• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

This is the error shown: This is what's shown in chrome's dev tools/inspector: This is the gif:
Post automatically merged:

@neoratz i've tried to edit the gif down to be as small of a file size as possible without looking like complete trash
do you happen to still have the original un-edited gif? i managed to get it to work, but it's still got that static-y issue:
ezgif.com-gif-maker (52).gif

i think your main problem is the high frame count. generally, i would avoid using gifs with more than 40 frames. the original framecount was 102, so i cut it down to 32 and made it smaller in ezgif. the weird static look won't be too visible in forum posts, but it will be obvious on your profile (especially because this is under the recommended minimum size, it is 200x200)

if you have the un-edited version i can try to make it look prettier!

ahhh, ok. here's the unedited version (made it a square + shorter length)
it looks like TBT converted your picture to a png! :P the cropped picture will be easier for me to work with if you have specifically the one that is cropped but un-optimized! (sorry i didn't specify that)

Yeah, I had the same problem before when using animated avatars on 3.0. If the image is already under 2mb, then it’s most likely the frame count that needs to be cut down. It’s unfortunate because there’s definitely some longer animations that I’d like to use, but it is what it is.

I think this is a site question...? I understand what ungifted and gifted means but what does "voided" mean?

I think this is a site question...? I understand what ungifted and gifted means but what does "voided" mean?
This is my very basic understanding!

Voided means that a villager has moved out completely without being adopted by someone else. After a villager moves out, they go into “the void”. If you play with other people, and they decide later to get the same villager that has moved out of your island, there’s a chance that the villager they invite to their island will be the villager that left your island. Otherwise, that villager just stays in the void forever.

E.g. Raymond is living on my island, but he asks to leave and I agree. When he is in boxes, nobody comes to adopt him. The day after he moves out, he’s in the void. A few days later my in-game friend decides to adopt Raymond from a mystery island, and when Raymond moves in, he mentions that he came from my island.

If someone mentions that a villager has been voided, it just means that they’ve left their island without being adopted by someone else.

Hopefully that makes sense! 😊

I hope this is the right place to ask.
I tried posting my wishlist link but it comes up with an error (URI too long)
EX: Wishlist
is there a way to fix this? or do i need to use a different site?
Thanks!

I hope this is the right place to ask.
I tried posting my wishlist link but it comes up with an error (URI too long)
EX: Wishlist
is there a way to fix this? or do i need to use a different site?
Thanks!
this seems to be an error with catalogue.ac instead of TBT, is there another place on the page where you can copy the link to your wishlist? it might not like you copying directly from the URL bar (if that's what you're doing)

you could also try recreating your wishlist on a different item database, like https://villagerdb.com/

this seems to be an error with catalogue.ac instead of TBT, is there another place on the page where you can copy the link to your wishlist? it might not like you copying directly from the URL bar (if that's what you're doing)

you could also try recreating your wishlist on a different item database, like https://villagerdb.com/
thanks you! I'll try the villagerdb :)

Could you please add the December Birthstone to the shop? I would like to buy one with a certain date which is coming up very soon 🥺

Would really appreciated if you could add it to the shop...
I wanted to get an August birthstone for my son's birthday on the 8th this year, and it wasn't added in time. ☹ since I want his to be the oldest one for my plan, I have to wait until next August before buying the September and March ones that I want too. It's a shame birthstones can't be automated to appear in the shop on the first of each month, but I know the staff all volunteer their time here, so I understand.

I wanted to get an August birthstone for my son's birthday on the 8th this year, and it wasn't added in time. ☹ since I want his to be the oldest one for my plan, I have to wait until next August before buying the September and March ones that I want too. It's a shame birthstones can't be automated to appear in the shop on the first of each month, but I know the staff all volunteer their time here, so I understand.
It’s a shame they can’t be automatically added. I don’t think that’s possible, though.

It’s a shame they can’t be automatically added. I don’t think that’s possible, though.
Honestly, they should just add all Birthstones to the shop and make them available all year if it's too stressful to add them at the beginning of each new month so people can buy them at any time and don't have to worry to miss them at a certain date. I get it, the staff has a private life too, then again Birthstones with certain dates becoming as rare as the freaking Weird Doll as this point and it's sucks. Not even looking at the TBT Marketplace helps if nobody has/got them. 🙄 And waiting till next year makes me personally losing interests in collectibles all together if it's becoming that hard to even get a actually common collectible now...

for future reference, Ive seen other people send a message to Jeremy at the first day of a month asking if he could stock the new birthstone and he usually does it immediately. if you remind him it'll likely get done faster. but if you don't then he may forget. sorry you have to wait so long for the next one. :(

edit: sending a PM in Ask The Staff may work better, and I think both Jeremy and Oblivia can do it since they're admins.

for future reference, Ive seen other people send a message to Jeremy at the first day of a month asking if he could stock the new birthstone and he usually does it immediately. if you remind him it'll likely get done faster. but if you don't then he may forget. sorry you have to wait so long for the next one. :(

edit: sending a PM in Ask The Staff may work better, and I think both Jeremy and Oblivia can do it since they're admins.
I actually had tagged two people in the restocks thread about it on two separate days, but never got a reply. It's okay, it was a bummer, but certainly didn't lose sleep over it.

I actually had tagged two people in the restocks thread about it on two separate days, but never got a reply. It's okay, it was a bummer, but certainly didn't lose sleep over it.
that sucks though. I'm honestly surprised you couldn't even get one as late as August 8th. that's over a week after the month began. maybe the staff can address this sometime.

Hello there! :)
Hum, I have a question, please. One of my threads has been moved elsewhere and I don't understand why? It was a thread about pokémonities posted in the Pokémon Center section, which I thought was fitting. I won't argue the decision, I just want to understand what was wrong.
*(Let me know if this is something that should rather be asked in private, and I'll edit this comment).

Back