• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Most Immersion-Breaking, Unrealistic Thing About ACNL

My personal headcanon for this is that Isabelle is the one doing all of the overnight town preparations - burying pitfalls and gyroids, hiding coins and furniture in trees, possibly even burying un-assessed fossils.

I like to think that she does it to make our mayor happy and to make sure we have new things to discover every day. After all, she's such a good puppy! XD

Someone made a comic of that:

be1904ba0ad995afdfdcd051688ea18b.jpg

My favorite thing is how the villagers, determined by Personality Category, adhere perfectly to the same schedule of going to sleep at particular times. (You can disrupt them if they are outside minutes before their scheduled sleep time.) And they always wake up for a new day right on schedule. (Oh, sure?some of them are still asleep, while standing up, shortly after their schedule awake times.)

It might sound a bit silly, but I honestly think the less realistic thing about ACNL is how little sleep do Normal Villagers get every night (only 6 hours, withhout any ordinances, and even less if we enable any of the schedule-changing ordinances). And the day after that, they're still in a good mood and ready for the day!

Something to do with player characters: where do they go when you log off? If I recall correctly, player characters could be found sleeping in bed in City Folk, but in New Leaf they're just gone when you log off. It would have been neat if you could find them in their houses when you're not controlling them.

This is one of those things that is mildly amusing when you first look, but the more you look at it, the more you LOL & when I say LOL I mean outright belly-laugh! :D

That's true! I didn't realise this until now, but I've thought about it for a second and it's really weird! xD

All these things everyone's mentioning... Now that I think about them, I'll never stop and they'll annoy me from here on out!

Kicks is my personal favorite ACNL character, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a magical warlock. A magical English warlock at that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It might sound a bit silly, but I honestly think the less realistic thing about ACNL is how little sleep do Normal Villagers get every night (only 6 hours, withhout any ordinances, and even less if we enable any of the schedule-changing ordinances). And the day after that, they're still in a good mood and ready for the day!

Normal villagers are actually evil & don't need much sleep.
That's my theory. I mean Coco is a normal villager so.
I don't know.. they kinda creep me out :p

Four people living in the same town, maybe even each other's next door neighbours, yet never interact once.

and what's with the turnips craze?

The whole fact that there appears to be two different climates in town. Cedar trees will only grow in the north but then you can grow palm trees on the beach all along it? :rolleyes:

Why don't ponds freeze in winter? If it's cold enough to snow, it should be cold enough to freeze ponds. I wish I could ice skate in ACNL.

But I'm glad it doesn't freeze the water in my watering can. My flowers would die! (I can't enact Beautiful Town ordinance because I need my black roses to wilt to turn them gold.)

Okay you know how they have meat dishes in Animal Crossing....

What are they killing to make those dishes?

The fact we never eat or drink. Well, we can but it's not needed lol

I can't get over how you can stay in the same clothes for weeks, and not have them get the least bit dirty.

Back