• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Also, I wonder how many HHP houses there are that we can design? I don't wanna rush my HHP game just for the villager customization thing, I feel if I rush it I'll end up having nothing left to do in HHP. 😭
if it's anything like happy home designer (which it seems to be a lot like), every single villager character will have their own unique request, so about 400😱 so don't worry too much about running out!!

Some of the new sets seem a bit shallow. I miss the old mush set from new leaf. New sets like the glowing moss one look great, but I'd like have a full matching themed room set, that isn't the mermaid one. Lamps, table, bed, wardrobe, chairs, tv, and such. I haven't seen all of the returning items.

People been complaining about burn out and now (hopefully not the same) people are rushing and TTing thru the new update to get everything unlocked ASAP lol.

I'm afraid that it won't take long before big parts of the fandom start complaining again 😅

That in itself isn't necessarily a big bother, but what does annoy me immensely is that people are spoiling left and right without warning so I'll have to avoid a lot of online play for now which is to bad.

(To all the people who actually do use spoiler warnings: thanks so much 🙏)

if it's anything like happy home designer (which it seems to be a lot like), every single villager character will have their own unique request, so about 400😱 so don't worry too much about running out!!
Oh in that case, that’s amazing! I never did a super lot in HHD so I didn’t know each villager would have a request, here’s to hoping there’s a lot of HHP content as well!

I adore this update so much, and I'm currently addicted to the game again, but I guess I'll be wondering forever why they still left out easy-to implement things that people have been asking for, especially since they added some things people have been asking for... maybe they just don't want this game to have everything? Maybe they want us to keep going back to New Leaf? (After experiencing these new features and massively improved graphics, no way)

Maybe it's a problem with me that it feels icky to not have all the best features all in one game? I don't know...

just some small things about the update.

> hate that we still can't store plants. not even just flowers or bushes. it's pretty annoying. you could do it in NL, so why not here? it's great that they added DIY storage, but as someone who doesn't hoard those, plants were a higher storage priority for me.
> speaking of DIYs. i swear i read somewhere that you could reject recipes, but that's not been an option for me. wish it was. it's nothing game-breaking, but it is still a little inconvenient.
> [points to the rococo set] "look at how they massacred my girl!"
> echoing the windmill, lmao. what we got is definitely not what i'd call a windmill. can't believe we were robbed of the gorgeous cottagecore one from NL. i had a space planned for it and everything rip.

Don't get me wrong, I love the update, but I wish more was both brought back and added.
  • Have an island expansion, allow up to 15 villagers to live on your island like Population Growing did.
  • This one is obvious, but a shop upgrade for Timmy and Tommy!
  • Being able to customize exteriors of buildings on our islands. (Not sure if this is included from HHP; I know eventually you can customize the exterior of villager's houses.)
  • Bring back Celeste's observatory!!!
  • Bring back more villagers from Animal Forest/Population Growing that never made a return!
  • Lighthouse duty. We can have lighthouses, let us have to work in them at times! That was a fun little thing to do in Population Growing.
  • Ask villagers for jobs at anytime, again, just like in Population Growing. While the update seems to have made villagers ask for favors much more often now, it still can take a bit to be asked. It's a great way to grow friendship levels too!
  • Have Flea Market Saturdays again! That was so much fun and a great way to earn bells.
  • Have options for how bug and fishing tournaments run. Either have them run the way they do now, or have them run how they did in previous games, where you could compete with your villagers.
  • Do things in multiples. Craft multiple items at once, drop multiple items at once, store multiple items at once, etc.
  • Bring back journals! That was extremely fun to do in Population Growing.
  • We have beaches and all, why can't our villagers play volleyball or something like that? It'd, again, be similar and more "advanced" to how there were balls we could kick in Population Growing.
  • I was honestly disappointed that our villagers can't swim or play in the ocean after the diving update last July.
  • Bring back old furniture sets, as well as have new ones.
  • Bring back old TV shows as well as keep the new ones.
I know I am mentioning Population Growing a lot. Don't get me wrong, I love New Horizons. But instead of taking things away, why don't they bring back even more stuff that hasn't been seen by new players and ones that were loved by veteran players? And on top of that, bring more new stuff as well?

Does Luna actually remind you every time you go to her now that you can search dream addresses by name now? Or will she stop after a day? If not I've just gone through a few addresses today but it's already getting old lol

Don't get me wrong, I love the update, but I wish more was both brought back and added.
  • Have an island expansion, allow up to 15 villagers to live on your island like Population Growing did.
  • This one is obvious, but a shop upgrade for Timmy and Tommy!
  • Being able to customize exteriors of buildings on our islands. (Not sure if this is included from HHP; I know eventually you can customize the exterior of villager's houses.)
  • Bring back Celeste's observatory!!!
  • Bring back more villagers from Animal Forest/Population Growing that never made a return!
  • Lighthouse duty. We can have lighthouses, let us have to work in them at times! That was a fun little thing to do in Population Growing.
  • Ask villagers for jobs at anytime, again, just like in Population Growing. While the update seems to have made villagers ask for favors much more often now, it still can take a bit to be asked. It's a great way to grow friendship levels too!
  • Have Flea Market Saturdays again! That was so much fun and a great way to earn bells.
  • Have options for how bug and fishing tournaments run. Either have them run the way they do now, or have them run how they did in previous games, where you could compete with your villagers.
  • Do things in multiples. Craft multiple items at once, drop multiple items at once, store multiple items at once, etc.
  • Bring back journals! That was extremely fun to do in Population Growing.
  • We have beaches and all, why can't our villagers play volleyball or something like that? It'd, again, be similar and more "advanced" to how there were balls we could kick in Population Growing.
  • I was honestly disappointed that our villagers can't swim or play in the ocean after the diving update last July.
  • Bring back old furniture sets, as well as have new ones.
  • Bring back old TV shows as well as keep the new ones.
I know I am mentioning Population Growing a lot. Don't get me wrong, I love New Horizons. But instead of taking things away, why don't they bring back even more stuff that hasn't been seen by new players and ones that were loved by veteran players? And on top of that, bring more new stuff as well?
Also you cannot use Room Size on your main island after you unlock the feature to customize villager homes. You can't even use it while customizing the villager homes. Seriously? I don't know what they were thinking.

Being able to customize exteriors of buildings on our islands. (Not sure if this is included from HHP; I know eventually you can customize the exterior of villager's houses.)
This is included with the DLC :)

Bring back old furniture sets, as well as have new ones.
Multiple old sets have returned, along side many new items as well.
The 2 old sets I can think of off the top of my head are sloppy and rococo (renamed elegant)

But instead of taking things away, why don't they bring back even more stuff that hasn't been seen by new players and ones that were loved by veteran players? And on top of that, bring more new stuff as well?
To be fair, there is only so much you can reasonably expect a game to have.
I cant imagine how much more work it would have been, and how much more money they would have had to pay to make, a game with all the old stuff from the old titles (having to make every item from scratch, and implement all the features), while at the same time trying to make all the new stuff as well.

It would be kinda like wanting the next Mario game to hold all the levels from the previous titles but remade in HD, while adding lots of new stages.

I think they hit the nail on the head with this update. Lots of old items and features have returned, and we got new ones as well.

This is included with the DLC :)

Multiple old sets have returned, along side many new items as well.
The 2 old sets I can think of off the top of my head are sloppy and rococo (renamed elegant)

To be fair, there is only so much you can reasonably expect a game to have.
I cant imagine how much more work it would have been, and how much more money they would have had to pay to make, a game with all the old stuff from the old titles (having to make every item from scratch, and implement all the features), while at the same time trying to make all the new stuff as well.

It would be kinda like wanting the next Mario game to hold all the levels from the previous titles but remade in HD, while adding lots of new stages.

I think they hit the nail on the head with this update. Lots of old items and features have returned, and we got new ones as well.
My point and personal opinion is that, they're only readding certain furniture sets, whereas in previous games, almost all of them were carried over to the next entry, plus new ones got added. Again, this is my personal opinion. Adding only a few out of all of the previous sets we had is underwhelming to me.

The same applies to everything else I said. They were able to do quite a lot back in previous games as well in terms of bringing old and new. This is a rant thread, so it's my personal opinion about what I would've liked to see and what I felt is underwhelming, it's not exactly supposed to be a debate. :)

My point and personal opinion is that, they're only reading certain furniture sets, whereas in previous games, almost all of them were carried over to the next entry, plus new ones got added. Again, this is my personal opinion. Adding only a few out of all of the previous sets we had is underwhelming to me.

The same applies to everything else I said. This is a rant thread, so it's my personal opinion about what I would've liked to see and what I felt is underwhelming, it's not exactly supposed to be a debate. :)
Yes in games with very poor graphics so items are quick and easy to make :p

And im not debating, just pointing out that it will never happen as the work required is too much on their end

People been complaining about burn out and now (hopefully not the same) people are rushing and TTing thru the new update to get everything unlocked ASAP lol.

I'm afraid that it won't take long before big parts of the fandom start complaining again 😅

That in itself isn't necessarily a big bother, but what does annoy me immensely is that people are spoiling left and right without warning so I'll have to avoid a lot of online play for now which is to bad.

(To all the people who actually do use spoiler warnings: thanks so much 🙏)

Yeah, I know how you feel there. I also got burnout from NH, but it was never from TTing since I've only ever TTed to "catch up" by going back to days I could not play and getting myself back to the current time. My burnout from NH was because I was bored and felt like there wasn't enough to do. Been taking my time with 2.0/HHP myself. I'm FINALLY getting the cafe unlocked today. I've also only been decorating a few houses per day in HHP.

It has shocked me to see there's people who have rushed through the number of houses/buildings you need in HHP to unlock everything. I do get it in a way, because then you can have more decoration freedom. But I do wonder if some (I know not all) will burn out because of their excitement rush.

Does Luna actually remind you every time you go to her now that you can search dream addresses by name now? Or will she stop after a day? If not I've just gone through a few addresses today but it's already getting old lol
I don't dream that much. Maybe a few times since it's been implemented, but bloated and repeated text is something that all of the npc do. Flick, CJ, and Saharah are the worst offenders. They could easily make shortened versions of Orville's airlines options/dialogue and make Isabelle's announcements able to be skipped unless its something truly new.

Reactions: Bui
You know I realized they added only two apps to our Nookphone. The Life 101 app and the Happy Home Network. Thats pretty much it. I really was hoping they would improve the Nookphone by adding a "Settings" app and a "Phonebook" app but they didn't. Come on Nintendo.....

Back