• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The MoonGlow Report: Issue #06

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
It's time for the summary for Week 6 in MoonGlow's development and Andrea's life as a mayor. This week was a huge week for MoonGlow's development. Everyday except for Saturday, a new PWP was in the works. And more house payments and museum donations were being made.

--Day 36: MoonGlow Lighthouse completed--

View attachment 236916

Started and finished on Sunday, MoonGlow finally got a lighthouse. It was built in the southeastern corner of town, and is close to the waterfall. Not only that, but the lighthouse has its own mini-plaza too.

After the lighthouse was finished, Andrea continued to look for PWP suggestions to build. Roald, the same one that suggested the lighthouse, suggested that a video screen needed to be built. So the first project worked on after the lighthouse was the video screen, which was placed near Prince's house and in front of Town Hall. Andrea even finished the project funding on the day it started.

Lighthouses and advertising video billboards weren't the only things finished on the day. Even though the Fairground exhibition opened on the day the museum renovation took effect, this was the same day the Fairground exhibition was completed. And the first debt for the second floor room was finished too. Andrea asked for the top floor room to expand a little.

While many things were being finished on this day, the museum was far from completion. No exhibition was finished other than one of the custom exhibits. However, a fossil was donated that day, and it was the Trilobite. Also, Andrea caught a Whale Shark while beetle farming and shark harvesting on the island for more Bells.

--Day 37: Town Advertisement Screen built--

View attachment 236917

After the building of the Museum's 2nd floor and lighthouse, the video screen, which was planned to be in front of Town Hall, finished construction. At the same time, Andrea's top floor room expanded by a notch.

I would've paid off the second debt for the top floor, but I saw an Astro Exterior being sold (I'm buying these renovations because I want to complete a theme challenge for the golden ones). Therefore, I went for the exterior modification instead, and if the Astro Roof wasn't on sale, I would focus on expansion instead.

Just like the previous day, I got a new PWP suggestion and planned it in town immediately. This time, it was a wooden bench suggested by Cherry, and it was placed along a path on the south side of the river, being the only bench south of the river.

Like usual, I was donating fossils to the Museum on a daily basis. The Coprolite (aka Dino Droppings) was the next fossil to donate.

--Day 38: MoonGlow's first bench--

View attachment 236918

For the second day in a row, a PWP placed and funded on the same day as it was suggested was built. Now only a few PWPs on the south side remain. The Café Plaza is still empty, and no windmill is present.

Even though a wood bench was already built, Andrea planned another wood bench, and it was somewhere north of Town Hall. That project, as well as the second debt for the second floor room, were finished on the same day. Andrea orders her top floor room to expand to the max.

And once again, another fossil was being donated. It was the Archaeopteryx, an early bird.

--Day 39: Top Floor completed--

View attachment 236919

The top floor in Andrea's house was maxed out to an 8x8 room, just like the main room. Since it was big enough, everything that was previously in the main room were transferred to the top room, completing the penthouse room. But it left Andrea with another debt. And this one was the biggest debt she has ever seen since she moved in. Fortunately, she was able to pay it on the same day.

Meanwhile in town development, the second wood bench was built and celebrated like previous projects. MoonGlow is looking more complete every time she continues. The MoonGlow was a beneficial suggestion made by Cherry. Ever since she suggested it, wood benches started to appear in the town more. What did Andrea plan next? The answer is another wood bench, which is along the pond near the Re-Tail, just like in StarFall when Kaylee built benches.

She did get a PWP suggestion that day, but it was from someone you would not like. That would be Resetti. Yes, I did turn off the game just to say hi to him. But at least another major PWP suggestion came in.

Plus, Katrina was in town again. Andrea came in for her 7th fortune. On the island, she caught her 38th fish, which was the Ray.

--Day 40: Interior Design Seminar--

View attachment 236920

For the third consecutive day, a wood bench finished construction. The third one, like said before, was along the pond. So you can sit down and watch the pond at the same time. Oh, and the Re-Tail is right close to you if you feel like going inside.

The next project Andrea worked on isn't another wood bench like she did in the past three days. Instead, it was a park clock, which was going to be along the path to the Re-Tail too. A PWP suggestion she picked up was a Yield Sign, as suggested by Apollo. According to my plans, there is no room for street signs like this.

February 10th appears to be Stitches' birthday. Normally, I don't do birthdays, but I did give Stitches a birthday gift.

February 10th also marks the beginning of Andrea's deep sea diving quest, where she has to catch deep sea creatures to donate to the Museum. On this day, she caught 17 of them, which were (in order):

1. Ear Shell
  2. Horsehair Crab
  3. Turban Shell
  4. Seaweed
  5. Snow Crab
  6. Sea Star
  7. Red King Crab
  8. Sea Anemone
  9. Clam
  10. Pearl Oyster
  11. Abalone
  12. Sea Cucumber
  13. Mantis Shrimp
  14. Acorn Barnacle
  15. Sea Slug
  16. Lobster
  17. Sweet Shrimp
Of these 17 catches (which is more than half the entire Seafood Encyclopedia, only the first 10 were being donated, as well as the Peking Man fossil.

While the town was still under construction, Andrea's house got a secret storeroom built, which saves closet space. For a while, I had to deal with limited storage. But after the second floor room maxed out, I decided to get this with the cheapest house debt since the main room maxed out. I paid the debt immediately. And Lottie (the helper character of Happy Home Designer) taught Andrea how to move furniture quicker. She already knew how to do this for a long time, but this was her first time using it in ACNL.

Since the top floor had everything the bottom floor once had, Andrea was able to get help from Kaylee on decorating the main room. It was a desert room, which is based after the Inland Empire (a desert region in Southern California).

Oh, and she was given two badges that day. The first one was the Skilled Angler badge. The second one was the Seafood Maniac badge.

--Day 41: Fishing Tourney--

View attachment 236921

The second fishing tourney of the year took place on the day the park clock finished construction. Due to an event going on, I couldn't hold the ceremony on the same day. However, I did get to participate in the fishing tourney since it was a catch anything event. I gave Chip a stringfish, which was the biggest fish given during the event. So I got in first place.

Normally, I donate only one fossil a day. But this time, I donated two. The first one was the Shark Tooth. The other was the Fern Fossil. And even if all the animals were participating in the event, I did get a PWP suggestion. And this one was from Blathers, who suggested a Café.

While the park clock was finished, Andrea got another room added to her house. It was a small room on the left side of the house.

--Day 42: Project Café--

View attachment 236922

The week ended with a day that Andrea mostly focused on town development. She held a late ceremony for the park clock. After the ceremony, she planned and funded the third major PWP since she took office. It was the Café, and it was placed right where she planned it. Yep, February 12th was the day the Café Plaza began construction, starting with the Café. The Café Plaza took up the entire peninsula the river made after bending back and forth.

After the Café was finished with funds, Cherry suggested that a windmill should be built in town, 10 days after Roald suggested that a lighthouse should be built. Finally, an oyster was caught, becoming the 18th deep sea catch in the seafood encyclopedia.

--End of Article--

Attachments

• MoonGlow Report Day 036.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 036.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 206
  • MoonGlow Report Day 037.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 037.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 21
  • MoonGlow Report Day 038.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 038.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 24
  • MoonGlow Report Day 039.JPG