• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The MoonGlow Report: Issue #02

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
The MoonGlow Report is back for more stories. Imagine a winter where a convenience store opens while the best fruit trees can grow. Imagine a winter where you can make friends by talking to ghosts. Imagine a winter where your best friend comes to visit you and help on landscaping. If you cannot imagine any of that, you are about to see the reports from the second week.

--Day 8: Andrea's 24th Birthday--

View attachment 236900

The first day of the second week began when Anchovy came to Andrea's house, wishing her a happy birthday. He lead her to his home, as she wishes for more Bells to work on her town, and gets a Bunk Bed as her present. It was Andrea's 24th birthday. She started her management as a 23-year old woman, and turned 24 the week after she started. After the party, she got back to work.

The first thing she did was that she paid off her second debt, allowing Tom Nook to expand her house once more, maxing out the main room. After that, she went to donate the third set of fish, which were:

• Bluegill
  • Popeyed Goldfish
  • Goldfish
  • Oarfish
  • Coelacanth
  • Blowfish
  • Koi
  • Freshwater Goby
  • Football Fish
In addition, Andrea caught a Pill Bug and a Mole Cricket.

Also on the same day, Kaylee came to visit Andrea in MoonGlow for the second time. She given her a diving suit, a few shrubs, and planted banana trees on the beach south of the river. She also cut down the remaining trees on the south side of the river to help Andrea indicate where she can grow perfect apple trees.

--Day 9: Main Room maxed out--

View attachment 236901

The good news is that Andrea's house was expanded to a larger house. But the bad news is that an area planned to be a wall of shrubs and perfect apple trees was damaged by Gruff's house plot. If I didn't plan on having animals south of the river, this would've angered me even more. I was going to grow the hollies between the perfect apple trees, but I couldn't do it since Gruff plotted his house there. Worse yet, some hybrids were killed and two of the apple trees were removed. I should've used path patterns to block plots, but I didn't know this was going to happen.

I also focused on catching a bee. I got stung three times, caught two. Fortunately, Kaylee brought some medicine for Andrea while dropping off the shrubs on her birthday. What I noticed is that bee catching is much easier than it was before the update. Especially if compared to Wild World or even the GameCube Version. I also got a PWP suggestion from Roscoe, who suggested a Zen Garden, and donated Hunters in the Snow (a painting) to the Museum. Last, but not least, I used the amiibo villager feature for the first time. I placed path patterns everywhere in town to block the villager from plotting her house in those spots while clearing the path patterns I planned to put her house in.

--Day 10: Visitor's Day--

View attachment 236902

Gruff has moved in while another villager plotted her house somewhere south of the river. This time, it was Goldie, and she got it in the exact spot I planned on putting her in.

In terms of interior designing, I changed the layout of the room once more, and planned out what to put in the middle of the room. What I had was one of each item of the Gorgeous Series, as well as the ABD I got from Kaylee, trash bin, Isabelle's pic, the amiibo lamp, and the instruction manual. What I needed was:

• Another Gorgeous Stool
  • Another Gorgeous Lamp
  • Another Gorgeous Table
  • Four Gorgeous Seats
  • A billboard
  • Two cupcakes
  • Two end tables
  • Two house plants
  • A TV
  • A music player
  • Video game units
Out of all the items I needed, I was able to get a Gorgeous Lamp from another visitor, as I got a handful of items from Kaylee (my other player). I got a turntable, two exotic tables, two cacao trees, a standing TV, a 3DS XL, and some music. I also brought over the floor lights, carpets, and wallpaper for Andrea's house once it maxes out. In addition, I dropped 500,000 more Bells for Andrea's future projects as the previous was spent on bridges and campsites.

I also got a PWP suggestion from Deirdre on building a Wisteria Trellis and donated a Mammoth Skull to the Museum.

--Day 11: Last day for Nookling Junction--

View attachment 236903

The amiibo lamp feature worked very well. Goldie moved into MoonGlow in the spot I wanted her in. She became the 5th villager to move into MoonGlow since Andrea took office and the 10th villager overall.

Not much progress was made that day. However, it was huge for Main Street. Timmy and Tommy announced that they are remodeling their store after enough Bells were spent. At the same time, Kick's Shoe Store begins construction, and the Able Sister's got a QR Code machine installed into their store.

My plans was that the maximum expansion of the Nooklings will be the convenience store. You know, it's possible to go far in ACNL by just sticking to one expansion, but it would be unrealistic to stick to Nookling Junction. You can't order from the catalog, no medicine or house coverings are being sold, and there's not much to be sold. Not to mention, but you can't even get Club LOL when this is your store. Fortunately, it was easier to remodel than the rest. Sticking to T&T Mart is fine, but you're gonna have to get wall items, music, and house plants from somewhere else if you want to go far. Since I have no plans deleting StarFall like I did to the previous two towns, I don't have to order from the catalog of T&T Mart when it opens.

--Day 12: Banana Trees fully grown--

View attachment 236904

On this day, Goldie is all set, as the Nookling Store is closed for remodeling. One thing I did was that I donated the Mammoth Torso to the Museum, thus finishing another fossil model. Another thing I did was that I checked on the banana trees on the south side of the river. None of them died in the process of growing, which is good news. I planted more banana trees on the eastern beach after.

After a few days of breaks from building more PWPs, it was time to get back to it. I received a PWP suggestion from Isabelle on building a Dream Suite, which is useless now, but will give my town an advantage in the future. I started and finished the fourth PWP, which was a street lamp. I built it near the bridge, which was planned to be in the middle where four perfect apple trees are aligned with the paths.

The last thing I did was use the amiibo lamp to request Prince into moving in. Using the amiibo feature, I requested to kick out Gruff, who plotted his house on the wall of perfect apple trees and shrubs. Hopefully, it would clear the plot so I can regrow the apple trees and plant the hollies.

--Day 13: T&T Mart opens--

View attachment 236905

Gruff has finally moved out, becoming the first villager to leave MoonGlow. I kinda felt bad doing this because he didn't even spend much time in my village, but I have no tolerance over plots damaging my town. He even left without warning or letters.

The amiibo trick somehow didn't make the situation any better. Because Prince also plotted his house where Gruff's house used to be, which is telling me that the expulsion of villagers isn't going to work if you're doing this to clear plots. But at least I learned something new by doing this.

When I went to the plaza, I noticed Katrina's tent was there. I went inside and got my second fortune read. I needed 20 of these before unlocking another PWP in the directory. I only got 2 after this.

The most significant event of the day was that T&T Mart, the second Nookling store, opens on Main Street. The part I liked best about it is how it's open even longer, especially on Night Owl ordinance. Not only that, but I seem to like convenience stores in reality.

Ironically, the shoe store was still in construction when T&T Mart opened. It began construction on the day Nookling Junction announced remodeling plans.

Another thing that finished construction was the street lamp along the river. I plan on having plenty of those in my town. StarFall did not have too many because I focused too much on the illuminated arts and other projects. Funny thing here is that the best looking streetlight IMO is the streetlight you have by default. A ceremony was hosted, as that path will be illuminated in all future nights.

Last, but not least, another fossil was donated, which was the skull of another ice age beast, the sabertooth tiger.

--Day 14: Club LOL Petitions--

View attachment 236906

The second week ended when Prince the lazy frog moved in after plotting his house. Also, another street lamp project began and ended, which was planned to be near Andrea's house. Moreover, I donated a Sabertooth Torso to the Museum, completing the third fossil model. It was also the last artifact from the first 10 artifacts Kaylee delivered on her first trip to MoonGlow.

More importantly, since T&T Mart, Shrunk came to Andrea's house, asking for petitions to build Club LOL. Like always, I had to get 6 signatures from the other villagers. The ones I collected were:

• Goldie
  • Mathilda
  • Puddles
  • Drift
  • Kyle
  • Gala
I gave the signature book to Shrunk when I was finished. Amazingly, Kick's Shoe Store opens on Main Street, giving Main Street one more attraction to visit.

--End of Article--

Attachments

• MoonGlow Report Day 008.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 008.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 129
  • MoonGlow Report Day 009.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 009.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 23
  • MoonGlow Report Day 010.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 010.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 23
  • MoonGlow Report Day 011.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 011.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 21
  • MoonGlow Report Day 012.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 012.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 23
  • MoonGlow Report Day 013.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 013.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 23
  • MoonGlow Report Day 014.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 014.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 22
The only thing I really have to say here is that you really need to be careful when villagers are moving into your town. I noticed that you are having issues with villagers mocing into spots that they souldn't be living in. My tip is that you need to put designs in as many locations on your map as possible; you may even have to move some flowers to put designs down. That is the only way you are going to keep villagers from moving into bad spots in your town.

I had to do that until I got my 10th dreamie. From there I didn't have to worry about ht because no new villagers would be moving in until I decide that I would like one of them to move so I can make room for a new dreamie.

Other than that, it seems that your town is still making very nice progress. The way I feel about it is still the same from last time. I suppose if you don't mind your new town "growing up too fast" then it's okay.

~
jDLGt6V.png

Back