL and WW there was a sideways barrel.
The keg.

Pascal gave them out.

They weren't so oversized and much nicer than the NH wooden barrel, IMO.
That thing is almost as big as a tree.

ik that but won't it be better to have a craftable one that way its easier to obtain? also i wouldn't mind some variety with the sideways barrel

That happened to me with Fauna. Curly asked to move, so I checked my campsite, and fauna was there. Yay! But sadly, it doesn't end well. I spent 5 minutes try I ng to win the stupid card game to get her to move in, and after all that, she couldn't move in because curly wasn't in boxes, and two villagers can't move out at the same time. Now I slightly hate Fauna for that but maybe she'll come back and give me a second chance to get her.
I don’t see why they even play the card game if they can’t move in. You get excited and then just disappointed. For me Axel wasn’t in boxes yet since he just asked to move before I went to the campsite. It was also the first time I didn’t have to play the card game because he had agreed to move without it. Even when I had an empty plot for Joey it took so long to convince him to move in. I wish they would change how the campsite works.

Well Deli has 2 dresses in his wardrobe now.
Guess Harry and Tybalt didn't like him that much since they both gifted one of them to him... today.

Thats going to be so much effort to fix

Not really a rant I suppose, but I kind of wish there were more bags in the game. I love to use them with every outfit (how else will I carry all my stuff? 😆) but there's just so few of them, and even fewer that I'd actually use! I don't even mind that they're only available from Kicks - I used to get really excited when he showed up! Then I realised I'd already seen his entire inventory just a handful of months after launch. It seems like there's such a big variety with every other clothing type, it would just be cool if the bag range was expanded a little.
You know it still bothers me how we speculated when we saw bags in the game for the first time I thought it would be unique to hold extra items when we put it on our character but it turned out not to be true. It would've been so much helpful considering that our Pocket Space is so disorganized most of the time.

You know it still bothers me how we speculated when we saw bags in the game for the first time I thought it would be unique to hold extra items when we put it on our character but it turned out not to be true. It would've been so much helpful considering that our Pocket Space is so disorganized most of the time.

I’d love to be able to put all my tools in the bags we carry, and still be able to access them via. the tool ring. I like to have them all on me but I’d rather my actual 40 inventory slots could carry everything else.

It would have been cool but I doubt they would give us that and the vastly increased bag space compared to older entries.
If it was one or the other, I prefer it the way it currently is.

i just found out that you can't place buildings the way you want... i mean, i'm facing this way
153165381_923419685067142_8203679195580136398_o.jpg
but it makes me turn in front of the rock... it annoys me...

I’d love to be able to put all my tools in the bags we carry, and still be able to access them via. the tool ring. I like to have them all on me but I’d rather my actual 40 inventory slots could carry everything else.

I wish ladders and vaulting poles could be used without equipping as long as they were in your inventory.

i just found out that you can't place buildings the way you want... i mean, i'm facing this way
153165381_923419685067142_8203679195580136398_o.jpg
but it makes me turn in front of the rock... it annoys me...

Because the way the world is designed and the camera direction, buildings always need to face south.

Because the way the world is designed and the camera direction, buildings always need to face south.

well, that ruins my plans of having the able sisters like it is the animal crossing movie, then :cautious:

it's okay, though... i think i can make it work out, though...

I recently got Marina's Photo, and I was sure it was put into storage, but now it's gone. I don't remember selling it, but it's nowhere to be found, not on my island or in my house.

The only villager who ever gave me 2 of his photo has been Hamlet, and he's been here for months longer than Marina, so... :(

terraforming gets annoying sometimes and wish there were more options to it like you can build up to three levels but can't go on the third block

Ugh. CJ is here and of course I have 2 copies of 3 different fish instead of 3 copies of 2 fish. No model for me today.

Edit: Thank goodness for Dabs. Easy to find 3 of them and better than getting a Black Bass or Sea Bass model.

Last edited:
I finally had Leif in my town; wanted to stock up. The K.K. concert required to unlock terraforming was today, the song/cutscene played out. Now Leif is gone and there's just an empty plaza. I'm hoping he'll reappear, but I assume K.K.'s appearance albeit temporary counts as an event and overwrites Leif's appearance.

Back