The Best/Worst Movie you've ever seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeohkei said:
Mino said:
Mino said:
Yeohkei said:
What's so wrong with the Star Wars prequels? Episode III was one of the best, but Episode VI was really good too. I just don't understand you english people. :/
I'm... not English?

Before I tell you why the prequels were *censored.2.0*, I have to first ask how old you are.
I see you're 16. I thought there was a chance that you were a 12-year-old who grew up with the prequels somehow. <.<

The prequels are awful because they're awful. Awful acting, a convoluted plot that's main purpose seemed to be to shove in as many references as possible to the original trilogy. Lucas traded any semblance of a story or interesting character development for flashy special effects. They were so transparently a cash-in by George Lucas who felt bad that Titanic had dethroned Star Wars at the top of the box office records.

You know what, just watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/v/FxKtZmQgxrI
That's part one of seven, there's also a review of the second prequel.
I only liked the third episode and I saw the sequels first.
So wait, you asked what was wrong with the Star Wars prequels, despite only seeing one of them?

Mino said:
Yeohkei said:
Mino said:
Mino said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I see you're 16. I thought there was a chance that you were a 12-year-old who grew up with the prequels somehow. <.<

The prequels are awful because they're awful. Awful acting, a convoluted plot that's main purpose seemed to be to shove in as many references as possible to the original trilogy. Lucas traded any semblance of a story or interesting character development for flashy special effects. They were so transparently a cash-in by George Lucas who felt bad that Titanic had dethroned Star Wars at the top of the box office records.

You know what, just watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/v/FxKtZmQgxrI
That's part one of seven, there's also a review of the second prequel.
I only liked the third episode and I saw the sequels first.
So wait, you asked what was wrong with the Star Wars prequels, despite only seeing one of them?
I've seen all of them if that's what you mean... And I like all of them, but episode III was the best of them.

Schnookumnookum said:
Fabioisonfire said:
Are you guys *censored.3.0*ing high with your best movie choices? *censored.3.0*.

The best movie of all time is The Shining (1980). And the worst film I've seen would have to be a tie between MacGruber (2010) and Twilight (2008).
That's just your opinion. People have different tastes in movies.
It's actually not an opinion.

Twilight RT %: 50
MacGruber RT %: 48

I'm guessing you're a typical teeny-bopping Twilight fan?

Fabioisonfire said:
Schnookumnookum said:
Fabioisonfire said:
Are you guys *censored.3.0*ing high with your best movie choices? *censored.3.0*.

The best movie of all time is The Shining (1980). And the worst film I've seen would have to be a tie between MacGruber (2010) and Twilight (2008).

*Puts on ignore list*

Schnookumnookum said:
Fabioisonfire said:
Schnookumnookum said:
Fabioisonfire said:

*Puts on ignore list*
ANYTHING BUT THAT!

Also, I'll take that as a 'yes,'.

Fabioisonfire said:
Schnookumnookum said:
Fabioisonfire said:

Rotten tomatoes ratings are basically peoples' opinions then take their ratings (opinions) and make a mean.

HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:
Schnookumnookum said:
Fabioisonfire said:

Rotten tomatoes ratings are basically peoples' opinions then take their ratings (opinions) and make a mean.
Those people are paid to give their opinion, and by the mean, it's taking a majority.

Fabioisonfire said:
HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:
Schnookumnookum said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepThe Shining (1980). And the worst film I've seen would have to be a tie between MacGruber (2010) and Twilight

Those people are paid to give their opinion, and by the mean, it's taking a majority.
It still doesn't make it a fact.

Best:Finding Nemo or Monsters Inc.
Worst:Twlight series

oh and the whole Star Wars Thing our opinions our different get over it! and if you were wondering I liked the whole Star Wars series :p

HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:
HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepThe Shining (1980). And the worst film I've seen would have to be a tie between MacGruber (2010) and Twilight
OH OKAY MR. SMART ASS, LET ME CLARIFY;

THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WHO ARE PAID TO REVIEW MOVIES THINK TWILIGHT AND MACGRUBER SUCK A rooster.

Fabioisonfire said:
HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:
HeartGold said:

THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WHO ARE PAID TO REVIEW MOVIES THINK TWILIGHT AND MACGRUBER SUCK A rooster.
It still doesn't make it a fact just because people are paid to state their opinions.

HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:
HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:

It still doesn't make it a fact just because people are paid to state their opinions.
OKAY I'LL RE-CLARIFY;

IT ISN'T JUST MY OPINION BUT HUNDREDS OF OTHER PROFESSIONAL MOVIE CRITICS.

Happy, *censored.3.0* face?

HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:
HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:

Christ, you're being obtuse. He never said it was a fact, but what is a fact is that the majority of people who reviewed the movie thought that it was *censored.2.0*.

Best movie: I dunno. Seen too many movies.
Worst movie: (Somebody is going to kill me for this, but....) Avatar

Fabioisonfire said:
HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:
HeartGold said:

OKAY I'LL RE-CLARIFY;

No need to get all pissy and butthurt about it.

HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:
HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:
OKAY I'LL RE-CLARIFY;

No need to be ignorant, and stuborn about it.
You literally took everything he wrote, let pass through your ears, and through it out the window.
You didnt even consider what he said and just restated your previous statement.

And Fabs is right, it isnt fact, but its a face that the majority of hundreds of movie critics say it sucks.
So that means it will probably does suck, and if it doesnt, most people think it does.

ipodawesum said:
HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:
HeartGold said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepThe Shining (1980). And the worst film I've seen would have to be a tie between MacGruber (2010) and Twilightstill doesn't make it a fact just because people are paid to state their opinions.
OKAY I'LL RE-CLARIFY;

You literally took everything he wrote, let pass through your ears, and through it out the window.

And Fabs is right, it isnt fact, but its a face that the majority of hundreds of movie critics say it sucks.
So that means it will probably does suck, and if it doesnt, most people think it does.
You're an idiot. I realized what he said, and I told it still didn't change the fact that just because hundreds of people say it's a bad movie doesn't make it a fact. Get your head out of your ass and think before you post.

HeartGold said:
ipodawesum said:
HeartGold said:
Fabioisonfire said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepThe Shining (1980). And the worst film I've seen would have to be a tie between MacGruber (2010) and Twilightstill

You're an idiot. I realized what he said, and I told it still didn't change the fact that just because hundreds of people say it's a bad movie doesn't make it a fact. Get your head out of your ass and think before you post.
It seems to me like you're arguing an entirely different (and irrelevant) point. Why is it that any argument here devolves into a back-and-forth about the nature of opinions? Can't we move past such basic non-issues?

Mino said:
HeartGold said:
ipodawesum said:
HeartGold said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepThe Shining (1980). And the worst film I've seen would have to be a tie between MacGruber (2010) and Twilightstill

It seems to me like you're arguing an entirely different (and irrelevant) point. Why is it that any argument here devolves into a back-and-forth about the nature of opinions? Can't we move past such basic non-issues?
Alright, hopefully Fabio stops too.

HeartGold said:
Mino said:
HeartGold said:
ipodawesum said:
Alright, hopefully Fabio stops too.
Fabio is not the one bringing up pointless things like "that's your opinion" and the idea that a movie can't be objectively good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back