• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Most Immersion-Breaking, Unrealistic Thing About ACNL

I wish that villagers would actually talk to each other when they see each other. I'm lucky if I see one conversation in a week or two of playing irl. Most of the time my villagers just walk past each other and say nothing or even run INTO each other and still no conversation. And yet all of them talk about friendships between villagers that I haven't ever seen? It's strange to me.

Mine talk all the time!! It's so strange you don't see it happen more often.

How do trees and fruit grow in three days? Even in winter. The animals that don't have toilets must be fertilizing them.

How do trees and fruit grow in three days? Even in winter. The animals that don't have toilets must be fertilizing them.

That is some great headcanon right there! :p

Also how is it that I can fit a large fish (oarfish, ocean sunfish, shark) in a tank in my pockets? It's like Mary Poppins bag!

6Rd0LbP - Imgur.jpg
All of the villagers except Joey,Olaf and the superheroes seem to be going commando.....no pants,no undies,no nothin'.It's especially noticeable on the larger villagers like my big bears.Well,I suppose pants would be a hindrance to being able to unleash those "rare mushrooms".

Lol, in my town Pippy had a cold the day before the Winter Solstice, I gave her medicine, and she was cured the next day. One day cure! I assume it's programmed so because of the holiday (though, it's not an interact-with-villagers holiday like Halloween or Toy Day), but even so the Nooklings must have devised some sort of wonder drug!

well if you dye your hair the color stays forever, only your hair gets messy if you left the game for too long or if you time traveled

Last edited:
Hmm, probably the flowers that never wilt during the winter season and some of the ordinances. Villagers wearing the same type of clothing throughout the seasons, flowers/hybrids can grow on the beach, but all these are quite nice and less work to do

How are villagers and mayors not severely malnourished having only fruit, bamboo, and mushrooms to eat?

How come running causes dirt paths on the ground but digging holes does nothing?

Who plants the pitfall seeds every day? How do fossils know when to appear? Who buries the gyroids and why?

Where do the NPCs even live?

Who puts up/takes down pwps that can't do more than one a day? Does Isabelle do it alone?

Where does the town tune music come from when you talk to a villager?

Why can we buy clothes but not underwear?

Why does snow never gather on the beach?

How does furniture turn into a leaf?

And the animals might use toilets, but they don't have toilet paper!

The fact that the animals are so human like. They talk and walk, on two legs nevertheless, they fish and bug hunt using human tools. They have houses of their own and furniture. They buy and sell things and make money. Does this not scare you?
This could be our world 100 years from now!!

Lol, in my town Pippy had a cold the day before the Winter Solstice, I gave her medicine, and she was cured the next day. One day cure! I assume it's programmed so because of the holiday (though, it's not an interact-with-villagers holiday like Halloween or Toy Day), but even so the Nooklings must have devised some sort of wonder drug!

ya, merry was still sick on the meteor shower though ;-; i was sad she missed it

Huh. That's lucky. Kiki was sick around that time, but for the normal 3 days.

Who plants the pitfall seeds every day? How do fossils know when to appear? Who buries the gyroids and why?

My personal headcanon for this is that Isabelle is the one doing all of the overnight town preparations - burying pitfalls and gyroids, hiding coins and furniture in trees, possibly even burying un-assessed fossils.

I like to think that she does it to make our mayor happy and to make sure we have new things to discover every day. After all, she's such a good puppy! XD

My personal headcanon for this is that Isabelle is the one doing all of the overnight town preparations - burying pitfalls and gyroids, hiding coins and furniture in trees, possibly even burying un-assessed fossils.

I like to think that she does it to make our mayor happy and to make sure we have new things to discover every day. After all, she's such a good puppy! XD

Imagine Isabelle trying to climb a tree while holding a bed?
"The...mayor...better...shake...this tree...tomorrow..."

I never change them, so that could be why- I can't imagine never taking socks off for nearly 3 years though, that's a bit much...

It bothers me that no one ever HAS to eat or drink anything! Sometimes they ask for fruit out of laziness lol but you never have to cook for yourself and a lot of the kitchen stuff is non-functional xD

Back