• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

I don’t like how some of the items from NL/HHD were redesigned such as this one counter top, sloppy set, to name a few and we also cannot use clothing to customize it. I don’t like any of the patterns that sable gave us enough to customize my furniture with it..

Don’t get me wrong. I am extremely happy with the update. Just disappointed with how some of the items’ color options and redone design.

I love the abundance of new items, but I can't help but be sad at how many items are in pocket camp but didn't get moved over. I haven't played pocket camp in probably over a year yet I can easily remember a handful of items I would've loved to see!

I wish we could interact with the outside items, such as merry go round, hot tub, etc.

Just found out that the gyroids don't animate outside. Disappointing.

The Kappn island is effectively just a bigger mystery island. Also disappointing.

Biggest rant though is that Nintendo appear to be calling it a day on ACNH given v2.0 was the last big update. It does still seem an incomplete game.

I agree with this. I don’t want to make fake sets that I can’t use, what is the point of the merry go round, ferris wheel, etc. It’s just sitting there! If the villagers could use it I would build it.

I also agree on Kappn‘s island.
once Harvey’s island is completed I think it could feel stale again. I still wish Tortimer had a better role.

One thing I’m disappointed about is with the new dlc, it doesn’t matter how you decorate Providing you use the required two or three items. It doesn’t matter if those items are just thrown in the middle of the room and aren’t functional, the client will still love it amd you will get maximum profit.

I found out the hard way when asked to decorate a restaurant and I wanted to end the game but the game insisted I do the restaurant. I just did the bare minimum with the essential furniture, didn’t change the decor and the tables and chairs weren’t together and Every one thought it was brilliant!

I agree with this. I don’t want to make fake sets that I can’t use, what is the point of the merry go round, ferris wheel, etc. It’s just sitting there! If the villagers could use it I would build it.

I also agree on Kappn‘s island.
once Harvey’s island is completed I think it could feel stale again. I still wish Tortimer had a better role.

One thing I’m disappointed about is with the new dlc, it doesn’t matter how you decorate Providing you use the required two or three items. It doesn’t matter if those items are just thrown in the middle of the room and aren’t functional, the client will still love it amd you will get maximum profit.

I found out the hard way when asked to decorate a restaurant and I wanted to end the game but the game insisted I do the restaurant. I just did the bare minimum with the essential furniture, didn’t change the decor and the tables and chairs weren’t together and Every one thought it was brilliant!
To be fair, designing is kind of like art in a way where it's so abstract and everyone has different styles/tastes/methods that developing some kind of "good design" recognition is kind of impossible.

Can also be a slippery slope and easily lead to "this is the only right way to design".

Anyone else kinda really hate the music? (I'm also including ACNL in this) I really really like the weird sounds they used in the GC game, the meows and random barks made the game feel so unique and weird. I think something that's missing from this game is that it's.... Weird.... Probably because I'm old but I miss the random things you can do in GC being thrown in with random stuff happening around you when it wants to is great. Now everything is happening when YOU want it to, for example the stretching thing, I thought it was going to be like that exercise session in GC that happens really early in the morning but no.... Whenever YOU want to do it.... That's probably why so many people feel like the villagers are just there to look pretty the old ones did things when THEY wanted to! YOU moved in to THEIR town.
I didn't like the direction everything was going with you being the mayor in NL, now you're basically god LOL.

To be fair, designing is kind of like art in a way where it's so abstract and everyone has different styles/tastes/methods that developing some kind of "good design" recognition is kind of impossible.

Can also be a slippery slope and easily lead to "this is the only right way to design".
That’s fair but when I was made to just throw it in any way and the game didn’t care that say the stove wasn’t accessible that’s weird to me. It’s like the wedding event. It didn’t matter there if your design was impractical and didn’t make sense it still scored lots of points.
Post automatically merged:

Anyone else kinda really hate the music? (I'm also including ACNL in this) I really really like the weird sounds they used in the GC game, the meows and random barks made the game feel so unique and weird. I think something that's missing from this game is that it's.... Weird.... Probably because I'm old but I miss the random things you can do in GC being thrown in with random stuff happening around you when it wants to is great. Now everything is happening when YOU want it to, for example the stretching thing, I thought it was going to be like that exercise session in GC that happens really early in the morning but no.... Whenever YOU want to do it.... That's probably why so many people feel like the villagers are just there to look pretty the old ones did things when THEY wanted to! YOU moved in to THEIR town.
I didn't like the direction everything was going with you being the mayor in NL, now you're basically god LOL.

I like New leaf music but I hate NH music. Well I tell a lie, I like 5am but I’m not getting up that early!

i love the game cube music too! My favourite is wild world.

I agree with what you mean about how the game feels different when you became the mayor. I love new leaf, I have multiple towns and I play daily but I definitely prefer having to join the villagers community and you being equal. I even still play the older games for that reason. In New horizons I feel like the villagers serve for my benefit. They don’t have any agency or will of their own it feels like.

I think this game is simply suffering from untapped potential. Nintendo clearly wants to move the series into a more customization kinda game, almost like Sims, while neglecting the core of what made the series truly special: interacting with your villagers.

If the game were to balance these two ideas out in a future game, not only would that please both types of Animal Crossing players, but it would also likely become the best game in the series.

This game just feels off because normally you'd come back to interact with villagers that you worked to build relationships with, and now you come back to customize everything.

I'd honestly just be fine with a future game that got a villager re-work. Give them more than the 20 or so lines they repeat over and over. And have us work for that friendship, instead of my cranky villager praising me the day we meet!

I don’t like when I invite a villager with an amiibo card and they ask for something I can’t make. I had invited Kevin two times last week and was hoping I could just make something quick so I didn’t have to continue island hopping to fill the empty plot. I don’t have what I need to make stacked bottle crates. Back to island hopping I go.

I really don't get Nintendo and some of the decisions they made in this game. They added so many new items to the game yet they refuse to upgrade Nook's Cranny. Is it too much to ask for a bigger shop that can hold many more items? I hate to bring this up again, but New Leaf's upgrade Nook Shop is so much better than only one upgrade.

Also when they added the new Exterior decorating tool in Happy Home Paradise, I was shocked in a good way that it was so much better to use than if you were terraforming your island. This is something that they should done with the terraforming making it more easier to use and not be so sluggish and slow pace. Just why can't we not do this on our island? It doesn't make any logical sense.

Finally and this was something that really made me mad was that you cannot even expand your room size in your own home on your island. Even when you unlock the feature to customize villager homes on your island you cannot use room size. I just don't get the thinking behind this. Why would you limit all these great features from a DLC and just not add it into the main game? Let me be clear I am loving the DLC and the new content is great, but if there was one thing I don't agree with is locking features behind a DLC and not carrying it over to the main game.

I really don't get Nintendo and some of the decisions they made in this game. They added so many new items to the game yet they refuse to upgrade Nook's Cranny. Is it too much to ask for a bigger shop that can hold many more items? I hate to bring this up again, but New Leaf's upgrade Nook Shop is so much better than only one upgrade.

This was the one addition I was shocked didn't return for 2.0. Having a three story Nook's Cranny again would be awesome. This is a good example of how Nintendo's priorities with the series are changing. Progression is much more cosmetic based in this game as opposed to establishing a rich, bustling town.

On a side note, I've always been disappointed on the lack of Pelly and Phyllis. Those two got replaced by a piece of wood in the airport lol. But Pete has no excuse. Was it too much for him to walk around the island occasionally while delivering mail?

gotta say i really hate the way that lazy villagers are written in this game, theyre my favorite type and usually the most relatable but i find it so weird they talk about chatting with bugs or seeing you in their dreams and it just kinda seems odd and lowkey creepy than it does cute or head spacey like they used to be :(

I don’t like when I invite a villager with an amiibo card and they ask for something I can’t make. I had invited Kevin two times last week and was hoping I could just make something quick so I didn’t have to continue island hopping to fill the empty plot. I don’t have what I need to make stacked bottle crates. Back to island hopping I go.

Don't accept the request, and invite him again the next day, he will then ask something else.

Back